little drawing i did on the iPad Pro

bigdave03svt

Established Member
i got an iPad Pro on launch day for work and i must say its really an impressive tool for artists if you drop the $100 for the pencil too.

I drew this picture of my son in the Procreate App, freehanded! took about 10 hours total!

Thanks for looking

Untitled by D.C. 83, on Flickr

Last edited:

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Awesome! The eyes, in particular, you really gave them life.

SVT SNKE

Established Member
I thought that was a photo and kept scrolling down looking for the drawing.

Really nice work !

bigdave03svt

Established Member
Thanks guys! its not 100% yet! Its my first attempt at hyperrealistic art so I'm going to go over it with a fine tooth comb until its indistinguishable from the real thing. I'm just getting into digital art and i really like it. I'm used to only using graphite on paper!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Your artistic talent is BIG. You are truly talented. The realism is uncanny. Wow!

Question. Is it possible for an artist to transfer a photo (black and white I believe) to canvas? The reason I ask is that my daughter has this awesome photo of her and her husband. He sadly died in April from an incurable brain disease and she loves the photo. Her head is resting on his chest as he gazes at her. Anyway, I'd love to surprise her with a canvas transfer that she can hang on her wall, but have no idea if it's possible. It would have to be very detailed and look just like the photo. So if anyone might know the answer, I think you might.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I like how it's a picture of your son, and the app is called procreate.

That's absolutely amazing. I couldn't imagine being that talented.

nudarkshadowl

Established Member
Your artistic talent is BIG. You are truly talented. The realism is uncanny. Wow!

Question. Is it possible for an artist to transfer a photo (black and white I believe) to canvas? The reason I ask is that my daughter has this awesome photo of her and her husband. He sadly died in April from an incurable brain disease and she loves the photo. Her head is resting on his chest as he gazes at her. Anyway, I'd love to surprise her with a canvas transfer that she can hang on her wall, but have no idea if it's possible. It would have to be very detailed and look just like the photo. So if anyone might know the answer, I think you might.

I've used these guys before and they turned out perfect. Hopefully you have a digital version of her photo and it's high enough resolution.

Their site is pretty user friendly and you can customize things quite a bit as well.

Easycanvasprints.com

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread