Long time lurker

cobrachu

Hello everybody. I’ve been frequenting the site for probably 20 years and lately it’s been entertaining me while I work night shift. Thought maybe it was time to join and maybe show a few pics of my car. I may have created an account years ago but never posted anything.

98 Cobra, 1 of the 5 chrome yellows with cloth interior. Not that it’s anything special, just kind of rare for a 98. I drove it new off the lot in July of 98. ~50k for mileage on it now and just a few bolt ons. Added a pic of the old fox I traded for it. (I apologize for the cobra emblems). Wish I still had that one too. Thanks for all the entertainment, I love the NSFW thread, hours of entertainment there!
IMG_0857.jpeg
IMG_0184.jpeg
IMG_0668.jpeg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wow, it took you 20 years of lurking before joining. LOL. Seriously, welcome to SVTP as an official member. Your '98 Chrome Yellow Cobra looks awesome. And only 50K miles. That's stellar. (y)

cobrachu

Welcome to the show. Great looking car, mods?
The usual mods…Borla cat back, tri ax shifter, 3.73 gears, cold air intake AFE I think?, MM c/c plates, bilstein shocks/struts, Roush wheels. It’s got the sequential tails and I put a double din in the dash, Envoy fogs wired to be on whenever. I put leather from an ‘09 in front since I had a hole starting in the factory cloth. The motor really hasn’t been touched other than a cleaning or two of the lovely IMRCs.

cobrachu

Welcome to the shit show. Your Cobra is awesome but man it must’ve been hard letting go of that Fox.
Definitely. Had a bit of buyers remorse at first because the two are such different creatures-push rod vs mod motor. I’m always on the lookout for another foxbody but unless you’re willing to pay too much IMO it’s getting difficult to find nice ones. There was a competition stereo in that car that someone broke into and stole a week after I traded it in. They basically took a pry bar to the interior and ripped it out. Broke my heart to see it all torn up.

decipha

Established Member
Both gems are beauts. I was captivated by the canary yellow 99s back prior to y2k.

I too lurked a few years before joining myself. I was working the night shift too when I joined lol.

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
Definitely. Had a bit of buyers remorse at first because the two are such different creatures-push rod vs mod motor. I’m always on the lookout for another foxbody but unless you’re willing to pay too much IMO it’s getting difficult to find nice ones. There was a competition stereo in that car that someone broke into and stole a week after I traded it in. They basically took a pry bar to the interior and ripped it out. Broke my heart to see it all torn up.
Ouch. That sucks about the stereo even though you know longer owned.

Yeah man clean foxes are tough to find and $$$.

Your yellow Cobra is pretty damn nice.

Users who are viewing this thread