Looking for advice on larger than ID1000 injectors

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
The billet atomizers are known to be extreme high quality. The problem is they don't have the injector data we need to make them work easily with the SCT software like ID provides. If I had a standalone system, those injectors would be #1 on the list to buy.

ctgreddy

Established Member
For what it's worth we've got a cobra at my work right now we're about ready to tune, it has ID1700's. All we've done so far is start up and a touch of idle tuning and it seems to be fine, and this is on race gas. If it can handle idle on race gas e85 should be no problem. But I can chime in once we do more on driveability.

I have Deatschwerks 1000's in my car and they did have all the fuel data I needed. However when I looked on their website they didn't have anything for the 1500's. They only have the ford data listed for the 1200's and smaller.

When you tune it are you dialing the fuel in using the maf table? I've heard that if you dont dial in the maf table and try to correct afr by using the base fuel table or something else it can max out injectors prematurely.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
For what it's worth we've got a cobra at my work right now we're about ready to tune, it has ID1700's. All we've done so far is start up and a touch of idle tuning and it seems to be fine, and this is on race gas. If it can handle idle on race gas e85 should be no problem. But I can chime in once we do more on driveability.

I have Deatschwerks 1000's in my car and they did have all the fuel data I needed. However when I looked on their website they didn't have anything for the 1500's. They only have the ford data listed for the 1200's and smaller.

When you tune it are you dialing the fuel in using the maf table? I've heard that if you dont dial in the maf table and try to correct afr by using the base fuel table or something else it can max out injectors prematurely.

Thanks for that feedback and do keep us updated on how the 1700s work out. I'm sure there are all kinds of screwy ways of dialing in fuel, have seen quite a few on the forums over the years. As you mentioned the MAF curve needs to be dialed in first then you adjust base fuel.

Users who are viewing this thread