looking for multi vitamins and fishoil.

svt_fan1129

Established Member
Any recommendations ? Was thinking of animal pak multi vitamins, but thats like 4 pills in a pack. I feel like an old person, I'm already taking 5 pills per day as is.

Fish Oil is a need, i heard what you pay for is what you get. I wouldnt mind going with more expensive ones, especially if they are better for you. I bought the fishoil from walmart... not the best ones lol

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My wife, who is about as health conscious as they come, swears by cod liver oil. On its own the taste is horrible, but you can buy a lemon flavored oil that is actually good. She uses Carlson Norwegian Cod Liver Oil (with a light lemon flavor). This is the cheapest place I've found to buy it (with the free shipping) at $32.97 for a 16.9 oz. bottle. [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Carlson-Norwegian-Natural-Vitamin-Bottle/dp/B003B3P4PO]Amazon.com: Carlson Labs Norwegian Natural Vitamin E Cod Liver Oil, Lemon, 500ml, Glass Bottle: Health & Personal Care[/ame]

5ohCobra

Established Member
I take the ANIMAL PACK and i grab gnc fish oils.. With everything i take its fills the bill

Teethy

0S0SL0
Established Member
I wish my Animal Pak had 4 pills in it... By my count its 11 pills, 7 of which are like swallowing a golf ball.

The instructions say to take 2 packs per day.. I only take 1 as I feel like two would be a little overkill. Pee is radioactive as it is.

With that being said Animal Pak has been the best performing multi I've ever taken and I would recommend it to others.

Fish Oil is Fish Oil for the most part. Just get a reputable brand and roll on with life.

UFGatorGuy20

UFGatorGuy20
Established Member
Well, there's some value to taking a multi-vitamin but the human body can only absorb so much. What you're buying here are the ingredients for very expensive urine.

baginoman

Mind over Matter
Established Member
Orange Triad here for a multi...joint support, immune support, and digestive support all in one. Great stuff!

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
i started taking Centrium A-Z multi-vitamins and i jumped off them after about 3 weeks. it's a new year so i'm like "yeah lets get healthier blah blah"....
OMG my breath stunk so bad after i started taking them, my wife was like ease up on the pills, i said "honey i'm taking one a day like the box says"....needless to say i cut it down to 1/2 a pill everyday and it didn't. also they made my poop a little harder and so i jumped off after about 3 weeks......screw that.

btw i floss and brush 2-3 x's a day (even at work) and my breath was fine until i srated taking those pills. Breath isn't bad anymore from what i hear lol

xtremeskime21

Established Member
op...are you pregnant? my wife is and that's what she takes to support brain development in the fetus.:rolling:

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
My wife, who is about as health conscious as they come, swears by cod liver oil. On its own the taste is horrible, but you can buy a lemon flavored oil that is actually good. She uses Carlson Norwegian Cod Liver Oil (with a light lemon flavor). This is the cheapest place I've found to buy it (with the free shipping) at $32.97 for a 16.9 oz. bottle. Amazon.com: Carlson Labs Norwegian Natural Vitamin E Cod Liver Oil, Lemon, 500ml, Glass Bottle: Health & Personal Care

Cod Liver Oil is amazing. I take 2 1000mg pills before going to bed and it keeps my muscles from getting tight in my sleep. Also, they are an amazing anti-inflammatory and work great when your sore from injuries or pulled muscles. If you take them before bed you will not have to worry about the taste at all because your body will have processed it by the time you wake up. Take them before a couple beers and find your burping week old fish. Brand is not as important as finding some that are natural and do not include additives.

RedDemon91

Established Member
Another vote for Orange Triad, it's the best out there and has had tons of research done on it. I love it.

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
I've been told by many people that GNC's multi-vitamins are really bad for you.

Dont see how/why. Its just vitamins. However its normal for your pee to turn radioactive when taking vitamins. Or actually its from the excess your body cant process. You need to take water soluable vits to get the benefit.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Why don't you just eat some fish?

I take Centrum, flax seed oil (full of omega-3s and no fish burps), and cinnamon.

RedDemon91

Established Member
Dont see how/why. Its just vitamins. However its normal for your pee to turn radioactive when taking vitamins. Or actually its from the excess your body cant process. You need to take water soluable vits to get the benefit.

No I completely understand that, it happens to me when I don't drink enough water either. But I was told there's some sort of ingredient that's bad for your health that GNC puts in there. I've heard it from a few different bodybuilders in my gym and from a guy who works at Vitamin Shoppe who used to work at GNC strongly advised me against it and said the same thing about it not being good for you.

KarbisSVT

Established Member
Check out Mannatech - Live for Real

They have multivitamins, fish oil, and more. Amazing products for your immune system to stay strong.

Ive been signed with them for about 3 years. Me and my family and i can see a difference in my mom and grandma. They feel way better and have much more energy and everything.

Users who are viewing this thread