Looks for daily drive, opinions on svt focus or contour?

Tylerc

Established Member
Looking for a daily driver that gets decent gas mileage and is also fun to drive. Have some friends with regular focuses and really like them but wanting something a little more sporty. Prices are pretty decent on them too.

Looking for pros and cons on each and which one is a better choice.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
I've had an '08 Focus for a little over a year, now, and I love it. Very good mileage, 36mpg without even trying. Handles great, too, though you'll never mistake it for a sports car. Very comfortable, even for a big guy like me.

Jim Snover

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
We have subforums on these specific cars that this question has been asked and answer numerous times.

Canadian_Bacon

Armchair Athlete
Established Member
^ Why you gotta be a douche. Just answer the mans question.

I don't know about the contour, but I am currently looking for a SVT Focus as well. They are the most comfortable Focus I have ever sat in and they are a blast to drive. Peppy, good on the corners, 6 speed is fairly good on gas.

Last edited:

Tylerc

Established Member
Putting this in road side gets the opinions more from both sides and it might be a little biased if i went into just the contour or focus sub forum. Also roadside is a lot busier and hopefully gets more responses.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
^ Whay you gotta be a douche. Just answer the mans question.

I don't know about the contour, but I am currently looking for a SVT Focus as well. They are the most comfortable Focus I have ever sat in and they are a blast to drive. Peppy, good on the corners, 6 speed is fairly good on gas.
Actually, that was more a tame response from me. We have categorized forums for a reason, to structure the information to easily access and find answers to our questions. With that said, there are actually a decent amount of threads that have been posted over the 11 years of this site that have answered the whole FSVT v CSVT question. Had there been a more direct question then I probably would have just moved it. And if you must know, I'm PMS'ing today too.
Lastly, since you are actually being the Douche, I'm going to refrain from issuing you an infraction to show you that I am indeed not a douche.
Putting this in road side gets the opinions more from both sides and it might be a little biased if i went into just the contour or focus sub forum. Also roadside is a lot busier and hopefully gets more responses.
Putting it in Roadside actually gets you opinions from people who probably don't know much about either car. Using the search feature would have actually been a better bet and asking more pointed questions......

With that said, The downside to the CSVT IMO is that as stated, alot of the body specific parts are hard to find, and almost impossible to find new. They are comparable cars that it really just depends on what styling you like better IMO.

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
consider a ZX2? dirt cheap now and verrrry fun top drive, better power/weight and same mods as the zx3. my ZX2 has a n/a 2.0 200+fwhp engine runs pump gas and 30+ mpg

M240Bravo

Established Member
I had a 98 svt contour. Loved it, fun but not fast. Great mileage. But if you get one, get one of the last two years. I found out the hard way that the first couple of years of the contour had bad wire problems. Wires would just break apart and it was a huge headache.

FICannon

Semper Fidelis
Established Member
I had a SVTF, it wasn't a great car. I daily a 92 Laser RS-Turbo. DSMs aren't the most reliable cars on the road but they're cheap and if you keep up with them they're fun little cars.

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
How about the Focus ST, they have the 2.3 litre front and rear disc brakes and they are pretty cheap now. I believe they made them in 2006 and 2007, very nice car for the money.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I agree with Travis that either one would be a good daily driver. My recommendation is that you test drive each model at least twice at your dealer. Take notes each time, of what you like and what you don't like. After the test drives you should be able to make a good decision based on YOUR needs and expectations. Reviews are great and are helpful, but in the end personal satisfaction with one or the other will be the deciding factor. JMO.

Kiohtee

Established Member
soo you have an 8 year old SVTF and are saying stay away from ALL of them? you don't think they have improved in the last 8 years ?

They aren't making them anymore... ? :??:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
They aren't making them anymore... ? :??:

LOL well that kinds shows where I am in the foci world! .... I am beginning to look again tho. My time out here in the dirtbox is about done and I am going to need a good high MPG DD

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread