Looking for a straight up trade for an IRS(01-GT-SRA)

saleen2002

Established Member
I am lookin for a straight up trade for an irs set up with exhaust. I have a sra, bassani ss catback, i am lookin for a fairly low mile irs. my sra has less then 10k on it since doing gears and carbon disc install. i am in the sf bayarea, pm me if interested. thanks. mods if this isnt in the right spot please move

SlowSVT

Established Member
Not to worry, some 20's something bloke who just bought a Terminator dreaming of swapping his IRS for a stick axle with thoughts of 60' times can't be far behind.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
By built diff, does that mean 31 spline diff and aftermarket axles??

Or just fresh clutches and different ring and pinion. I would move some of that sig info into the body of the post--> edit button. IE 3.55s etc.

More information is always better than less.
Spring and shock information will also help because that usually goes with the swap.

You are wondering why no hits.
Include the info otherwise people just are not going to waste their time.

Also that thread title is useless, it does don't convey the thread content. I will fix that for you.
I will leave it here for now, lets see how you do with the changes, make sure you add the needed info.

Last edited:

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
Not to worry, some 20's something bloke who just bought a Terminator dreaming of swapping his IRS for a stick axle with thoughts of 60' times can't be far behind.

as much sarcasm as you have in EVERY irs/sra thread ... you still make me laugh everytime i read your posts .. why dont you admit you think us sra fans are stupid .. come on just get it out

you think i am stupid dont you? well none the less ... i love my car much more now with the sra :)

OP ... why dont you post this in the market section and youd get more hits than in here

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
as much sarcasm as you have in EVERY irs/sra thread ... you still make me laugh everytime i read your posts .. why dont you admit you think us sra fans are stupid .. come on just get it out

you think i am stupid dont you? well none the less ... i love my car much more now with the sra :)

OP ... why dont you post this in the market section and youd get more hits than in here

When he adds the info I'll move it for him.

Right now the spline count and axles is still up the air. A "built rear diff" could be anything.

Last edited:

foxman92

Its slow
Established Member

LOL, i have to be honest the only thing i miss from my IRS is the look of the exhaust!! that's it.. i love my solid axle, no wheel hop ever!, plus im running full MM rear suspension.. road race lowers, coil overs, mm sway bar kit, panhard bar.. so when it comes to taking corners, i can still take them as fast as i was with my IRS. but the best part is, i wont break anything at the track..lol

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Maybe another lack of responses is due to the fact that a complete IRS should be worth more than SRA which are dime a dozen really. My shop told me if I ever swapped, I should come out a head a bit and never settle for anything else.

SlowSVT

Established Member

OK but remember your asking me the question and I am responding at your behest

No, I don't think you are stupid, .............. a little "naive" perhaps. Once you get a bit older and wiser chances are you would not have done this.

Looking at your mod list something tells me your car spends 99.9% of it's life on the street. Why did you do this swap? Anyone who makes a statement "i love my car much more now with the sra :)" should have their head examined. How on Earth would swapping from an IRS to a solid make you "love you car so much better"? :dw: It appears the OP Saleen owner knows something you don't. You just downgraded the rear suspension as no one in their right mind who is into performance cars would do this swap unless your only interested is in drag racing and launching hard . Imagine a Z06 owner bragging to his buddies he swapped out for a 9" rear axle? :smmon: :bash::??::shrug::lol1::xpl:

Digital

Established Member

No, I don't think you are stupid, .............. a little "naive" perhaps. Once you get a bit older and wiser chances are you would not have done this.

Looking at your mod list something tells me your car spends 99.9% of it's life on the street. Why did you do this swap? Anyone who makes a statement "i love my car much more now with the sra :)" should have their head examined. How on Earth would swapping from an IRS to a solid make you "love you car so much better"? :dw: It appears the OP Saleen owner knows something you don't. You just downgraded the rear suspension as no one in their right mind who is into performance cars would do this swap unless your only interested is in drag racing and launching hard . Imagine a Z06 owner bragging to his buddies he swapped out for a 9" rear axle? :smmon: :bash::??::shrug::lol1::xpl:
The zo6 was designed with irs in mind. The mustang was never in its wildest dreams designed with it in mind. It mine as well have been a cheap after thought thrown in the way it was delivered. We can go back and fourth about how it can be "made better" but the fact is the way it was delivered was barely acceptable at the stock power levels the car came with. Soon as you ramp it up it becomes a serious issue.

SlowSVT

Established Member
The zo6 was designed with irs in mind. The mustang was never in its wildest dreams designed with it in mind. It mine as well have been a cheap after thought thrown in the way it was delivered. We can go back and fourth about how it can be "made better" but the fact is the way it was delivered was barely acceptable at the stock power levels the car came with. Soon as you ramp it up it becomes a serious issue.

Tell that to a Cobra R guy :dw:

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member

a z06 irs is lighter and does not CLUNK .. this is the major reason why i swapped .. bc i grew tired of passengers asking wtf was wrong underneath my car

and for my age? i didnt know a nearly 27 year old was a "child who will make a stupid decision for better 60' times" decision ... i know one thing... take EVERY sra cobra(an owner who put it in) and tell me the % of who likes it more and who regret it ... i bet my paycheck that a larger % will say they love their sra

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
i am well aware my car has been "downgraded" as far as handling .. but only slightly ... my car rides just as smooth as it did .. takes bumps just the same ... DOES NOT CLUNK ... is lighter .. and is stronger

i loveee my sra :banana:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
i am well aware my car has been "downgraded" as far as handling .. but only slightly ... my car rides just as smooth as it did .. takes bumps just the same ... DOES NOT CLUNK ... is lighter .. and is stronger

i loveee my sra :banana:

Let me rephrase that for you:

i am well aware my car has been "downgraded" as far as handling .. but who cares? ... I think my car rides just as smooth as it did .. and I think it takes bumps just the same ... I NEVER FUXED THE CLUNK ... is even more poorly balaced now than the 57/43 it was delivered from the factory .. and I read on the internet it is stronger But I will fully admit I've never driven the car pulling 1g in a turn at full throttle.

i still loveee my sra :banana:

;-):poke::p

saleen2002

Established Member
jimmysidecar, at the time i was working on a tight budget so gears were done, ford racing carbon disc pak was installed, eibach sportline springs, bassani exhaust. sorry if i posted the wrong thing. any questions ill be happy to answer. thanks everyone

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
opinions vary my fellow cobra owner

but putting words into my own typing ... tsk tsk

this should get you a :kaboom:

Last edited:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
jimmysidecar, at the time i was working on a tight budget so gears were done, ford racing carbon disc pak was installed, eibach sportline springs, bassani exhaust. sorry if i posted the wrong thing. any questions ill be happy to answer. thanks everyone

OK go back to your original post, and fix it up with all of the relevant info in the body of the post.

Use the edit button.

Then PM me when it is done and I will clean out all these IRS vs SRA posts and move it into the correct market forum.

Unless you don't want that. Let me know please.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread