Limits of vortech mondo bypass

xXSVTmonsterXx

SVTP Monster
Established Member
Will it handle 800rwhp/ 15-20#s of boost on a big bore 5.4 4v with 12:1 compression?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

coposrv

Established Member
It's not really about pressure or HP it's about cfm. 20lbs on a 5.4 with ported heads and a good flowing intake and exhaust is going to be moving a lot more air than 20lbs on a stock heads intake exhaust 4.6. You're on the right track though. Do you know how fast your spinning the blower?

mtrsprt

Established Member
It's not really about pressure or HP it's about cfm. 20lbs on a 5.4 with ported heads and a good flowing intake and exhaust is going to be moving a lot more air than 20lbs on a stock heads intake exhaust 4.6. You're on the right track though. Do you know how fast your spinning the blower?
I agree. That's a lot of CFM. I would be looking into a Big red, or Vortech BV57 for discharge needs on your setup. You can never go too big.

xXSVTmonsterXx

SVTP Monster
Established Member

The ysi came with the 2.75 pulley and I have a 10% overdrive damper. Really I only want/need like 15-18#s of boost... less perhaps.

I'm shooting for 800rwhp. Its a 367ci 4v with race ported gt supercar heads, big primary headers etc.

E85 is my fuel. 12:1 compression.

mtrsprt

Established Member
Thats an easy 900rwhp setup right there. The 2.75" pulley will slip pretty good however. Try a Vortech traction improved 2.85".

coposrv

Established Member
Looks like with the 2.75 pulley you'll be spinning the ysi around 60k rpm at 6500. That's going to be moving around 1500-1600cfm. Size the blow off according to that. Remember there's no penalty for going a little bigger.

xXSVTmonsterXx

SVTP Monster
Established Member
Thats an easy 900rwhp setup right there. The 2.75" pulley will slip pretty good however. Try a Vortech traction improved 2.85".

What would you say a 3.1 or so pulley would make? what are my pulley options to hit 800rwhp without so much slip?

xXSVTmonsterXx

SVTP Monster
Established Member
Looks like with the 2.75 pulley you'll be spinning the ysi around 60k rpm at 6500. That's going to be moving around 1500-1600cfm. Size the blow off according to that. Remember there's no penalty for going a little bigger.

I've got 1 mondo, will 2 cut it? I've heard variances on what they flow.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
As I said in another thread a 2.75 RR is gonna be 20+ lbs of boost with that crank damper...I'd run a 3.0-3.1... AND mtrspt a 2.8 Vortech pulley is better for belt slip versus a Reichard :??: Haven't seen that verified in my experiences, it fact it's the opposite, I enjoy my RR:thumbsup:

mtrsprt

Established Member
AND mtrspt a 2.8 Vortech pulley is better for belt slip versus a Reichard :??: Haven't seen that verified in my experiences, it fact it's the opposite, I enjoy my RR:thumbsup:
My 2V car made 26psi with a Vortech traction pulley on a 8-rib setup with a YSi. 2.85" compressor, 7.5" crank damper. They work VERY well, and are easy on belts too. I have also run the Reichard pullies, and they worked well also yes. :thumbsup:

Brutal Metal

Established Member
^oh gotcha your not taking about the regular 6 rib Vortech ones that come in the kits?...
Those don't hold as good as the RR's!

Users who are viewing this thread