Looking for Heavy Duty Mechanical Pencils

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Do any of you guys use "nice" pens and/or mechanical pencils?

I don't use the run of the mill plastic mechanical pencils for a few reasons, mainly I never hold the pencil to the paper hard enough so the writing is very faint and can actually fade away completely over time.

I was gifted a nice Pierre Cardin pen and pencil set in 2006 and I carried the pencil with me everyday. Now I've broken it and am in need of a replacement. I loved it because it was big, metal, heavy, thick lead, and it wrote perfectly for me.

Only an insane person would do the math I'm going to be doing this semester in pen so I'm looking for suggestions for what to get and where to get it.
20180826_205436.jpeg

...and Maximus said to Commodus, "the time for honoring yourself will soon come to an end."

Sirhc7897

Established Member
I get mine at the local art store down from my office. Nothing super fancy but they are 0.9. So much less break prone.

Highly recommend the 0.9. I’m a lefty though so I stress the lead differently than a righty which I’m sure contributes (more angle and pushing it across the paper vs pulling).
IMG_9761.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

BRNG ITT

Established Member
If you want to try a pencil that won’t break the bank, might I suggest the Zebra F-701 .7mm mechanical pencil.

I’m partial to the F-701 pens and pencils. They feel great in my hand and compliment my writing and drawing styles, which as you know can vary from person to person.

Have a dedicated eraser on standby though.

532E3B59-547C-4F27-977E-84EA1005844B.jpeg

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
If you want to try a pencil that won’t break the bank, might I suggest the Zebra F-701 .7mm mechanical pencil.

I’m partial to the F-701 pens and pencils. They feel great in my hand and compliment my writing and drawing styles, which as you know can vary from person to person.

View attachment 1511557

And Zebra Pens are my go to for reliability!

Staedtler has great items also!
Mechanical Pencils | STAEDTLER

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CV355

_
Established Member
I was given a set of Cross pens and mechanical pencils as a gift 13/14 years ago. They last forever, and honestly don't cost that much in the long run.

Coiled03

Established Member
I get mine at the local art store down from my office. Nothing super fancy but they are 0.9. So much less break prone.

Highly recommend the 0.9. I’m a lefty though so I stress the lead differently than a righty which I’m sure contributes (more angle and pushing it across the paper vs pulling). View attachment 1511552

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

That's the kind I used to use during my engineering school days.

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member

View attachment 1511557

Another vote for these. On the rare occasion I let someone use my pen to sign something, they are always surprised at the weight and how well it is made.

Users who are viewing this thread