Longer reaching shifter?

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member

scottGT500

Established Member
Ok, I have a mgw orange. It appears that it can't be "modded" due to the actual design. Most of the modded shifters I see are pro 5.0 (which appears to not be available any more). A lot of the other modded shifters are stock assemblies with different handles which can be modded. What am I left to do...I don't mind spending the coin to get a better shifter position. So what kit do I need to get to "mod" it to the best position?

Thanks!!!

Scott

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Ok, I have a mgw orange. It appears that it can't be "modded" due to the actual design. Most of the modded shifters I see are pro 5.0 (which appears to not be available any more). A lot of the other modded shifters are stock assemblies with different handles which can be modded. What am I left to do...I don't mind spending the coin to get a better shifter position. So what kit do I need to get to "mod" it to the best position?

Thanks!!!

Scott

Read post #7...

Get rid of the MGW if you can't reach.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
I agree...I had a ripper on my '97 Cobra. That eBay listing has ended because they aren't available? Is there a 2nd choice that you recommend? Thx

They do come up on eBay occasionally, or you can check for completed auctions and then contact the sellers and see if they still have them.

On that note, I measured the throw on the Ripper and the MGW and they were identical (about 3" IIRC) and it's just a hair longer with my Hurst/OEM stick combo. Never understood all the hype over the MGW - the forward reach is ridiculous unless you are a short guy.

Users who are viewing this thread