Looking into some wheels... Forgestar

ihatepotholes

Established Member
He is. Do you mean the stock profile? If he did the tires would be taller.

i somehow calculated it wrong. you are right, if he kept the stock profile the tires would be too tall.

if im not mistaken, his tires would be a little short with 285/35 and 325/30 no? i guess that's as close as he is gonna get with that tire size.

ihatepotholes

Established Member
OP i would look into OZ racing's Ultraleggera series as well... their wheels are pretty light and inexpensive

gkviper192

Established Member
Seems like the closest/best combo I could get and I really like the invos. I'm not great with the calculations but how much lower or taller would my front and rear be with my setup? Anyone know how to do that? Thanks

ihatepotholes

Established Member
Seems like the closest/best combo I could get and I really like the invos. I'm not great with the calculations but how much lower or taller would my front and rear be with my setup? Anyone know how to do that? Thanks

285 is the width, the two digit number follows that is the profile or (sidewall aspect ratio) of the tire. take stock rear tire as an example, 285/35. so the width of the tire is 285mm, and the sidewall height (from rim to tread) of the tire is 35% of the width.

stock sidewall height for the front is roughly 4.02 inches, and rear is 3.93in.

285/35 would leave you 3.93 for the front, and 325/30 would give you a 3.84in for the rear.

it's almost the same.

Last edited:

gkviper192

Established Member
285 is the width, the two digit number follows that is the profile or (sidewall aspect ratio) of the tire. take stock rear tire as an example, 285/35. so the width of the tire is 285mm, and the sidewall height (from rim to tread) of the tire is 35% of the width.

stock sidewall height for the front is roughly 4.02 inches, and rear is 3.93in.

285/35 would leave you 3.93 for the front, and 325/30 would give you a 3.84in for the rear.

it's almost the same.

thanks, I knew the sidewall know correlated with the width I just couldn't remember exactly how. Looks like this will be the setup for me. Now I just need to figure out if that 325 will fit a 19x11 or if ill need to go up to the 19x12 and than I gotta see where I can get the best prices on this whole setup. (which are gonna be brutal) Open to suggestions :)

5 DOT 0

Established Member
thanks, I knew the sidewall know correlated with the width I just couldn't remember exactly how. Looks like this will be the setup for me. Now I just need to figure out if that 325 will fit a 19x11 or if ill need to go up to the 19x12 and than I gotta see where I can get the best prices on this whole setup. (which are gonna be brutal) Open to suggestions :)
Check the manufacturer specs on the tires and you'll find the height of the tire and the rim width requirements.

5 DOT 0

Established Member
OP i would look into OZ racing's Ultraleggera series as well... their wheels are pretty light and inexpensive
Do they have fitment for our cars?

ozracing_itech_ultraleggerahlt_mattgraphite.png

ihatepotholes

Established Member
Do they have fitment for our cars?

i thought they did, but i was wrong they only made it for 05 GT. what kinda offset would we need if we go 19/9.5 in the front, and 19/10.5 in the rear? i'll call my wheel guy see if they can custom make me one.

coolmac

Established Member
"The centering rings aren't necessary. The wheels center themselves on the hub just fine after the second lug nut goes on."

The centering rings must be used to support the wheel on the hub, not by the
lug nuts.

Dig-It

New SVT Poster from 2005
Established Member
"The centering rings aren't necessary. The wheels center themselves on the hub just fine after the second lug nut goes on."

The centering rings must be used to support the wheel on the hub, not by the
lug nuts.

I should correct what I said in my previous post.

The wheels center themselves just fine. However, they do seem to rotate around the hub a bit so that the wheel stud will sit just off-center in the lug well. This causes the socket to hit the top of the lug well impeding installation. A quick fist bump on a spoke and problem's fixed.

The soft thin nylon/plastic centering rings don't really do squat, let alone support the wheel on the hub. I tried them today and they didn't make a darn difference.

Last edited:

gkviper192

Established Member
what do our OEM wheels weigh?

EIDT*

5 DOT 0, should have known you had already posted about this... I found your post over on another forums.

F 19x9.0=32.5 lbs.
R 19x9.5=33.0 lbs.

Thanks

Last edited:

Dig-It

New SVT Poster from 2005
Established Member
I forgot to mention something else about the Forgestars:

The stock 13/16-inch lug nuts will not fit in the lug wells of the rims. Ergo an 13/16-inch socket will also not fit in the lug well. A 3/4-inch socket was the biggest I could get to fit.

So I bought a set of Gorilla brand chromed 1/2-inch, 20-tpi, 3/4-inch hex-head, bulge seat lug nuts. They work perfectly.

5 DOT 0

Established Member
what do our OEM wheels weigh?

EIDT*

5 DOT 0, should have known you had already posted about this... I found your post over on another forums.

F 19x9.0=32.5 lbs.
R 19x9.5=33.0 lbs.

Thanks
Yep. The 302S wheels are about 1 pound lighter per wheel and the SVT wheels are about 2 pounds lighter per wheel.

BlackNDecker

Come at me bro!
Established Member
I think I've settled on the Forgestar CF10 "super concave" wheels. I'd like to run a square set up in 19x10. Anybody know what offset would be required with these wheels?

I photoshopped some onto a white Boss:
whitegunmetal.jpg

And these look badass but too flashy for me...
Whiteredboss.jpg

BlackNDecker

Come at me bro!
Established Member
The SVT wheels are too heavy. It's not worth buying a new set of wheels just to save 2 lbs per wheel...IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread