List your state's dumbest new laws here.....

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
So drivers in the round about has always had the right of way until now. Now, in a split second one must size up the vehicle entering the roundabout to determine if one must yield to it. It is ****ing stupid and completely defeats the purpose of a roundabout, which is to keep traffic flowing. Not to mention that if you follow this law you are opening yourself up to getting rear ended. I don't obey this law and if a bus, truck, or RV hits me I will get an attorney and sue whoever came up with this dumb shit.

The act requires a driver to yield the right-of-way to a driver of a truck, bus, emergency vehicle, or recreational vehicle that generally has a total length of more than 35 feet or a total width of more than 10 feet (large vehicle) when entering, exiting, or driving in the circulatory lanes in a roundabout. The act also requires that when 2 drivers of large vehicles enter, exit, or drive in the circulatory lanes in a roundabout at the same time, the driver on the right must yield the right-of-way to the driver on the left.
That last sentence us exactly opposite of ship driving. Im way off the thread here, but at sea in a crossing situation, the ship on your starboard (right) side has the right of way.

Also, Never turn left to avoid a collision….

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
That last sentence us exactly opposite of ship driving. Im way off the thread here, but at sea in a crossing situation, the ship on your starboard (right) side has the right of way.

Also, Never turn left to avoid a collision….
Correct, because you see his red light.

red/green
port/starboard
left/right

If you know your left from your right you will always know those because one side has less letters than the other ...GI JOEEEE

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Under the new CT "Snowflake bill" AKA Accountability bill its now ILLEGAL to pursue a STOLEN car in CT! Yep.....

A car or truck in most peoples lives is the second most valuable thing one will ever own. House then car....

Now cops just wave at theives as they pass by them in stolen cars. For real! Cops dont even turn around and attempt to stop them cause if they take off and crash u risk being arrested and losing ur job!

STOLEN cars are used in over 90% of robberies, car jackings, burglaries, drive by's etc..... Liberal snowflakes in CT are disgusting!

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Correct, because you see his red light.

red/green
port/starboard
left/right

If you know your left from your right you will always know those because one side has less letters than the other ...GI JOEEEE
…and because I had it beaten into me as a Warrant qualifying Officer of the Deck.

blk02edge

Established Member
I'd sue the bank for selling a house they had no right to sell. Either they are wrong or the squatter is wrong. The law needs to figure this shit out once and for all.
meh, not the bank's problem. Buyer beware, seems so few do their due diligence. No way i'm buying a house that has a squatter.

MG0h3

Established Member
I'd sue the bank for selling a house they had no right to sell. Either they are wrong or the squatter is wrong. The law needs to figure this shit out once and for all.

I’m 99% sure they disclosed to the buyers that the house was occupied.

It is not the banks responsibility.

You see these disclaimers on foreclosures.

If the original buyer is still there, it’s on you to get them out. If they trash it on the way out, that’s your problem

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I’m 99% sure they disclosed to the buyers that the house was occupied.

It is not the banks responsibility.

You see these disclaimers on foreclosures.

If the original buyer is still there, it’s on you to get them out. If they trash it on the way out, that’s your problem

No way they disclosed that. Who would buy a house they had to deal with evicting people. The bank dealt with the actual law....who owned it...and legit documents. After that they don't care.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
meh, not the bank's problem. Buyer beware, seems so few do their due diligence. No way i'm buying a house that has a squatter.
If a bank is selling it, they should be liable for it being legal. If you have to deal with legal aspects of people being in it. Maybe the bank should have had that responsibility first. No paperwork owners signed stated it comes with people. ZERO.

MG0h3

Established Member
No way they disclosed that. Who would buy a house they had to deal with evicting people. The bank dealt with the actual law....who owned it...and legit documents. After that they don't care.

I don’t know why you think the bank wouldn’t disclose this? I don’t know if you’ve ever dealt with this sort of thing but there is no gain in the bank not disclosing this IF they owned it. What an easy lawsuit to win that would be. I don’t recall seeing in the article that they are suing the bank so it’s safe to say this isn’t the case. S

Regardless, unless the bank is the owner, they have zero responsibility in checking the condition of the home. Why would they?
In fact I don’t think I’ve ever seen a bank owned home not being listed “as is” with all sorts of disclaimers.

If the buyers bought this off the estate of the old guy that died and they didn’t disclose it, they can sue them.

I’d bet they were told that the house is occupied and just thought good natured people would leave. Oooops

And people buy houses that are occupied all the time. When the bank forecloses and takes ownership, they list it as an occupied foreclosure. It says in very obvious verbiage that the house is occupied and that it is the buyers responsibility to evict them.

MG0h3

Established Member
If a bank is selling it, they should be liable for it being legal. If you have to deal with legal aspects of people being in it. Maybe the bank should have had that responsibility first. No paperwork owners signed stated it comes with people. ZERO.

lol you have NO idea if there was a disclosure about the home being occupied.

The bank is not responsible for ensuring the condition of the home.

This is the responsibility of the seller and this is reported in the sellers disclosure forms.

You also get title insurance which is supposed to ensure that the title is clear, no liens, etc.

The bank has ZERO to do with any of that.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
lol you have NO idea if there was a disclosure about the home being occupied.

The bank is not responsible for ensuring the condition of the home.

This is the responsibility of the seller and this is reported in the sellers disclosure forms.

You also get title insurance which is supposed to ensure that the title is clear, no liens, etc.

The bank has ZERO to do with any of that.

I'm saying, if there is someone living there...the sellers nor the bank should be able to sell the house. If you have to legally get someone out then the house SHOULDN'T be for sale. I SERIOUSLY...doubt...they bought a house knowing they were going to have legal issues. Would you? I sure as hell wouldn't No one would. If that wasn't disclosed which I doubt it was it is crooked as shit.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
IDK about my state, but Americas dumbest law was the 19th amendment. We should have never let the women folk start voting… Now look at the mess we are in.

I've thought about this a few times and it really has screwed up everything. Not that I don't love women, but they are idiots. Even the smart ones. The way they process information and prioritize issues is what has helped direct us towards this catastrophe. Just as much blame falls on weak men as well but they're mostly the result of women as well.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I've thought about this a few times and it really has screwed up everything. Not that I don't love women, but they are idiots. Even the smart ones. The way they process information and prioritize issues is what has helped direct us towards this catastrophe. Just as much blame falls on weak men as well but they're mostly the result of women as well.
Well said my friend!

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
I don't know if it's the dumbest, but it's annoying... Liquor stores must be closed on Sunday, and beer and wine can only be purchased after 10am on Sunday (used to be noon but I think football changed that). You can still go to any bar though and get drunk on a Sunday.

Buy your booze on Saturday, or your beer after 10 am. Not a big deal at all. This law has been here forever, just plan better.

blk02edge

Established Member
I'm saying, if there is someone living there...the sellers nor the bank should be able to sell the house. If you have to legally get someone out then the house SHOULDN'T be for sale. I SERIOUSLY...doubt...they bought a house knowing they were going to have legal issues. Would you? I sure as hell wouldn't No one would. If that wasn't disclosed which I doubt it was it is crooked as shit.
Ignorant people buy houses with all sorts of issues all the time. This is nothing new at all...

Should a squatter be able to stay in the house? No, that really is a dumb law but at the end of the day if you're spending that kind of money it's entirely up to you to have home inspections and aquire all the legal documentation.

I'd bet my ass these buyers knew the house was occupied. If they just bought a house completely sight unseen and did zero homework then they are totally retarded

Users who are viewing this thread