LOL! Facebook sheds $120 BILLION of value in a single day

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Its truly disgusting what Google has become. 14 years ago, they were the darling of the industry and one of the best search engines. Literally blew away anything AOL, Yahoo, AJ, Netscape or Alta Vista had at the time.

Its literally everywhere now and beyond invasive. They have been my primary email provider for 14 years... not that easy to switch, at least from what Ive seen.
That is true, but making a switch can be done. Imagine if you were forced to do it. You would make the best of it and after time passes you'd look back and be thankful. I have a COX email address and the amount of spam that I get each day has gotten out of control. Too many spammers have my email address. Cox's spam filters don't do that great a job even though I daily move email on their server to my spam folder. It would be a bear to make a switch to a new email provider, but I'm considering it.

scott_0

Established Member
I was late to the game with making a fb account, just signed up last spring, got tired of all the political bullshit seeing people’s drama, and wasting my time on it, decided I was done with it, I keep it active for selling parts and that’s it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
I was on back when you had to have a college email address to have an account. Once they opened it up to everyone I saw what the end goal was for them. Stuck around a little bit longer and got rid of it maybe 8years ago. Best decision I ever made, so much time wasted.

Twitter took a huge cut too, Jack and Zuckerberg are in hot water with a lot of people. Things might get worse for the both of them.

Cutting the cord to google would be hard considering the devices I use. I no longer use chrome or the google search engine on anything though. Most of my throwaway emails are gmail, my main one is school, but there are things that will always be connected to google one way or another.

Sent from my SM-G930T using the svtperformance.com mobile app

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Everyone with common sense at the beginning when Facebook went public asked! How can that value be accessed to that service! The corporation wasn't the true value, it was all the users info. I realized this from the start. Nothing is for free!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quad

Established Member
I don't really like Zuckerberg's personality but Facebook has allowed me to get in touch with people from many years ago. I am not that active on it at the moment though. Some people put everything on FB which is annoying. When we joined Facebook a few years ago my wife posted on my wall to go get some potatoes at the grocery store. All my buddies were laughing saying she is ordering me around on FB lol!

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Everyone with common sense at the beginning when Facebook went public asked! How can that value be accessed to that service! The corporation wasn't the true value, it was all the users info. I realized this from the start. Nothing is for free!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"If you're not being sold anything online, you are the product being sold."

...and Maximus said to Commodus, "the time for honoring yourself will soon come to an end."

Users who are viewing this thread