LOL.....ZL1 owners facing traction issues

86merc

Established Member
I would usually say that multiple people that keep posting well written proper rebuttals is repetitive... But on the topic of traction management I will hold my tounge because I am learning a great deal...

Please, carry on....

Wouldn't it make more sense to say it is repetitive to have multiple posts about a topic where the people share their unfounded opinions based on a lack of several things like personal experience, research, actual data or even general understanding of a system? lmao

I am all for discussions that lead to good information being shared. Who doesn't like to learn some thing helpful? :shrug: So carry on everyone. :thumbsup:

And a side note, I have the F1 wheels and tires off a GT500 on my 2011 GT and it is 40 degrees out this morning. With the Advance Trac on for the hell of it I floored the car 4th gear. Not surprising that even my under powered GT (compared to a GT500) had a traction issue. Just as the bulletin says could be a issue. So ya, cold pavement and tires are not a recipe for traction. But most of us knew that already. haha

Last edited:

jtfx6552

Established Member
uhh, the comments in the OP were from someone driving a ZL1 in 40 degree temperatures:poke: any car with a solid amount of power will have traction issues in those conditions, especially any car equipped with these tires...

GoodyearZL1tirebulletin.jpg

how about we wait until we see these cars run in realistic temperatures before we make any wide sweeping proclamations.
i think GMs marketing of the ZL1 has been a joke(namely pretty much every word that's came out of al O's mouth), i think GM probably has the worst QC of the big 3 right now, and i think GM were absolutely caught with their pants down with only a pretty good product vs the competition, but i also think that GM has built one hell of a car in every single way and has the know how to implement a quality traction control system. hell, they already laid most of the ground work years ago with the ZR1.

Ha, that is a riot! "Traction Control" is the greatest...

But it can't possibly be expected to work if it is less than 40 degrees...

IOMZL1

Established Member
Ha, that is a riot! "Traction Control" is the greatest...

But it can't possibly be expected to work if it is less than 40 degrees...

Try running on ice or a wet surface with the bowling shoes and you’ll fall. Not every time – you might just slip and catch yourself. But walk and you’ll be much more likely to keep your balance. Put on the right shoes and you’ll be even more stable.

Ford and GM could tune the tires / traction control to have great traction in the cold or snow but why would they? These things are optimized for the conditions they will be most utilized. If someone floors it in the cold or wet with 500+ HP, the result shouldn’t come as a surprise.

Users who are viewing this thread