Looking for opinions on this '13 GT500

Robin Lawrence

Established Member
Ok time for a little tuning and Dyno. I have about 60 miles mostly stop and go in town driving. Car runs good! I removed the 2.4" pulley and installed a stock upper pulley. Since it has a 10% ATI that should be good enough for what I want.
Tune was way off, well it would not go into PE mode and was an expected 14.2to 1 AFR. Short pull but enough to get data. Worked on the tune and no decent response. Changing to another platform and making progress. Still wants to hit the airflow or inverse torque limits as it wants to close the throttle body. Might also be slipping the belt. Boost drops off after 4700 RPM. Still lots to do. So far at 660 torque and 655 RWHP SAE. I haven't pulled it past 6500 yet. I will once I get past the torque limits. Since it snowed here about 6" and is in single digits I left the car strapped to the dyno. I will get back to it once we get a warm day.
Shelby Dyno small.jpg

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Ok time for a little tuning and Dyno. I have about 60 miles mostly stop and go in town driving. Car runs good! I removed the 2.4" pulley and installed a stock upper pulley. Since it has a 10% ATI that should be good enough for what I want.
Tune was way off, well it would not go into PE mode and was an expected 14.2to 1 AFR. Short pull but enough to get data. Worked on the tune and no decent response. Changing to another platform and making progress. Still wants to hit the airflow or inverse torque limits as it wants to close the throttle body. Might also be slipping the belt. Boost drops off after 4700 RPM. Still lots to do. So far at 660 torque and 655 RWHP SAE. I haven't pulled it past 6500 yet. I will once I get past the torque limits. Since it snowed here about 6" and is in single digits I left the car strapped to the dyno. I will get back to it once we get a warm day. View attachment 1733237
glad to see that car wasnt just kicked down the road like a rubber ball. Exited to see the journey moving forward

Users who are viewing this thread