looking to buy my first cobra

stang1971

Established Member
I have had 6 fox body 5.0's... ive decided i want a 03-04.. i have a few ?'s

i will be ready to purchase in approx 3 weeks so i have been looking..

i found a 03 with 7k miles on it for 23k. torch red vert.... totally stock.. i really like that one.

i found a 04 black vert with with 50k miles on it for 22k... no mods.

a 03 burgandy vert with 70k miles for 18k.. light mods..

or a 03 10th anniver. vert.. with 47k miles for 25k...

all i can find are verts!!!!! havent found any hardtops close to kc...

are all these prices too high? they are all at dealer so i know i have room.. i can pay cash or finance... this will be mainly a street car with trips to the dragstrip.

any comments are welcome..

Hawwk11

Established Member
Its nice to find one close by, but if it were me i'd grab a buddy and take a nice lil road trip to get the one ya really want. You will be happier in the end. Even if you had to buy a one way plane ticket and drive back home its worth it in my opinion.

Just my $0.02

Good luck bro.

32V10TH

Stroked
Established Member
I saw pics of that first one at a dealer I believe...looked sharp. Its a helluva deal if it has a clean title. Those prices seem close to what they go for, the last one is a bit high probably because its a 10th. You almost HAVE to be willing to travel a ways to find the good ones, at least it seems that way for me.

SVT03CobraVert

Established Member
i saw pics of that first one at a dealer i believe...looked sharp. Its a helluva deal if it has a clean title. Those prices seem close to what they go for, the last one is a bit high probably because its a 10th. You almost have to be willing to travel a ways to find the good ones, at least it seems that way for me.

+1

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member

^^ this one seems like a good deal, as long as its been cared for and well maintained. 70k miles is nothin. and $18k is good.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Me personally, I like lower mileage cars especially if you know you're going to be driving the car often. And that 7K mile one for $23K isn't bad, price wise, assuming it is in pristine condition. Maybe the seller would come down a bit.

Here are some tips from my website. They'll help you. Click on the link. ... Tips When Buying A Used 2003-2004 Cobra

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member
Me personally, I like lower mileage cars especially if you know you're going to be driving the car often. And that 7K mile one for $23K isn't bad, price wise, assuming it is in pristine condition. Maybe the seller would come down a bit.

Here are some tips from my website. They'll help you. Click on the link. ... Tips When Buying A Used 2003-2004 Cobra

I was thinking the same thing. That one over the one with 70,000 miles for sure. I'd try to get them down a bit. If its at a dealership shoot for 22 o.t.d or worse case 23 otd. They probably only gave the guy that traded it in 16-18k maybe. They've got some wiggle room.

SVTDom

cheetah on cocaine
Established Member
keep looking until you find a hard top there out there, when i bought mine it took me about a month, all i could find were verts as well lol.

7k miles for $23,000 is a good deal, and so is the 70k mile car, if its in good shape.

spincobra03

Established Member

^^ this one seems like a good deal, as long as its been cared for and well maintained. 70k miles is nothin. and $18k is good.

You think thats a good deal??:shrug: I have to disagree
The first one is a good deal, as for the rest, I would keep looking.
Expect to pay around 20k for cobra with less than 40k miles. IMO, I wouldnt pay more than 23k unless it had 10k miles or less. And for a cobra with 50k miles plus, I personally wouldnt pay more than 17k and thats if it was in great condition. You have to figure for every 12,000 miles it has thats roughly 1 year of driving milage. I just bought my (basically stock) 04 silver coupe for 20k and it has 36k miles. Even with my deal, while I wasnt crazy about the milage, the car was in amazing shape, so that convinced me

Last edited:

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member
You think thats a good deal??:shrug: I have to disagree
The first one is a good deal, as for the rest, I would keep looking.
Expect to pay around 20k for cobra with less than 40k miles. IMO, I wouldnt pay more than 23k unless it had 10k miles or less. And for a cobra with 50k miles plus, I personally wouldnt pay more than 17k and thats if it was in great condition. You have to figure for every 12,000 miles it has thats roughly 1 year of driving milage. I just bought my (basically stock) 04 silver coupe for 20k and it has 36k miles. Even with my deal, while I wasnt crazy about the milage, the car was in amazing shape, so that convinced me

Seems to be a good rule. 70,000 is pretty high. I guess if you were buying it with plans of building some monster and tearing down the motor in the next year or so it wouldn't be a big deal . But I'm with spincobra the lower the miles the better getting something under 20,000 miles for a few grand more is well worth the wait.

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member

+1 for the TR RagTop!! ...Very low mileage at a good $$$ if in great shape!

spincobra03

Established Member
That car is listed here on this site. Im not a huge fan of after market seats. Also where you live do you have 92 octane? This car is tuned for 92, if you dont have it where you are, you will have to get it retuned for 93 I would think. For that kind of money, I think you can find a better deal. Do yourself a favor and take your time, it will be worth the wait.

spincobra03

Established Member
This is the car I would be looking at if I were you. GI: 616RWHP '04 Cobra Torch Red 24k miles. Sorry the link didnt work for some reason. But go look in the for market thread on svtp. It looks like this one is right up your ally. Goodluck

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread