Look what my Canton did on a 100 degree day

chopps

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Established Member

Thats a good way to describe it :)
Plus I am over it and will just use the stocker and keep the cracked canton to remind me.

Probably will include it in my sig here :)

PS
here is cantons unique and caring response to me,

Thank you for having this issue brought to my attention. Your
concerns make it clear that more attention has to be given to the
scheduling of warranty repairs in our shop. Although the process of
receiving, examining, repairing, and re-checking parts makes it
difficult to have a next day or 2 day turn around, I do believe most
repairs should be done in a maximum of 3-5 days. I will be working
with our warranty dept and shop to better schedule warranty work and
be sure it is prioritized above other work.

I apologize for the frustration that you have experienced and thank
you for your feedback.

Mike Zeranski Jr
General Manager
Canton Racing Products

Everything but were sending you a new one because the 1st you purchased was defective.

Now thats a true "WOW".

Mularky & Hogwash !!

Last edited:
Thats a good way to describe it :)
Plus I am over it and will just use the stocker and keep the cracked canton to remind me.

Probably will include it in my sig here :)

PS
here is cantons unique and caring response to me,

Thank you for having this issue brought to my attention. Your
concerns make it clear that more attention has to be given to the
scheduling of warranty repairs in our shop. Although the process of
receiving, examining, repairing, and re-checking parts makes it
difficult to have a next day or 2 day turn around, I do believe most
repairs should be done in a maximum of 3-5 days. I will be working
with our warranty dept and shop to better schedule warranty work and
be sure it is prioritized above other work.

I apologize for the frustration that you have experienced and thank
you for your feedback.

Mike Zeranski Jr
General Manager
Canton Racing Products

Everything but were sending you a new one because the 1st you purchased was defective.

Now thats a true "WOW".

Mularky & Hogwash !!

It doesn't sound like they ruled out sending you a new one. It took about 2 weeks for me to receive my new replacement from them. Bought it from RPM Outlet in '06 and Canton didn't hassle me about producing a receipt. I think you should be patient because I would be very surprised if they didn't provide you a new replacement in due time. Not many vendors are willing to do that these days. You should see the crap that Meziere and Ford Racing pull all the time claiming they can't warranty a defective part.

Last edited:

chopps

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Established Member
It doesn't sound like they ruled out sending you a new one. It took about 2 weeks for me to receive my new replacement from them. Bought it from RPM Outlet in '06 and Canton didn't hassle me about producing a receipt. I think you should be patient because I would very surprised if they didn't provide you a new replacement in due time. Not many vendors are willing to do that these days. You should see the crap that Meziere and Ford Racing pull all the time claiming they can't warranty a defective part.

Time will tell but,
I am doubtfull.

If they replace it I would sell it before trusting there product on my cooling system especially if that happened on hwy.

Time will tell but,
I am doubtfull.

If they replace it I would sell it before trusting there product on my cooling system especially if that happened on hwy.

That's what I did. Replaced mine with a Moroso tank that uses the factory cap. After selling the Canton replacement it was a virtual wash in terms of $.

ponyboy03

Established Member
Mine broke in the exact same spot, they took it and welded a L shaped piece around that corner the length of the tank. It's pretty heavy duty now. I've been using it for about a year and it's been OK. Didn't cost anything.

chopps

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Established Member
That's what I did. Replaced mine with a Moroso tank that uses the factory cap. After selling the Canton replacement it was a virtual wash in terms of $.

Agreed 100% that was my plan to.

Only thing is not sure what there sending me back my old cracked one or a new one so either way moroso for me.

Last edited:

chopps

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Established Member
Well got my old back expansion tank back and Canton refused to fix it as they said its was not there fault.
You would have to be a fool now to buy any products from canton as there warranty is not worth the paper it is written on and this proves it.
Like they told me on the phone
"there shop is to busy to fool with products they have already sold"
Man they suck and so dies there product and warranty.
The pic below is what Canton sent me back.

DSC_2884.gif

DSC_2885.gif

Next thing you know they will be logging on here to try and defend there no warranty on this defective product LOL

Man there warranty dept is horrible like there products !!

Last edited:

FastEddie09

Established Member
I hope Canton see this..........

I was about to purchase one of these, NOT ANY MORE! DONT SCREW YOUR CUSTOMERS, WORD GETS OUT FAST.

GO MORROSO!!!!

TERMIN8TR

Established Member

I was about to purchase one of these, NOT ANY MORE! DONT SCREW YOUR CUSTOMERS, WORD GETS OUT FAST.

GO MORROSO!!!!

The link needs to be forwarded to them. At some level within their company I'm quite sure someone gives a shit.

Snake Plissken

Established Member
Another Canton victim here.....

I was on the highway when mine failed, 30 miles from home! (hello, triple A, I need a tow. having your lowered Cobra pulled-up a flat bed sucks!) Weld failed in the SAME SPOT. Got the same line of BS when I contacted them. Replaced with a P-fab tank, looks much stronger with the plate they use on the bottom. Overall it feels like thicker material. Installed back in late May, so far, so good. I understand that the stock plastic tank can warp from heat cycles.

chopps

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Established Member

I did forward it to mike Jr for what its worth

But they already seen it 1st hand to by the one I sent and then they sent it back still exploded/cracked :(

GO MORROSO!!!!

Agreed sir !!

The link needs to be forwarded to them. At some level within their company I'm quite sure someone gives a shit.

I Did but,
I got a feeling they don't cause its already $$ they have instead of the one to come. Plus they could care less by denying warranty and that tank has less than 10,000 miles on it considering I drive it like 2000 miles per year or close to.
Sunday driver I know :)

I was on the highway when mine failed, 30 miles from home! (hello, triple A, I need a tow. having your lowered Cobra pulled-up a flat bed sucks!) Weld failed in the SAME SPOT. Got the same line of BS when I contacted them. Replaced with a P-fab tank, looks much stronger with the plate they use on the bottom. Overall it feels like thicker material. Installed back in late May, so far, so good. I understand that the stock plastic tank can warp from heat cycles.

Yeah and the lady in tech tried to tell me it was the 03 cobra's that had a surge problem to LOL
And guess what there still handing out the same BS.
I will get a moroso or p-fab later.

Last edited:

utfan98

Lack of Restraint
Established Member
That is why I went with a Pfab. Knock on wood no problems yet, just a little lekaing around the cap which was fixed with thread tape.

chopps

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Established Member
Well I got another email from canton and they saw this thread and said that if I had not posted this they might have replaced my tank.

To tell you the truth of how I felt even if they had replaced it , I would have sold it.

Basically they were saying if I did not post this that maybe they would have replaced it and that is total bull$hit in my opinion and I will never use anything from them because they don't stand behind there mistakes or bad products they sell after they have your $$.

Screw them and there defective products !!

Plus if they think they can hang a carrot in front of my face I would delete this and that is not going to happen.
I can do with out and hopefully alot of others will see this and think twice before buying there products.

Users who are viewing this thread