KingJay

!!!!!!!!!!
Established Member
Tekila%20Patron.jpg

grey-goose-vodka.jpg

usaf_eagle

Established Member
Crown_Royal_XR%20004.jpg

Accept no substitutes and never pollute or dilute this fine nectar with anything other than an occasional ice cube maybe...

U.M.

+10000.. i have 3 bottles at the house.. only drink on special occasions.. i use 3 ice cubes that were made with distilled water only.

SteveChris

Established Member
johnny walker black on the rocks (wish i could always get blue)
makers mark
crown royal
eagle rare (very good stuff)

and as far as people saying adding a splash of water on a few ice cubes makes it diluted..as if youre not a man if you use ice.. you're wrong.
adding a splash of water or an ice cube will open up the flavor more. try it yourself

this is a bar near me, the wall is full of scotch and whiskey. i've had most of what i can afford on it
bar.jpg

Last edited:

CEV

Established Member
ltake that back. I used to drink that DiSoronno shit on the rocks, but thats kinda puss since its an amaretto. One hangover with that shit and you call it quits and cant even look at the bottle, let alone try it again.

Thats because Amaretto is all sugar. Its tasty and I have had my share of of it but yeah a hangover on that and your useless to anyone

EDIT: I noticed alot of tequila posted. I am probably one of the few of people I know who doesnt like it. I am sure it is an acquired taste. Everyone one of my stories that ends with me puking usually had "So then he broke out some shots of Patron"

Last edited:

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Laphroaig, the only way to drink it is straight. Mix it with anything, or any more than one ice cube, and you kill all the subtleties of the flavor. It would be best not to add the ice cube, even.

But if you have to, if it is just too strong, mixing it half and half with water is the only way to go. Otherwise there is no point in spending the money.

Jim Snover

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
I have a bottle sitting in my fridge.

I knew we got along for a reason. lol

Country Quencher or Wilds island?

I can't do the Strawberry hill or tickle pink anymore. Lost that taste about 20 years ago when it was $1.09 a bottle. lol

Also give me some Night Train.

God the old days.

Best wine comes with a SCREW TOP!

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Tequila is the alcoholic equivalent of a loaded gun. It can be very satisfying, but you have to respect its destructive power. The instant you do not respect its lethality, it tries to kill you.

Jim Snover

Thats because Amaretto is all sugar. Its tasty and I have had my share of of it but yeah a hangover on that and your useless to anyone

EDIT: I noticed alot of tequila posted. I am probably one of the few of people I know who doesnt like it. I am sure it is an acquired taste. Everyone one of my stories that ends with me puking usually had "So then he broke out some shots of Patron"

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
I knew we got along for a reason. lol

Country Quencher or Wilds island?

I can't do the Strawberry hill or tickle pink anymore. Lost that taste about 20 years ago when it was $1.09 a bottle. lol

Also give me some Night Train.

God the old days.

Best wine comes with a SCREW TOP!

Watermelon. Its like crack for me. Perfect on a hot day.

Satyr

Established Member
kettle one, hangar one (lime), tanqueray, occasionally bourbon (recent addition), nassau royale rum

these are all best chilled in the freezer and poured...without ice.
the addition of ice doesn't kill the flavors, but I think it removes a great deal of the depth (especially with the bourbon and rum); also, it is unnecessary if the drink is kept in the freezer.

Last edited:

68thoroughbred

Established Member
kettle one, hangar one (lime), tanqueray, occasionally bourbon (recent addition), nassau royale rum

these are all best chilled in the freezer and poured...without ice.
the addition of ice doesn't kill the flavors, but I think it removes a great deal of the depth (especially with the bourbon and rum); also, it is unnecessary if the drink is kept in the freezer.

I may be making it up in my head, but I feel like the freezer makes it a little thicker, almost syrup like, and I just can't get past that.

I'll drink almost any bourbon or scotch on the rocks, and sometimes a whiskey, but I can't bring myself to try anything outside of those, mostly because I'll drink even the cheap stuff of those straight.

The best I've had to date, limited as it is(I'm a broke college student) has been Woodford Reserve, and that's compared to The Macallan, Blanton's, and a few other higher end scotch and bourbons.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread