Looking for a dyno tuner in CA

mystic cobra 04

Established Member
intercooler coolant plumbing
A0148A82-orig.jpg

mystic cobra 04

Established Member
again just saying off of this car i would not use them its my opinion. others have had good luck and thats great just like any buisness you win some and lose some..

ProchargedSN-95

Sideways at any speed
Established Member
We have Bob kurgan coming out nov 8-9, he is the best and he stands behind his work. Besides getting really good power he also gives you great drivability(as in like driving like a stock mustang) and reliability. Hes also always responding to his emails as well and is very easy to reach and discuss builds, tuning, issues etc. The guy is ridiculously knowledgable with pushrod mustangs to modular mustangs, blowers and nitrous as well. There is a reason he is sponsored by such vendors such as Vortech and he dominates his class in NMRA etc. Wouldnt let anybody else touch my car. Our nov 8-9 days are full but he does remote tune with us and gets the same great results. Go tune with Kurgan or go breaking your shit. Anybody interested in a real tune, call up GTR High Performance in Rancho Cucamonga CA 909-987-4386 and we'll set you up with a Kurgan tune. If you dont believe me look him up for yourself, his name speaks for itself.

vrt03cobra

Drive it Like U STOLE IT
Established Member
REALLY WOULD NOT GO TO RET!!! BAD WORK he doesnt even tune his own cars lol

You seriously don't know what you're talking about lol

would not go to ret either..have a customers car that was bought from ca that ret did the tuning and intallation on and all i can say it wow. i have seen some butcherd cars before but for a shop install horrible. not to mention tuning a cobra with the intercooler pump relay out, and 2 vaccum leaks.

Ok like i stated and you failed to read in the video of them dynoing the car the intercooler pump relay was out. If the relays out unless its jumpered it will not run.99% of the intercooler coolant plumbing had no hose clamps. They used zip ties for hose clamps. The bottom of the intake tube after the mass air for meter was cracked in several spots all the way thru. Which is a vaccum leak. The intercooler coolant lines had rtv smeared on them to seal them. Also the tubes that go thru to the intercooler that have o rings on them they put rtv on the o rings so when i got the intercooling pump and hoses fixed and working the rtv on the orings or the intercooler was leaking and started filling the lower intake withre coolant. So all that had to come apart. This was also a gt/cobra swap the car has scotch locks which may be the alarm but who knows. The powersteering resevor bolts are stripped out and so on. Just saying based off the car thats in my garage that they suposeably built i would not go there. Dont matter how far away i am

intake tube
B8999A37-orig.jpg

intercooler coolant plumbing
A0148A82-orig.jpg

hose clamps??????
7DED8777-orig.jpg

filled a hole on each side with rtv
A50E9B35-orig.jpg

rtv smeared on orings and corrosion
726DE75D-orig.jpg

return hose that was kinked almost shut
357AA2E5-orig.jpg

again just saying off of this car i would not use them its my opinion. others have had good luck and thats great just like any buisness you win some and lose some..

I've known Greg for years and I will be the first to tell you that's not his work. He pays a lot of attention to detail and that garbage work would have not flown at his shop.

O.P go to RET check out the shop, my Vert is currently there getting finished up on a Turbo kit built by RET. Go check out the quality of work on my car and the others there, that's the only true way of seeing for yourself.... :beer:

silverpoison

MAD TORQUE Inc.
Established Member
hose clamps??????
7DED8777-orig.jpg

That is Juanis car correct? RET has never worked on that car mechanically, but has done the tuning on that car for years. Juani and his brother did all of the mechanical work. That car was put together in someone's garage, not a shop. So before you go bashing a shop get your facts straight!

For the clown that said Greg doesn't tune his car your a idiot. Go to his shop and say that 8107 Phlox St Downey Ca 90241 open 8-5.

Anyone that knows RET will tell you their work is beyond clean. For facts and not rumors feel free to look here http://www.facebook.com/pages/Racers-Edge-Tuning/159236927442624

Last edited:

vladSVT

KB FTW
Established Member
That is Juanis car correct? RET has never worked on that car mechanically, but has done the tuning on that car for years. Juani and his brother did all of the mechanical work. That car was put together in someone's garage, not a shop. So before you go bashing a shop get your facts straight!

For the clown that said Greg doesn't tune his car your a idiot. Go to his shop and say that 8107 Phlox St Downey Ca 90241 open 8-5.

Anyone that knows RET will tell you their work is beyond clean. For facts and not rumors feel free to look here Racers Edge Tuning - Downey, CA - Automotive | Facebook

Apologize for the misunderstanding... Its hard to get facts straight when buying a car out of state. Was my mistake. Anyway, the owner (Juan Castaneda) told me (the owner of this white mustang) that RET did ALL the work, from installing the blower to swapping the motors, true or not I didn't know since I am not local or do I know any of the guys in the shop. Thought Juan was a stand up guy from reading his previous feedback and seeing the car run on youtube, was a mistake by trusting him, when the car got here, had tons of issues.

I guess its time to call Greg and talk to him about this car (tuning wise), because when I received it it ran like piss (still does trying to figure out small issues), I don't know how Greg will react since Juan and him are tight and he's been tuning his car for months. Juan lied about the car. I am going to post a different thread on him and his feedback. Only thing he did to help me out was "bought a used intercooler". Anyway, it was my own damn fault for trusting someone out of state, not to clutter up this thread.

EDIT: mystic cobra 04 is my mechanic that worked on my White Cobra

Last edited:

silverpoison

MAD TORQUE Inc.
Established Member
No problem and that is stand up of you to apologize. :beer: I am at my other job right now and was sitting here reading this thinking it made no sense.

Trust me there are a few things I have told the previous owner to clean up myself. That kinked intercooler hose has been the butt of many jokes. We just would shake our heads and tune it. You can lead a horse to a trough, but cant make it drink ;-) Just to get a idea here is a shot of my engine bay, RET did everything including making the turbo kit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zp1kJYsjNRk

Last edited:

silverpoison

MAD TORQUE Inc.
Established Member

Brutal Metal

Established Member
^^^ Glad this was cleared up! I knew Greg wouldn't let that shit job with plastic zip ties, cracking etc.. leave his shop. SO Mystic Cobra04 you seemed to get the FACTS wrong bud!

bizzmeister

Captain America
Established Member
Greg and all the guys at R.E.T are stand up guys that dont half-ass anything. No way that is Greg's work. They do all the work on my car and I wouldn't take it to anyone. People, dont go posting BS on the internet without knowing 100% what happened. It's not right.

This is how their work actually looks, my engine bay:

867C147F-FE4C-4995-8512-BA0AC4537AC8-5215-000004D6EFDABD04.jpg

-Arbi

eddyroxx

Established Member
People, dont go posting BS on the internet without knowing 100% what happened. It's not right.
it was just a misunderstanding no BS posting. juani told him all work was done at RET, pretty ****ed up to represent Greg's work like that.
i'm glad everything got figured out, especially since RET is local to me and that's one of the two shops i'm going to eventually go to.

kaane

Established Member
I had my LS3 swapped M3 tuned by Greg and it made great power and runs like a champ.

Just ordered a Paxton Kit for my 2013 GT and I will be going there to have it tuned as soon as it arrives.

His shop is clean and they good nice work!

Users who are viewing this thread