Looking to buy a Cobra

LS1-THIS

Established Member
Hi guys, I've been looking for a Cobra for a few weeks now, I've found some great cars but have had some unmotivated sellers. One of those deals may pull through, but for now I'm trying to keep my options open and find the best car I can for my money. With that, here's what I'm looking for.
Coupe or Convertible, I really have no preference. As for colors, I am not too picky, but I would prefer Black, Sonic Blue, Satin or Screaming Yellow(would prefer a coupe with the yellow), or Oxford White.
As for the engine, I don't want anything with more than 50k on it, please don't bother asking, I'll say no. I don't mind if the car is tastefully modded (pullied, exhaust, intake, suspension) but I'm not looking for anything crazy either--keep it under 500 horsies please.
The car MUST be in good exterior and interior condition, I take pride in how my car looks and don't want something with scratches or dents.
I don't care where the car is located as long as it's in the Continental US. However, just so you know I am still at college right now and the earliest I will be able to look at a car would be May 20. Alright, with all that being said I'm looking to spend no more than 22k on the car. Let me know what you've got :beer: looking forward to seeing some good looking Cobras!
Zack

LS1-THIS

Established Member
Wow, meant to post this in the market, totally f****d that one up. Going on little sleep, thanks for the heads up, I'll move it there now!

jrd699

All men not created equal
Established Member
Zack, have you tried the Market Section?? Good Luck!! :)

This link should help >>>> Terminators Buy/Sell - SVTPerformance

That's how you help some one Tim! Not like all of the "idiot schoolers" or"educators of ignorant" we have running around here.. Op the fun is in looking, keep at it, you will find the right one:rolling: this is defiantly a great place to look, a lot of very knowledgeable people, that are willing to help here

Last edited:

LS1-THIS

Established Member
While I've got you guys here, there's no point in starting a new thread to ask this question. How reliable are these cars at 50k miles? I know a lot of it depends on how it was driven, but if the car has a new clutch is there anything else I should be worried about? Oh, and let's say the car is pulleyed with bolt-ons.

jrd699

All men not created equal
Established Member
As long as the tune is good, I seen one with 166k that looked new still! Many will recommend a leak down test, I would recommend a good test drive! These cars make 500 fairly easily, so you usually don't have to run these on the "edge" to get there. Biggest advice I can give you, is to look at who is selling the car. I found history on mine back to when it was new. I did not hesitate to drop the cash because I knew owners had taken care of her, as I do now! I would stay away from guys who don't know much about their own cars, and find a true "enthusiast" who is moving on to bigger n better things!

Users who are viewing this thread