List of Plans for the Snake

ISUPonyBoy

Mr. Bright Side
Established Member
Just the basics I am planning on for the snake. Comments, suggestions, what to look for, what not to do, what to change, etc. What might I expect to make with a safe DD drivable tune...

-BilletFlow 2.93" pulley w/ 4-piece idler set
-LFP Extreme Performance Heat Exchanger
-Spec Stage 2 clutch
-Steeda Tri-Ax
-weld-in Subframe Connectors
-Port the blower
-Snow Boost Cooler
-Accufab 1700CFM TB
-C&L 95mm MAFS and Pipe
-O/R X-pipe
-up in the air about the mufflers yet
-A-pillar guage for boost and batt (more for me so I have more accurate reading on what boost I pull)
-Tune by Anderson MotorSports

Also what -springs and -size gears would y'all suggest? I need to keep her streetable. And since I am upping the power, would driveline upgrades are a must? I don't want to blow up my IRS set up the first run. :burnout:

Thanks,
John

Last edited:

WIECH

Established Member
if your going to port the blower i suggest Kenne bell BAP, 60lb injecters or focus pumps, and colder plugs and if your up to it add a lower pulley 2 or 4lb just my .02
Springs h&r or Eibach
Derek

Last edited:

GotGrunt

Established Member
Don't do gears... Costly to swap the gears in the IRS and you will have a terrible traction problem (what Terminator doesn't already) lol. 3.55's are fine for street duty. If you must do gears, I would go 3.73's. I highly suggest the Billetflow IRS brace to keep your cover from shattering. My car with welded on SFC's, Steeda sport springs & Nitto DR's launches like a mofo w/ no HOP... It used to hop like mad when it was stock...

Oh, and the BF pullies are so nice :bowdown: You will not regret it...

My numbers are in my sig... In a nutshell, I have a BF 2.93 w/ idlers, K&N FIPK, Magnaflow catted-x & catback and a very safe dyno tune... Numbers were from a heatsoaked 5th pull after the tuning was complete... The pulley was the best mod ever, just be sure you get a GOOD tune. Be prepared to start modding and never stop with this car, and I'm dead serious :-D

Last edited:

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
ISUPonyBoy said:
Just the basics I am planning on for the snake. Comments, suggestions, what to look for, what not to do, what to change, etc. What might I expect to make with a safe DD drivable tune...

-BilletFlow 2.93" pulley w/ 4-piece idler set wise choice
-LFP Extreme Performance Heat Exchanger gords is my choice
-Spec Stage 2 clutch garbage, CFDF minimum
-Steeda Tri-Ax garbage, MGW is the only shifter
-weld-in Subframe Connectors MMFLSFC and no other
-Port the blower Steigemeier is outstanding
-Snow Boost Cooler not needed unless you plan to run tons of timing
-Accufab 1700CFM TB find a used Billetflow TB
-C&L 95mm MAFS and Pipe junk, get an SCT 2400
-O/R X-pipe hope you like rattle
-up in the air about the mufflers yet Magnaflow catback is perfect and cheap
-A-pillar guage for boost and batt (more for me so I have more accurate reading on what boost I pull) not essential
-Tune by Anderson MotorSports who dat?

Also what -springs and -size gears would y'all suggest?H&R RACE I need to keep her streetable. And since I am upping the power, would driveline upgrades are a must?biletflow diff brace and IRS brackets I don't want to blow up my IRS set up the first run. :burnout:

Thanks,
John

Read the red pill link for driveline upgrades.

ISUPonyBoy

Mr. Bright Side
Established Member
I've had no rattle with my o/r x-pipes on my other Stangs in the past. Also like the sound.

Thanks.
John

ISUPonyBoy

Mr. Bright Side
Established Member
And this is my 6th Mustang, so I know how hard the mod bug bites. I've spent more money over the years on my Stangs then I want to count. lol

John

jeffsvt

Established Member
No rattle with my x-pipe either . Also good luck finding a used Billetflow TB ! If you do find one it is the wrong color or better yet has something engraved on it . Also with a 2.93 skip the BAP , injectors and Focus pumps no need for them . I think your mod list looks pretty good and you can't go wrong with all the stuff you listed !

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Everyone has their own opinions on what brand mods to pick. Here is what I had and I was very pleased.

Magnaflow catted X-pipe (although I'd now go for the MRT catted H-pipe)
Steeda catback
Ported blower
2.80" Reichard Racing UltraGrip pulley
3-piece Billetflow idler set
Diablo chip tuned by Amazon Racing (SCT is another excellent choice IMO)
Accufab throttle body/plenum
Steeda TriAx shifter
Modified MAF
Focus fuel pumps (dual)

I disagree about forgetting about the BAP, injectors or Focus pumps because they're not needed at the level of power you're going to be looking at (490-510rwhp). I do agree that injector upgrades aren't necessary at that level, but don't assume you won't need to upgrade your pumps (or add the BAP). Be smart and work with your tuner. Let the tuner tell you what YOUR car needs or doesn't need. If he's good, you should trust him. I can tell you from personal experience that at approx. 480rwhp I maxxed out my MAF, and at around 495rwhp I ran out of fuel. So in my case I most definitely had to upgrade my pumps with dual Focus pumps (my personal choice) at that level. And....at that point I had a 2.90 upper only.

This combo got me 504rwhp (SAE) and 494rwtq. You will find it is almost too easy to push over the 500rwhp mark. Which is why so many Terminator owners drive around with a smile glued to their face. LOL!

Best of luck with your mods! You have a great list there. Oh, one comment about the gears. The stock gears are great and should be fine, but some opt to go with 3.73s. And consider a solid rear if you're going to attempt high rpm launches at the track. :)

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Do the cooling mods... :bored:

or you and some of the rest of these guys will be buying pistons after a while..(some I believe already have :dw: )

.001 piston to wall :burn:

Ouch :bash:

Jimmy :beer:

PS: I like Postbans list too... although Global West and Hans Racecraft SFCs are also quite worthy :bowdown:

ISUPonyBoy

Mr. Bright Side
Established Member
Thanks for the cooling mods list. Most helpful.

Since it does seem that I would need to run much more timing than I thought I am going to ditch the snow piece. I've heard good things about the MGW shifter, but has good experiances with the Steeda. May be time for a change.

As for the rest of mu choices I've used most of them before. Such as the C&L stuff. Dunno, not set yet. Thanks for the info.

John

Users who are viewing this thread