Likelihood of Ford screwing over 2015 buyers just like 2010 owners?

FIVEHOE

Established Member
I may hate myself in the morning for saying this, however, at this point, I am considering going with one of the new Z06's when they become available. HP north of 635, weight under 3500 and a eight speed paddle shifter just sounds exciting. Time to add to the garage, again.

the z06 will definitely be sexy, both appearance and power wise... however I feel like that car will have a huge price tag after all the demand for the c7

maverick0817

Established Member
Its supposed to be $100k fully loaded with all the aero, highest trim level, carbon cermaics and r compounds. SVT better do something amazing in 2016, or I may have to switch to the dark side.

guarnibl

Established Member
Its supposed to be $100k fully loaded with all the aero, highest trim level, carbon cermaics and r compounds. SVT better do something amazing in 2016, or I may have to switch to the dark side.

I can't see it being $100k unless it's an R car. The Z28 is $78k. I think we'll see it around the same price -- with carbon ceramics , aero, highest trim, and r compounds. It will not go beyond $78k. Flat out wouldn't sell unless like I said -- it's an R car, and they restrict it to something like 300 a year, and only make it for a single year.

$100k buys you a GT-R, or a Z06. $100k Cobra just flat out isn't happening.

Last edited:

starnsey

Established Member
I can't see it being $100k unless it's an R car. The Z28 is $78k. I think we'll see it around the same price -- with carbon ceramics , aero, highest trim, and r compounds. It will not go beyond $78k. Flat out wouldn't sell unless like I said -- it's an R car, and they restrict it to something like 300 a year, and only make it for a single year.

$100k buys you a GT-R, or a Z06. $100k Cobra just flat out isn't happening.

He IS talking about a Z06...

BigDan

Established Member
100k on a corvette? I would just get the viper. I would be happy with 640hp in a NA motor.

I see what you are getting at but a $103k will get you a stripped down Viper with poor handling performance, a model that very, very few would opt for, kinda like a base-base BMW. I think just about everyone would choose the loaded out $100k Z06(7) over a stripped down 103k Viper after a test drive. Plus the Z would have much better power and torque under the curve since every review is saying that the viper has now become somewhat of a high rev'er that doesn't really start to shine until the upper RPM vs the low end power that a TVS'd 6.2L would deliver.

The Smoking Tire just received a well equipped GTS that was close to if not more then $150k and it wasn't loaded to the gills. I think the Viper is about $30k overpriced and would be selling a lot better if they lowered a well equipped model down to $100k.

Last edited:

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
I see what you are getting at but a $103k will get you a stripped down Viper with poor handling performance, a model that very, very few would opt for, kinda like a base-base BMW. I think just about everyone would choose the loaded out $100k Z06(7) over a stripped down 103k Viper after a test drive. Plus the Z would have much better power and torque under the curve since every review is saying that the viper has now become somewhat of a high rev'er that doesn't really start to shine until the upper RPM vs the low end power that a TVS'd 6.2L would deliver.

The Smoking Tire just received a well equipped GTS that was close to if not more then $150k and it wasn't loaded to the gills. I think the Viper is about $30k overpriced and would be selling a lot better if they lowered a well equipped model down to $100k.

As someone who owns a 2013 Viper, you couldn't be more wrong about your assessment of the Viper. I purchased the "base" Viper, which really isn't base since it includes pretty much everything that the GTS has. There is no difference in performance between the SRT trim and GTS trim. In fact, the SRT trim is about 97 pounds lighter then the GTS. The "stripped down Viper" will not give you "poor handling performance" -- the performance is identical to the GTS trim. Compared to the Z06, the Viper is a RAW hand built American car with much much superior build quality, a kickass interior that has ridiculously supportive Sabelt seats, UConnect, and a n/a engine that delivers 640HP and 600 FT/TQ. I also love the styling of the Viper and you will never confuse it for a lesser model.

Last edited:

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
I don't think you'll see any major changes shortly after 2015.

1. EVERYBODY knew 2 years in advance that the Coyote was coming. If you didn't know, you lived under a rock.

This.

The industry and the enthusiasts knew the 5.0 was coming even before the new 2010 was unveiled at the LA autoshow back in November of '08. It was a huge disappointment that the 5.0 didn't make it into that car, but Ford rewarded those who knew and waited.

2. The 2015's are getting a TON of upgrades, even to the engine. The car itself has countless upgrades, therefore no big changes are needed for 2-3 years. This is unlike the 2010, which was basically a reskin of the 05-09 car with a tweaked interior. The Coyote didn't come one year later because Ford felt the heat to upgrade; it was absolutely intended for 2010, they just couldn't make it happen.

Exactly.

The 2010 was just a slight refresh of the S197. The S550 is an entirely brand new car. They're not going to make major changes a year after introducing it. Not gonna happen.

I don't think any 2015 owners will have buyer's remorse. Aside from the SVT versions, we haven't really heard of anything new in the pipeline. If it was coming for 2016, we would have had ears on it by now.

Agreed.

If there was something earthshattering coming, we'd already know about it.

Users who are viewing this thread