Looking for a dyno tuner in CA

Venom_GT

Established Member
I'm looking for a dyno tuner in Los Angeles or Orange County that can do a Paxton kit 2013 GT.

Ray Lucca

Established Member
Greg at RET in Downey or Steve at Powertrain in Huntington Beach. 2 very good choices.... Greg does full service and instalation, Steve is Tuning only...

04cobra408

NorCal SVTOA
Established Member
AED or RET and f the rest ! lol I personally only let shaun touch my car, and i have two buddies who went with ret and love that place. both are great clean shops that pay attention to detail and do great work and have matching , great customer service. your in so cal so go RET and dont look back!
but fyi shaun@AED is doing some of the best tunin on the 5.0's right now(imo) so id really look into his mail tunes. they are on the money and he always will datalog and correct anything that arises and to make sure your a happy customer. , he has great helpfull customer service. see his many threads here and on many other sites.

Last edited:

iggster

Established Member
really please share your experience with us.... Iam hoping for ret to tune my car on e85.....

He should share, really stupid making a post like that without posting any story to it.

Every shop has a bad story, its how they handle it that makes me decide if I come back to them.

I have dealt with power train and RET and both are great guys. Greg is more to himself and doesn't really explain what he is doing, steve can talk for hours.

Bad thing with steve if something goes wrong he doesnt work on cars greg does, Steve does small things but nothing big last time I went to him.

IMO visit both guys talk to both and see which one you like more before you spend any money.

I would recommend myself for tuning it but I have no experience on the 2011+ cars besides my truck, Until I hit up a new class I wont be tuning any customers coyotes, I just have experience/training on the 96-2010 stuff.

USACHMP

Established Member
Hands down greg and ret. been going there for years and I wouldn't go anywhere else. He tuned my street 2v to over 700 wheel and it has withstood thousands of abused miles

mystic cobra 04

Established Member
would not go to ret either..have a customers car that was bought from ca that ret did the tuning and intallation on and all i can say it wow. i have seen some butcherd cars before but for a shop install horrible. not to mention tuning a cobra with the intercooler pump relay out, and 2 vaccum leaks.

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
I have had 3 exsperiances with RET all were very good. Not sure where the negative post are coming from maybe ther just having a bad day. Let me know how the Paxton install goes. Im looking to do a Paxton install on my GF's 13 CS/GT vert and RET was my first choice.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
would not go to ret either..have a customers car that was bought from ca that ret did the tuning and intallation on and all i can say it wow. i have seen some butcherd cars before but for a shop install horrible. not to mention tuning a cobra with the intercooler pump relay out, and 2 vaccum leaks.
explain further what was installed then butchered? How do you know the intercooler pump wasn't working during the tune? It shows up at your shop in St. Louis 1000's of miles away with this issue and 2 vaccuum leaks and SO this shop sucks now?
Don't know that many tuners that can squeeze 700 out of a 2.3 Whipple like Greg did YEARS ago..

mystic cobra 04

Established Member
Ok like i stated and you failed to read in the video of them dynoing the car the intercooler pump relay was out. If the relays out unless its jumpered it will not run.99% of the intercooler coolant plumbing had no hose clamps. They used zip ties for hose clamps. The bottom of the intake tube after the mass air for meter was cracked in several spots all the way thru. Which is a vaccum leak. The intercooler coolant lines had rtv smeared on them to seal them. Also the tubes that go thru to the intercooler that have o rings on them they put rtv on the o rings so when i got the intercooling pump and hoses fixed and working the rtv on the orings or the intercooler was leaking and started filling the lower intake withre coolant. So all that had to come apart. This was also a gt/cobra swap the car has scotch locks which may be the alarm but who knows. The powersteering resevor bolts are stripped out and so on. Just saying based off the car thats in my garage that they suposeably built i would not go there. Dont matter how far away i am

Last edited:

mystic cobra 04

Established Member
intake tube
B8999A37-orig.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread