Long-range forecasts suggest 2024 hurricane season from hell

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
If you want something to blame this weird weather on it's the Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption.

It was massive and will disrupt our 'normal' weather patterns for a few more years.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I believe it. El Niño has made our winter in the Northeast almost nonexistent.

Same in MN, never used the blower on my tractor once. First time ever that happened. My brother played golf every month this winter in MN, first time ever.

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
Same in MN, never used the blower on my tractor once. First time ever that happened. My brother played golf every month this winter in MN, first time ever.
Same here. Golf courses opened yesterday as it was 60 degrees.

Had the plow on maybe 3 times and for 5” of snow at the most.

IA Shelby

Established Member
I can only imagine how bad property & casualty insurance will get as more insurers flee the region. This maybe the only thing that slows down the population growth in Florida.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
How much do you pay per value of home?
Depends on the age of the home, where it is located and the insurance company. A ton have pulled out of the state. My house was built in 91 to old codes, but has everything updated to current or higher standards including electric roll down shutters. I pay just a tick over $4K. It's 3500 SQ total with a pool and worth about $500K in today's world. My friend just built a new one that's worth 850K and he pays $2,700. I'm in a X zone which is non flood even though I live real close to the Peace River.

Users who are viewing this thread