Looking for opinions on this '13 GT500

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Used 2013 Ford Mustang For Sale at Grinwald Ford | VIN: 1ZVBP8JZ9D5262766

A friend of mine is seriously considering this vehicle and has asked what I think. Aside from the typical specs, I'm not especially knowledgeable when it comes to the Trinity cars. That's where you guys come in. I'm counting on your keen, experienced eyes. lol
Here's what I know/have been told:
$3k in suspension mods - It's obviously lowered, but that's as much as I can tell

No cats = aftermarket mid-pipe and based on the tips, the cat-back isn't stock. Car comes with long tubes that are not installed

Intake + throttle body aren't stock

Blower pulley looks small to me, but then again I don't know what stock is on these cars. Thusly, if it's a smaller pulley, there's got to be a tune(r) involved.

What do you guys think? Thank you kindly for your time on this!

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Used 2013 Ford Mustang For Sale at Grinwald Ford | VIN: 1ZVBP8JZ9D5262766

A friend of mine is seriously considering this vehicle and has asked what I think. Aside from the typical specs, I'm not especially knowledgeable when it comes to the Trinity cars. That's where you guys come in. I'm counting on your keen, experienced eyes. lol
Here's what I know/have been told:
$3k in suspension mods - It's obviously lowered, but that's as much as I can tell

No cats = aftermarket mid-pipe and based on the tips, the cat-back isn't stock. Car comes with long tubes that are not installed

Intake + throttle body aren't stock

Blower pulley looks small to me, but then again I don't know what stock is on these cars. Thusly, if it's a smaller pulley, there's got to be a tune(r) involved.

What do you guys think? Thank you kindly for your time on this!
In addition to the observations you made...
- No rocker stripes means either car was delivered without them, or they were removed
- Numerous interior pieces (i.e., dash, door panel, and console) have been replaced with carbon fiber (or hydrodipped) pieces
- Steering wheel has been replaced with carbon fiber (or hydrodipped) and non-Alcantara version
- Steering wheel appears to have excessive wear/damage on the left side
- Driver's seat appears excessively-worn in the usual spot
- Quarter glass "side scoops" are aftermarket add-ons
- Valence surrounding the faux gas cap is wrapped/refinished or aftermarket, as it should be gloss (rather than matte) black
- Aftermarket intake, throttle body, and pulley mean the car has a non-OEM tune. Does it include the tuner and information on who tuned it?
- In addition to the intake and throttle body, the elbow also appears to be aftermarket
- 3-piece front chin splitter is not installed/missing

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Thank you for the input. I just got off the phone with my friend. Sounds like he's pretty much decided to pull the trigger. Luckily he reached out in time for me to provide with him some better questions to ask the dealer before he signs anything.

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
Car looks good. I'd be pressed to ask why no side stripes? I'd be looking for signs of damage/repaint on the car.
Maybe wrong, but it just makes me wonder if damage/repair was done & someone opted to not replace the high $ OEM vinyl stripes.
I know it's hard to do usually from a dealer car but I'd also like to speak with the original owner as that might clear up some questions.

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Evidently the guy who traded it in was at the dealership while my buddy was there. Of course he never thought to talk to the guy.

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
Evidently the guy who traded it in was at the dealership while my buddy was there. Of course he never thought to talk to the guy.
Oh no kidding? I'd be quickly stepping around that salesman and asking tons of questions to the prior owner!
All that salesmen wants to do is make a sale naturally.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
If your friend buys that car he should try and get the previous owners info so he can find out who's it tuned by and other mods it might have.

Ray Lucca

Established Member
With the Vin # the Ford Dealer can run a Free Oasis report. Do that before buying. Clean Car Fax looks good.
Mr. Norton gave great advice: Find out as much as possible as to the Tune / Tuner. Does the Tuner come with the vehicle? Has a JLT Intake and a dirty filter, hard to see but I think it also has a Ford Racing Twin 65 TB, which is a good unit. Car needs a Passenger Side Oil Separator, ASAP. The JLT unit is easy. Does it run on Premium or E 85 with No Cats? **Compression Test is a great idea... Does the Car Cover come with the car, it was on the window sticker.. Good luck to your friend!

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Thanks guys! He's working right now, but looks like he's communicating back and forth with the salesperson when he can. Relaying questions to him on-the-fly.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
In addition to the observations you made...
- No rocker stripes means either car was delivered without them, or they were removed
- Numerous interior pieces (i.e., dash, door panel, and console) have been replaced with carbon fiber (or hydrodipped) pieces
- Steering wheel has been replaced with carbon fiber (or hydrodipped) and non-Alcantara version
- Steering wheel appears to have excessive wear/damage on the left side
- Driver's seat appears excessively-worn in the usual spot
- Quarter glass "side scoops" are aftermarket add-ons
- Valence surrounding the faux gas cap is wrapped/refinished or aftermarket, as it should be gloss (rather than matte) black
- Aftermarket intake, throttle body, and pulley mean the car has a non-OEM tune. Does it include the tuner and information on who tuned it?
- In addition to the intake and throttle body, the elbow also appears to be aftermarket
- 3-piece front chin splitter is not installed/missing

You know... the steering wheel kinda irked me... 15,000 miles with that type of wear seems odd to me.

Side striped deleted and no front air splitters.... my first thoughts were accident.... but that could just be the skeptic in me.

-Also, aftermarket springs. Cars been lowered significantly.

HPLouis

Established Member
Can the dealership even sell that car? I thought you can't sell a car with any modifications to the emissions equipment......or is that just NYC?

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I convinced him to walk away. Too many unknowns and I couldn’t just stand by and let him gamble with that kind of cash. Car could be just fine, but it felt to risky to me. I appreciate everything, fellas. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

fearthesnake

Established Member
I convinced him to walk away. Too many unknowns and I couldn’t just stand by and let him gamble with that kind of cash. Car could be just fine, but it felt to risky to me. I appreciate everything, fellas. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Probably a good thing. Dealer is looking to make some cash on that car. I bet they didn't give $35K on that trade in with all those Mods.

$40K-$42K tops on that Car if it all checks out.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
If the car is " tuned " does a hand held come with it ? Who's tune ?
If the dealership says the tune is stock,.................GET IT IN WRITING !!

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
According to the dealer/salesman, no tuner was with it. That was my biggest red flag. No cats yet the CEL wasn't on either. 99.9% sure it had to have been tuned or messed with somehow. Plus, why bother with the intake mods if you're not going to at least put an OTS flash on it. The dealership is in a non-emissions county so I assume the previous owner lives around there. My buddy would have had to get it through emissions every other year. Not worth the hassle IMO.

darksykal

Established Member
have the guy check the belt # and confirm it's stock
i don't see aftermarket idler bracket so if it's a different pulley he'd need a different belt iirc

also side rocker panel stickers are really easy to add back on.
i got mine for like $80 cause previous owner removed as well

(must be a ruby red metallic/white stripe thing lol)

SilverGTvert

Established Member
Your friend dodged a huge headache with this car! It’s been sitting at Grinwald Ford with a blown motor. Broken rod, holes in the block, damaged cylinder head, etc. I see it’s no longer listed for sale, somebody bought it with the blown engine.

Users who are viewing this thread