Look what my Canton did on a 100 degree day

chopps

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Established Member
Look what my Canton radiator expansion tank did, this Issue is resolved

DSC_2884.gif

DSC_2885.gif

I know its been discussed before and I will call them monday am but good thing it did it in the Garage :)
Man o Man would have been bad on expressway for sure !!

Last edited:

chopps

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Established Member
Holly shit!!!

No doubt going to call them Monday A/M and see what they will do.

Wow, is it common for this to happen?

Seen quite a few posts about this but not sure how common.
Best I can say is if it happens once, its too much!
Boy I got lucky when it happened for sure.
Plus still have the stock one :)

Last edited:

RKWFord

Established Member
Wow That sux. I hope it don't happen to mine... It made it throu all last summer in the Texas Heat, but u never know..

chopps

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Established Member
Another reason I'm not a big fan of aftermarket reservoirs.

Well,
Canton had a few of these go bad in posts I have seen but for the most part I thinks its a great product and will put another on it as well if they warranty it.
If they don't warranty it , I will be surprised.
Plus will keep the stocker handy ;)
Even a stocker can crack.

20psirabbit

Established Member
i don't care what anyone says, there's no excuse for that. good thing it happened where it did for you OP, at least it wasn't worse.

95PGTTech

Established Member
i don't care what anyone says, there's no excuse for that. good thing it happened where it did for you OP, at least it wasn't worse.

+1 that is worksmanship error.
These are not UPR billet interior door handles, there is no excuse for even one thread online with a failure of your oil pan under any conditions, sitting in your garage or racing. You should not be in the buisness of selling oil pans if you even have one failure.

Everyone has their off days - you are not allowed to with this costly a part. If this was my company the welder and whoever was responsible for checking the parts before they go out would be fired on the spot, and I would take accountability by changing how my company goes about the welding process and inspecting before it goes out to the customer.

unacceptable.

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
+1 that is worksmanship error.
These are not UPR billet interior door handles, there is no excuse for even one thread online with a failure of your oil pan under any conditions, sitting in your garage or racing. You should not be in the buisness of selling oil pans if you even have one failure.

Everyone has their off days - you are not allowed to with this costly a part. If this was my company the welder and whoever was responsible for checking the parts before they go out would be fired on the spot, and I would take accountability by changing how my company goes about the welding process and inspecting before it goes out to the customer.

unacceptable.

You do realize that it is a coolant reservoir right? Not an oil pan...

There have been no Canton oil pan failures and there won't be, they aren't pressurized like the coolant reservoir and they're steel, not aluminum...

The Canton tank failure is expected from the ones before '06. I too have experienced a failure. To Canton's credit though they replaced mine with an upgraded version which I eventually sold. And that was nearly 2 years after the purchase and they certainly didn't give me any grief for not having a receipt. So that speaks volumes about why Canton will outlast many companies. That being said, I now run a Moroso tank which uses the stock cap and the welds are pretty damn beefy. 2 years and zero problems. The PFab tank sold through Lethal P looks amazing.

chopps

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Established Member
The Canton tank failure is expected from the ones before '06. I too have experienced a failure. To Canton's credit though they replaced mine with an upgraded version which I eventually sold. And that was nearly 2 years after the purchase and they certainly didn't give me any grief for not having a receipt. So that speaks volumes about why Canton will outlast many companies. That being said, I now run a Moroso tank which uses the stock cap and the welds are pretty damn beefy. 2 years and zero problems. The PFab tank sold through Lethal P looks amazing.

I don't think they will give me any grief either but we will see tomorrow.

chopps

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Established Member
Talked to canton racing this am,
they said pack,send,they will fix/repair or replace it asap and send back.

chopps

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Established Member
When did you get that tank?

Probably in 04 or early 05.
Talked to Tech this am and they said that the cobras have a surge problem but there were going to fix it for free or replace.
Only thing I really paid attention to was fix for free or replace.
Got the stocker in now so no pronlems with it for now.

Users who are viewing this thread