Looking for some advice on my setup

BLTM

Established Member
Whats up guys, I know there are many thready out there which state the best few bolt ons for quick power adders and I already have a couple of those, along with quite a few other bolt ons. I have the sct tuner, and whatnot and I have a pocket full of cash that needs to be spent on some go fast goodies.

I am running:
K&N CAI
SLP Catback
Along with a list of other mods that don't add HP.

I want to do a 2.76 pulley setup, AND the supporting idler pulley i believe.
I need to also pick up a mid pipe (catless).
Everywhere i look people say headers are not worth the money, is this true?

I want to be pushing 450 + hp to the wheels.

Is there any other things I should be considering, posi ported eaton and TB?

I'm a noob with mustangs as I just picked up my cobra 3 weeks ago, if this were an F body, i'd be answering these questions for someone else haha.

Thanks for looking guys.

If you have any of these parts I listed, ill buy them from you.... Ported TB, Pulley setup, mid pipe etc. lemme know!

Emwun Garand

Established Member
What mods do you have that don't add power?
A Billetflow differential brace and subframe connectors are nice addition. The brace is almost a must.

I would go with a full 4 piece idler setup. The stock stamped steel idlers are prone to exploding, damaging belts and radiators.

scotts99snake

Established Member
Catless midpipe + SLP (loudmouth one) is super loud....imo. I agree with Emwun, subframe connectors and a diff brace are worthwhile and at 450hp, longtubes are not needed. Depending on how much $$ you are looking to spend, a 2.76" pulley, 60lb injectors, BA 2400 MAF, BAP and 4 piece idler set would make you VERY happy.

Last edited:

BLTM

Established Member
I have:
IRS low-profile blots
Maximum Motorsports Full Length – Sub Frame Connectors
Liberty 26 Spline Input Shaft
Centerforce DFX Clutch & Pressure Plate
Ford Racing Throw Out Bearing
Flipk Intake II
Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel w/ replaceable contact section
Maximum Motorsports Clutch Pedal Height Adjuster
Fiore Micro Click – Clutch cable Adjuster
SLP – Line Lock
Ford Racing - Drive Shaft Loop
H&R Race – Lowering Springs

BLTM

Established Member
If I'am pushing 450+ HP, I would be very happy. It seems like headers are not a necessity to achieve this?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Catless midpipe + SLP (loudmouth one) is super loud....imo. I agree with Emwun, subframe connectors and a diff brace are worthwhile and at 450hp, longtubes are not needed. Depending on how much $$ you are looking to spend, a 2.76" pulley, 60lb injectors, BA 2400 MAF, BAP and 4 piece idler set would make you VERY happy.

Why 60lb injectors? Thats NOT needed for hp in the 450 range. A different maf sensor maybe.

Darko

Burn-N-Out
Established Member
Billetflow 4 piece idler kit, 2.76" SC pulley, tune, exhaust & intake and 450whp is no problem. Like others said IRS brace, sub frame connectors. Id also do some cooling mods as well. Look into the Fluidyne Heat exchanger.

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
What mods do you have that don't add power?
A Billetflow differential brace and subframe connectors are nice addition. The brace is almost a must.

I would go with a full 4 piece idler setup. The stock stamped steel idlers are prone to exploding, damaging belts and radiators.

Yes yes ... Bassani Catted X (comes with the straight pipes also)!! :beer:

2.76" pulley should get you in the 450 rwhp range...

SVT_Troy

Established Member
skip the headers for now and just do a pulley swap with some dyno tunning. Other are saying to get the brace before you destroy your rear end which can happen on stock power levels with some wheel hop. It sucks having power and not being able to use it....Ask me how I know :mj:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Yes yes ... Bassani Catted X (comes with the straight pipes also)!! :beer:

2.76" pulley should get you in the 450 rwhp range...

My bassani catted x did NOT come with any straight pipe to eliminate the cats. Mine are welded on.

007-6.jpg

Last edited:

scotts99snake

Established Member
Why 60lb injectors? Thats NOT needed for hp in the 450 range. A different maf sensor maybe.

The injectors may not be needed now but I doubt his mods will be done after he reaches 450 hp.
When I had my procharged 99 Cobra I said if I bought an 03 Cobra I would never have to do anything to it. I would be happy with the stock power. Fast forward 2 years and I have went through a ported blower and now have a twin screw. Do the mods ever end?

Last edited:

BLTM

Established Member
The injectors may not be needed now but I doubt his mods will be done after he reaches 450 hp.
When I had my procharged 99 Cobra I said if I bought an 03 Cobra I would never have to do anything to it. I would be happy with the stock power. Fast forward 2 years and I have went through a ported blower and now have a twin screw. Do the mods ever end?

The modding never ends! I know everyone was saying headers are not important at this time, but i want to save my self from having to do them in the future.

Can someone post a link of a 2.7 pulley setup (4 pc) right? I want to buy asap. Whats good?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I know you want a 2.76 upper, but you can go with a 2.90 Reichard Racing upper and make 450rwhp+ with a good tune. Less chance for belt slip and less generated heat. Here was my combo that got me 457rwhp and 480rwtq.
2.90 Reichard Racing upper pulley
4-piece Billetflow idler set (but I recommend Metco)
Accufab throttle body/plenum
Magnaflow catted X-pipe
Steeda catback
Amazon Tuning Solutions tune (93 octane fuel)

619Cobra04

Mystic Cobra
Established Member
I know you want a 2.76 upper, but you can go with a 2.90 Reichard Racing upper and make 450rwhp+ with a good tune. Less chance for belt slip and less generated heat. Here was my combo that got me 457rwhp and 480rwtq.
2.90 Reichard Racing upper pulley
4-piece Billetflow idler set (but I recommend Metco)
Accufab throttle body/plenum
Magnaflow catted X-pipe
Steeda catback
Amazon Tuning Solutions tune (93 octane fuel)

Ya I got the 2.81 and I'm up in the 480s! Oh and just installed my gasket! ;) thanks :)

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member

That might be true, I've also heard that changing out injectors with the blower still on can be a pita. I've never done it, so I'm not sure if it is. But later if going to a ported blower or twinscrew would be the easy time to swap injectors imo.

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
You can get a 2.90 upper pulley and you won't need to buy a 4 piece idler set. You won't need 60lb injectors or MAF either. I ran stock MAF and Mafia with a ported eaton, so with the stock blower you'll be fine. The 2.90 upper only is the cheapest way to your 450RWHP goal since no extra idlers are required.

Get an IRS Brace and some sticky tires to go with the 2.90 upper and you'll have a new car on your hands! I'm from the South Side of the CHI. Congrats on your Cobra.

Users who are viewing this thread