Looking into some wheels... Forgestar

gkviper192

Established Member
So I have brought this up before and I am looking into a new rim tire setup and want to know what you guys think..

Forgestar F14 Front 19x9 and 19x10 or 19x11 rears

Am I going to be s/c'ed soon and need a big tire out back that isn't necessarily a drag radial because I drive it quite a bit. Will a tire between a 305-325 out back affect my handling negatively? I don't take it to road courses at all but I don't want to kill the handling... also if i go with something from a 305-325 in the back, what should i go with in the front as far as size?

I am seriously considering nitto nt05s and am also open to suggestions.

Thanks,
Greg

5 DOT 0

Established Member
I looked at those wheels before I purchased my car and even went to their facility in SoCal. If you are going to SC your Boss I'd go with 19x9.5 and 19x11 and run the 305's on the rear. The CF5's also look really nice on Mustangs and are much easier to clean. It was a toss up for me between the F14's and SVT wheels I purchased. A plus for the Forgestar's is their lighter weight and a plus for the SVT is the OEM quality and fitment. The Forgestar's use centering rings and I didn't want to mess with them so I purchased the SVT wheels.

Forgestar Wheels Custom Rotary Forged Flow Formed Concave Performance Wheels

gkviper192

Established Member
I looked at those wheels before I purchased my car and even went to their facility in SoCal. If you are going to SC your Boss I'd go with 19x9.5 and 19x11 and run the 305's on the rear. The CF5's also look really nice on Mustangs and are much easier to clean. It was a toss up for me between the F14's and SVT wheels I purchased. A plus for the Forgestar's is their lighter weight and a plus for the SVT is the OEM quality and fitment. The Forgestar's use centering rings and I didn't want to mess with them so I purchased the SVT wheels.

Forgestar Wheels Custom Rotary Forged Flow Formed Concave Performance Wheels

If I run a 305 in the back what would you suggest for the front?

I was leaning more towards 315-325 only because well over 600whp Is going to need as much help as it can to hook up. Will I have any fitment or rubbing issues with a tire that wide?

5 DOT 0

Established Member
I don't know much about the fitment of the larger wheels in the rear other than 305's fit fine on the Forgestar 11" wide wheels. For the front either 255, 265 or 275. The Boss suspension is setup for a 1" to 1.5" stagger with the rubber so if you stay in that range you should be fine.

gkviper192

Established Member
325 rear is 12.7 inches and 285 front is 11.2 so I should be ok with the 1.5 inch different if I were to go with that setup? And this would be on 19x9.5 and 19x11

5 DOT 0

Established Member
I have no idea. Just make sure there are tires available in the sizes you want and try and keep the height of the front and rears similar.

gkviper192

Established Member
I have no idea. Just make sure there are tires available in the sizes you want and try and keep the height of the front and rears similar.

yea definitely I will keep you updated and thank you for the info and advice.

Grant808

Established Member
I don't know much about the fitment of the larger wheels in the rear other than 305's fit fine on the Forgestar 11" wide wheels. For the front either 255, 265 or 275. The Boss suspension is setup for a 1" to 1.5" stagger with the rubber so if you stay in that range you should be fine.

With 305+ at the rear, I'd do 275/40 for the front. But it also depends on the availability and height of the rears you want. If the rears are much shorter than stock, I think there are lots of front options that are less than 27" dia.

gkviper192

Established Member
I noticed the forgestars in 19" are going to have to be "deep concave" to get 19x9.5 and 19x11. What exactly does deep concave mean?

5 DOT 0

Established Member
I noticed the forgestars in 19" are going to have to be "deep concave" to get 19x9.5 and 19x11. What exactly does deep concave mean?
LOL that's a BMW thing and Forgestars are very popular with the BMW crowd here in CA! Guys like to see a deep concave because it makes the wheel look deeper and wider. Concave is cool and flat is out. My SVT wheels don't have as much concave as the Forgestars.

gkviper192

Established Member
It's not that I really want them.. It's that they only have the sizes I want in deep concave.. But I don't want them to look like stupid deep dish rims

gkviper192

Established Member
5 DOT 0... how does this setup look in your opinion? you seem to be one of the masters around here and I appreciate all the help.

Tires: Nitto Invo

Front: 285/35/R19
Rear: 325/30/R19

Wheels: Forgestar F14 Piano black deep concave
Front: 19x9.5
Rear: 19x11

Dig-It

New SVT Poster from 2005
Established Member
I just bought a set of the CF5s (19x9, 10). I'm pretty pleased with them so far - looks, weight, and performance. The last test will be the track later this spring.

Deep concave is not that deep at all, and in fact, barely noticeable.

The centering rings aren't necessary. The wheels center themselves on the hub just fine after the second lug nut goes on.

Good luck!
Kevin

gkviper192

Established Member
I just bought a set of the CF5s (19x9, 10). I'm pretty pleased with them so far - looks, weight, and performance. The last test will be the track later this spring.

Deep concave is not that deep at all, and in fact, barely noticeable.

The centering rings aren't necessary. The wheels center themselves on the hub just fine after the second lug nut goes on.

Good luck!
Kevin

I noticed that the deep concave isn't much different when I saw a picture. I was expecting some deep dish type looking rim but the deep concave looks just as good. Congrats on the new wheels !

5 DOT 0

Established Member
5 DOT 0... how does this setup look in your opinion? you seem to be one of the masters around here and I appreciate all the help.

I'm no master at this but I have seen those wheels in person. I have no idea if those 325's are going to fit or not.

As for the concave it's not overdone. When I was at their factory checking out their wheels just about every car on their lot had the F14's mounted. When I left I went straight to a Ford dealer a couple of miles away where they had a GT500 with the SVT wheels on it. The Forgestars have a lot more concave to them than the SVT wheels.

Kevin posted photos of his new wheels at TMS and the CF5's look terrific on a Mustang. :thumbsup: That's good to know the centering rings aren't necessary.

gkviper192

Established Member
I'm no master at this but I have seen those wheels in person. I have no idea if those 325's are going to fit or not.

As for the concave it's not overdone. When I was at their factory checking out their wheels just about every car on their lot had the F14's mounted. When I left I went straight to a Ford dealer a couple of miles away where they had a GT500 with the SVT wheels on it. The Forgestars have a lot more concave to them than the SVT wheels.

Kevin posted photos of his new wheels at TMS and the CF5's look terrific on a Mustang. :thumbsup: That's good to know the centering rings aren't necessary.

I mean I could always go to ye 19x12 rears if need be but damn that is really big I guess they would still fit ok right?

ihatepotholes

Established Member

Why not keep the stock height? 285/40 front, and 325/35 rear?

Users who are viewing this thread