Live Strong

CobraCallie

Banned
I really don't know how to start this thread out. Basically all I want to do, is get the word out on this.

http://www.laf.org/

This is the Lance Armstrong Foundation. I really don't know if y'all know about this or not, but I atleast know in my area, it's not well known. Lance Armstrong has set up this foundation in order to raise money to find a cure or new treatment for cancer. To donate, you buy this bracelet, and with that money it all goes back to the research. I'm not trying to force this down anyone's throat at all.. I just think this is a wonderful cause.

I've bought a 10 pack, and all my friends and myself including wear one.

Cancer is getting to be a bigger problem every year. More and more people are being diagnosed, and there isn't a cure yet. :( Almost everyone knows someone who has cancer... and if you don't know anyone, then you know me.

http://www.livestrong.org/livestrong/portal/ep/home.do

*Sorry for the little speech*

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
Thanks for the links Callie, I will be getting a bracelet soon. I had read about you being diagnosed in another thread, how are things going with you?? I haven't heard an update at all.

CobraCallie

Banned
Here's the bracelet

yellow_band_b.gif

CobraCallie

Banned
Originally posted by 99cobrablack
Thanks for the links Callie, I will be getting a bracelet soon. I had read about you being diagnosed in another thread, how are things going with you?? I haven't heard an update at all.

Ummm... not so great... but things can always change :-D and tomorrow's another day..

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
Originally posted by CobraCallie
Ummm... not so great... but things can always change :-D and tomorrow's another day..
You are in my prayers Callie, I haven't talked with you that much on here, but I have seen you since the first day I was here and I wouldn't anybody to have something so horrible. Good Luck:)

Calypso Vert

Established Member
Been wearing mine for two weeks already! :rockon: From what I have heard, they have been selling out within hours of their arrival in stores around here. Like you said Callie, cancer is becoming a bigger problem each year. Hopefully there are more programs like this which will raise money for research and put an end to cancer. Good luck with everything Callie, my prayers are with you.

wannastang93

Canes Fan!!!!
Established Member
i've been wearing mine since it came out and my mother wear ones aswell...i wear it proud b/c my mother survived cancer

alex:beer:

CobraSusie

Team Shelby Great Lakes State Director (Indiana)
Established Member
My dad was dianosed with Cancer about 3 years ago,
however he does not have a success story,
as they were not able to get all of the cancer,
everytime he gets over tired or sick, I get scared :nonono:
as this you never really know :shrug:

Callie, I didn't know til resently, I know you hear this alot

But my prayers are also with you, you have much more to do
here :) and you seem to be quite the fighter anyway ;-)
I wish you the best of luck :beer:

Last edited:

CobraSusie

Team Shelby Great Lakes State Director (Indiana)
Established Member
Yes, I understand ;-)
But I will be putting in an order :beer:
Maybe even in my Chapters Name

CobraCallie

Banned
Originally posted by STAMPEDE3
10 pack coming my way.

That's great :rockon:

I think I'm gonna get a 100 pack and give them out at work. Alot of the people I work with have expressed interest in getting one. Plus working at Pfizer.. we should be up for this :D

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
Here's a lil motivational vid of Armstong...Have been a big fan of his for a long time as my family is also dealt with cancer for a long time.....Great thread Callie girl...

:beer:
linky... :beer:

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
It may help you to know that I'm helping with cancer research here at Marsall Callie. We're looking to fight cancer on the subatomic level.

Users who are viewing this thread