Lightning vs SRT4

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
Nice kill man!

BTW, My SVTL is faster than a stock SVTL, and a stock SRT-4, so I am fast, faster then most, and it's kewler then most vehicals too. My SVTL can light the rear tires on FIRE at 90mph, like real flames and everything! It's so kewl to see my tires shoot flames, even in the day time, it lights everything up so you can see it from far away! It's so KEWL! Man, my SVTL is the fast!

EDIT: This one time, at band camp... :poke:

03svtsnakevert

COPASNICKA
Established Member
old guys rule said:
I didnt get a chance to talk to him but I believe he was cool with it. It is all good clean fun. You know one night at the drags last year I had a 240sx hand me my ass. I told him that was a bad little ride and told him face to face good kill. There is always someone out there that will blow your doors off. And Dr. dont take a snapshot shoot the damn video and maybe you wont get flamed so much, just a suggestion.

Yeah and I was there...the 240X had an upgraded motor, twin turbos, and spraying...not to mention that he has a slight (I use this word loosely) weight advantage and he only beat you by 1 car length maybe 1 1/2...I would say impressive showing for the big L...

EDIT: Oh, and my Snake can outrun your L and the sRT4s of the world not to mention snack on GTis....when the tranny has 3rd gear...(back to the shop for a little warranty work) :poke: j/k

Last edited:

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
everybody knows a person/has a friend who is like that---the one-upper. no matter what story you tell the guy, no matter how cool some experience you've had in the past was, this guy ALWAYS has a better story.

you tell him that your car beat an SRT, and he replies "that's nothing, mine can beat an SRT and your car"

you tell him your girlfriend is good looking, and he says "that's nothing, my girlfriend is a model"

you tell him about the new house you bought, and he again says "mine is better"
it gets annoying after a while. sometimes you just have to learn to say "wow, that's a sweet story, i've never seen/heard anything like that"

03svtsnakevert

COPASNICKA
Established Member
kirks5oh said:
everybody knows a person/has a friend who is like that---the one-upper. no matter what story you tell the guy, no matter how cool some experience you've had in the past was, this guy ALWAYS has a better story.

you tell him that your car beat an SRT, and he replies "that's nothing, mine can beat an SRT and your car"

you tell him your girlfriend is good looking, and he says "that's nothing, my girlfriend is a model"

you tell him about the new house you bought, and he again says "mine is better"
it gets annoying after a while. sometimes you just have to learn to say "wow, that's a sweet story, i've never seen/heard anything like that"

this is forever true in society...the need to bolster ones self...I am not feeling too bolstered...broke 3rd gear last night playing with Old Guys L... :bash:

supeg

Established Member
Dr;s car Ran 14.7 Yet he beat Srt-4's (low 14's) Lightning (mid 13's) and Srt-10 truck ( low 13's if he can driver real nice, otherwise high 13's)

He must be one hell of a driver and have the worst drivers in the world where he lives.

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
DrZacharyus said:
thats good im a little faster than a stock srt (~2 cars) they are really quick cars and REALLy easy to drive (ive driven one)

Srt-4s are harder then hell to launch and keep straight while shifting hard....well my friends stage 2 is at least....

SRT-4 Turbo 7

Established Member
wals9331 said:
Srt-4s are harder then hell to launch and keep straight while shifting hard....well my friends stage 2 is at least....

Yes it is. Tell him to get motor mounts, traction bars, wider rims and compliment them with BFG Drag Radials. That will help a little.

DrZacharyus

Banned
i drove a stock one, havent had a chance to drive a modded one but the shifter is so nice throws are short its very easy to manipulate that clutch and power shift

the 14.7 was with no traction 1st, hit 2nd speedo went to 55 (lost traction there 2nd ends at 65ish) and i had a 2.7 60' so thats why it was a 14.7 with almost 100 mph trap...

Last edited:

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
DrZacharyus said:
the 14.7 was with no traction 1st, hit 2nd speedo went to 55 (lost traction there 2nd ends at 65ish) and i had a 2.7 60' so thats why it was a 14.7 with almost 100 mph trap...

huh?? in every other post by you, you seem to drive like a pro, and beat cars/trucks that would absolutely crush a 14.7. was that the only pass you made that day??

if that's the kind of driving you're capable of on a prepped dragstrip, i can't believe any of your claims on the street, where traction is not nearly as good. let's see the video.

DrZacharyus

Banned
maybe because im on all season tires with a open diff at one of the shittiest tracks? the nick name for orlando speed world is orlando spin world i can hook much better on the street and my stock clutch is dying...i guess it cant take the ~80lbft of torque extra

flarocket

Established Member
DrZacharyus said:
im not saying i can keep up with him at all haha his trucks really quick (modded, i know bout chipped, pullied lightnings) but im pretty sure id pull a lightning now since i ran one with intake when i just had stock downpipe and it was pretty puch winning with a slow pull at around 100 going to the lightning (from 20)

Again as i have posted before- I dont think you can pull a lightning.. mine is stock and I have a hard time beliveing you could pull me.. are you talking about a dig, 20 roll 40 roll ??? maybe from a 65 or above roll you might pull an L but that I am not even sure about that.. its too bad I live 2 hours away....

DrZacharyus

Banned
20 is the only roll i did with the L by 115-120 he had a little lead car he has the ram air intake and it was very cold
that was on stock downpipe...

Last edited:

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
DrZacharyus said:
and my stock clutch is dying...i guess it cant take the ~80lbft of torque extra

GTI clutch sucks? Just asking because I still have the stock clutch in my 03 SVTF with 23k miles on it, and I have it dyno'd at 299 to the wheels, it came at only 170 fly wheel stock. I have noticed lately that if I powershift second, every now and then the clutch will slip a bit befor it grabs, but that really doesn;t effect my time that much, because when the clutch doesn't slip, my tires do. lol Oh, I had it S/C'd and tuned about 13k miles ago, so it's bean fine for that long. Well, my question is how is 80 extra going to hurt it? I riped the rear motor mount, but clutch still good.

EDIT: And seriously, I am a pretty laid back guy, but I am starting to have a hard time beleiving your stories too. Unless you can post a vid, timeslip with pict, I just don't see how I can, or anyone else will stop messing with you. And it has nothing to do with the fact that you drive a GTI, I hang with both import guys in the SVTF, and the domestic guys in the SVTL, and everynow and then the SVTF too. jfyi

Last edited:

supeg

Established Member
kirks5oh said:
huh?? in every other post by you, you seem to drive like a pro, and beat cars/trucks that would absolutely crush a 14.7. was that the only pass you made that day??

if that's the kind of driving you're capable of on a prepped dragstrip, i can't believe any of your claims on the street, where traction is not nearly as good. let's see the video.

Dont forget though, all his street races are from a roll :loser: ricer style.

supeg

Established Member
flarocket said:
Again as i have posted before- I dont think you can pull a lightning.. mine is stock and I have a hard time beliveing you could pull me.. are you talking about a dig, 20 roll 40 roll ??? maybe from a 65 or above roll you might pull an L but that I am not even sure about that.. its too bad I live 2 hours away....
He only races from a roll, and the guy he raced was shifting manually from he says first to second to drive (aka he doesnt have a clue)

Users who are viewing this thread