Looking for 'selling safe' tips for my daughter who is selling her Mercedes SL.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Just one more piece of advice.

If you do accept any sort of non-cash payment, make sure to tell her to require government issued ID and take a picture of it.

As for cash only, you can buy counterfeit markers from any business supply store. They're dirt cheap.
Yeah, I read that piece of advice somewhere else. Definitely wise to do. Thanks.

C2tuck

Established Member
What's the limit of withdrawal in cash from a bank, or heads up wanted?

IE if you go in on the spot and ask for 20k, don't they want a notice of advance, or is that certain banks?

Depends on the bank...when this corona crap first started I went to my bank and pulled out 20k in about 5 minutes. They do ask for more info if it’s over 10k.

I’ve never been to worried about carrying large sums of cash, but I’m more observant than most, and the fact I never leave home without the 1911 either...especially in the crazy world we live in today.

Makobra

Mostly Peaceful
Established Member
Thanks. Advice for payments? Certified bank check the best?

I told my daughter it's always good to get the prospective customer's call-back phone number, and address. If needed, you can do a background check for a small fee. Pretty easy to spot the obvious scammers, since they usually are flighty and provide very little personal info that you could check/verify.

1. cash is king. cashiers checks can be faked. personal checks can be hot.
2. buddy system is best.
3. armed security

that's the only real way to eliminate risk so its what I do. i carry everywhere all the time, require cash, and I can be fairly intimidating so the buddy system isn't super necessary. women shouldn't buy or sell large things alone, in general, unless they're proficient in the use of a firearm. too much risk. i would never let my wife or daughter do that.

Users who are viewing this thread