Long Process: BBS RK's Redone to Original

CobraCarrera

Established Member
Well after a long time of searching and finally finding a set local of all places...my Cobra is finished for a little while anyway....

I just got the wheels back from being refinished "PVD Hyper Chrome" which is almost identical to the Plasma finish....

I wanted to get something as close as possible to the Plasma finish. After extensive research I found what I was looking for....

I did confirm with someone who went through this process as well as he had to get one of his Plasma RK's redone..

The Cobra got HR Sport springs with all stock ISO's in on top and bottom with M/M caster/camber plates and a nicely redone BBS wheel setup...

Well onto the pictures....

019_zps1d0fde14.jpg

020_zpsd53d7a25.jpg

021_zps609da27b.jpg

022_zps6e074a4a.jpg

The wheels and the car used to look like this.......

MACEXHAUST3INCHIRS001-1.jpg

BradN01

Yes, it's factory paint
Established Member
Those came out looking better than new. These are still one of my favorite wheels for New Edges.

quad

Established Member
Good improvement to your car! And your house is nice as well! It reminds me of some of the homes in my neighborhood.

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
not a big fan of chrome, BUT they look better now than they did before. I dont know if its the angle but the rear rims look tiny in that last pic

yellow98stang

Established Member
Awesome! Where did you end up having them done? My buddy is looking to have his done, and I'm looking for a place to refinish my wheels locally...

BLK_03

Established Member
Looks good. I need to refinish mine as well. What is the shop name and location that did them for you? Price?

CobraCarrera

Established Member
Where'd you get them refinished? Mine need some love too.

Wheel Collision in Bath, P.A. Took about 3 weeks including shipping time.

Looks good. Some darker tint and she'll be perfect.

Thanks...I want to redo the tint as well.. Its only 20%

looks perfect now

Thank You

Incredible!! Those would look perfect on my Cobra..... I need to find a set.

Thank You.... There are a few for sale in the forums.. Two to be exact.

Those came out looking better than new. These are still one of my favorite wheels for New Edges.

Thanks...My favorite as well.... I sunk a lot of money into these...

Much improved.

Thank You.

Looks great!

Thanks

Good improvement to your car! And your house is nice as well! It reminds me of some of the homes in my neighborhood.

Thanks....I wanted to get a nice home and finish that up before playing with toys again.

not a big fan of chrome, BUT they look better now than they did before. I dont know if its the angle but the rear rims look tiny in that last pic

Thanks... It was taken with a not so great camera...Your right they do look a little small, but they are 18 x10's in the rear for sure...

Awesome! Where did you end up having them done? My buddy is looking to have his done, and I'm looking for a place to refinish my wheels locally...

Thank You.... I had them done at Wheel Collision in Bath, P.A. Not much local...There are powder coaters close here in Georgia but none do the PVD process which these are...P.M me if you have any ? I did a lot of research....

i like em both ways

Thanks.....

Looks good. I need to refinish mine as well. What is the shop name and location that did them for you? Price?

Wheel Collision in Bath, P.A.. $250 a wheel and a bit more if the wheels need to be stripped. Plus shipping at $180+/- each way

They look excellent! Very nice looking car.

Thank You....

Det_riot

Established Member
Looks awesome man!!!! 3 weeks, super jealous of that nice time frame. Make sure you keep them super clean. Especially of brake fluid......don't ask me how I know......

CobraCarrera

Established Member
Looks awesome man!!!! 3 weeks, super jealous of that nice time frame. Make sure you keep them super clean. Especially of brake fluid......don't ask me how I know......

Will do....They told me only soap and water to clean them....I will be careful with these.... It was a nice transaction...They kept in touch with me the entire process.... I hope your wheels are OK.........

Looks great.

Thanks Sid....Appreciate it......:beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread