Looking into some wheels... Forgestar

gkviper192

Established Member
any companies making a good street radial that will fit the stock rear wheels? Something similar to a mickey thompson Et street radial II ??

Dean95CobraR

Established Member
I just bought a set of the CF5s (19x9, 10). I'm pretty pleased with them so far - looks, weight, and performance. The last test will be the track later this spring.

Deep concave is not that deep at all, and in fact, barely noticeable.

The centering rings aren't necessary. The wheels center themselves on the hub just fine after the second lug nut goes on.

Good luck!
Kevin

Hey Kevin!
I'm just about to pull the trigger on some F14's 18x10s, but still looking for the best price. Where did you end up buying yours? So far Howey Industries had the best prices by $100 a set.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
5 DOT 0... how does this setup look in your opinion? you seem to be one of the masters around here and I appreciate all the help.

Tires: Nitto Invo

Front: 285/35/R19
Rear: 325/30/R19

Wheels: Forgestar F14 Piano black deep concave
Front: 19x9.5
Rear: 19x11

That tire setup is what I'm looking to run :beer:

thanks, I knew the sidewall know correlated with the width I just couldn't remember exactly how. Looks like this will be the setup for me. Now I just need to figure out if that 325 will fit a 19x11 or if ill need to go up to the 19x12 and than I gotta see where I can get the best prices on this whole setup. (which are gonna be brutal) Open to suggestions :)

Hey Kevin!
I'm just about to pull the trigger on some F14's 18x10s, but still looking for the best price. Where did you end up buying yours? So far Howey Industries had the best prices by $100 a set.

A friend of mine is a dealer for Forgestar (and just about everyone else). He and I are trying to become sponsors here so we can deal but we're still waiting on approval. I get all my wheels through him, so I guess I can recommend him without getting in trouble - here's his website, see what he can do pricewise: Home - Deviate Motoring - Forged Wheels & Customs . He's also a dealer through Discount and can sell wheel/tire sets. Don't expect a big discount on tires though, those are a profit-by-volume thing so there's really no profit (read:wiggle room) for dealers.

BlackNDecker

Come at me bro!
Established Member
Looking for some insight on a wheel set up....my Boss is primarily street driven (I have aspirations of tracking it but the nearest race track is 4 hrs each way...so it will see 2-3 track days per year at most). I will be purchasing the ForgeStar CF10s in 19".

Can somebody discuss the pros/cons of a square set up (i.e. 19x10 all four corners) on a primarily street driven Boss? Any reason to get a square setup rather than a 19x9.5 front, 19x11 rear setup?? Any reason to get a 19x11 rear wheel rather than a 19x10???

Grant808

Established Member
Looking for some insight on a wheel set up....my Boss is primarily street driven (I have aspirations of tracking it but the nearest race track is 4 hrs each way...so it will see 2-3 track days per year at most). I will be purchasing the ForgeStar CF10s in 19".

Can somebody discuss the pros/cons of a square set up (i.e. 19x10 all four corners) on a primarily street driven Boss? Any reason to get a square setup rather than a 19x9.5 front, 19x11 rear setup?? Any reason to get a 19x11 rear wheel rather than a 19x10???

Square setup:
Pros-
Ability to rotate
Cost effective

Cons-
require additional hardware to 'balance' car, adjustable sway bar or other 'upgrades'
May require lots of tuning and testing to get 'right' and may ultimately end up with less traction than with a staggered setup (JMO-very arguable).

FWIW, I'm currently running a staggered street tire setup on my Brembo GT with 19x9s on all corners, but stock 255s up front and the matching Pirellis in 275/40 out back. Still heat cycling the rears, but I'm liking how it balances so far with the stock hardware. Much closer to pushing than the stock square setup. I suspect that the Brembo setup might have been designed with the 275s on all corners, but I think it would have out handled the mighty GT500 like that...

You should probably start another thread on this topic and I know I've read some on this topic in other Boss forums.

5 DOT 0... how does this setup look in your opinion? you seem to be one of the masters around here and I appreciate all the help.

Tires: Nitto Invo

Front: 285/35/R19
Rear: 325/30/R19

Wheels: Forgestar F14 Piano black deep concave
Front: 19x9.5
Rear: 19x11

Well I'm no 'master' on the subject, but that sounds good to me if the 325 tire on the 11" rim is the 'right' fit for contact patch. Just make sure you are getting the right offsets for your intended use and setup!

5 DOT 0

Established Member

The stock Boss suspension is setup for a 1 to 1.5" stagger between the front and rear tire width's. Going square will cause over steer but that might not be that big of a deal if you never track your car and test the limits of adhesion. Does your car have the Torsen diff?

BlackNDecker

Come at me bro!
Established Member
Square setup:
Pros-
Ability to rotate
Cost effective

Cons-
require additional hardware to 'balance' car, adjustable sway bar or other 'upgrades'
May require lots of tuning and testing to get 'right' and may ultimately end up with less traction than with a staggered setup (JMO-very arguable).

FWIW, I'm currently running a staggered street tire setup on my Brembo GT with 19x9s on all corners, but stock 255s up front and the matching Pirellis in 275/40 out back. Still heat cycling the rears, but I'm liking how it balances so far with the stock hardware. Much closer to pushing than the stock square setup. I suspect that the Brembo setup might have been designed with the 275s on all corners, but I think it would have out handled the mighty GT500 like that...

You should probably start another thread on this topic and I know I've read some on this topic in other Boss forums.

Thanks for the input.:thumbsup:

Seems like there has to be some negative impact on performance from dramatically increasing tire width front and rear...increased rolling resistance to name one. Large increase in weight. Any others??

The stock Boss suspension is setup for a 1 to 1.5" stagger between the front and rear tire width's. Going square will cause over steer but that might not be that big of a deal if you never track your car and test the limits of adhesion. Does your car have the Torsen diff?

Yes, I got the Torsen/Recaro package. I wonder if I should just keep the OEM wheel specs (well, Laguna Seca specs 19x9, 19x10)...and keep the same tire sizes 255 and 285.:??:

I would lose all the benefit of unsprung weight loss with these rims if I increase tire size and weight (which has a much much greater impact on rotational acceleration). Any thoughts on keeping OEM tire specs:??:

Last edited:

5 DOT 0

Established Member
Yes, I got the Torsen/Recaro package. I wonder if I should just keep the OEM wheel specs (well, Laguna Seca specs 19x9, 19x10)...and keep the same tire sizes 255 and 285.:??:

I would lose all the benefit of unsprung weight loss with these rims if I increase tire size and weight (which has a much much greater impact on rotational acceleration). Any thoughts on keeping OEM tire specs:??:
I'm not saying the car can't be improved but Ford did a lot of track testing with the Boss and they know what they were doing. The stock Boss hooks up very well with the stock sized tires so unless you're needing more traction there's not much need for wider tires. I've only driven a Boss on the track three times with the stock tire sizes and I'm not setting any lap records. I've been very impressed with how neutral the car is and how well the rear sticks coming out of corners. Even after reading all the reviews I fully expected to be fighting over steer but it's only there if you want it. The Boss can be drifted if you want to. :-D

Dean95CobraR

Established Member
Just ordered a set of 18x10's F14 in Matte Black from MRT racing. They are saying it will be 2-3 weeks.

Forgestar used to have their rims painted but recently they are powdercoating them which should make the paint more durable.

I'm still thinking about tires but kinda leaning towards the Nitto NT01s. :coolman:

mustangtuning_2196_216965538

Last edited:

Dig-It

New SVT Poster from 2005
Established Member
Congrats! With 18s, I'd run the NT01. It's a good tire at a good price.

Did you see my post about the Forgestar rim lug wells?

Last edited:

BlackNDecker

Come at me bro!
Established Member
Congrats! With 18s, I'd run the NT01. It's a good tire at a good price.

Did you see my post about the Forgestar rim lug wells?

Could you elaborate?

I have some acorn Gorilla lugs from AmericanMuscle...would they work with Forgestar wheels?

yankeehick

Established Member
A friend of mine has these on his white Boss, they look nice.

Boss-GT500-Wheels.jpg

I wish I waited and bought a Boss 302. I absolutely love your car. I'm very jealous. Anyway, I went with the stormtrooper look on my 2011 GT. I think a set of Forgestars would look amazing on your Boss. Let me know what you think.

Forgestar1.JPG

Forgestar4.JPG

Forgestar3.JPG

5 DOT 0

Established Member
I wish I waited and bought a Boss 302. I absolutely love your car. I'm very jealous. Anyway, I went with the stormtrooper look on my 2011 GT. I think a set of Forgestars would look amazing on your Boss. Let me know what you think.

Forgestar1.JPG
Thank you.
Your car and wheels look fantastic. What size wheels did you buy and where's your street Boss front splitter? ;-)

BlackNDecker

Come at me bro!
Established Member
Wheels look great....I'm also interested in wheel size and offset:beer:

yankeehick

Established Member
Thank you.
Your car and wheels look fantastic. What size wheels did you buy and where's your street Boss front splitter? ;-)

HAHA!! That's awesome man. Funny you ask about the splitter. It will be at my place by tomorrow! I ordered it from LMS and they shipped me some stupid clip on splittler for a 2009 Stang. Was pissed, but hopefully they got it right this time. I wonder how hard the installation for the splitter will be?

Anywho, I went with 9s in the front and 10.5 in the back with a matte black finish. 20" of course. My tires are Toyo Proxes 4. Running 255/35 in the front and 295/30 in the back. Tires are amazingly grippy for being considered all-season.

Dean95CobraR

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread