Lightning vs SRT4

old guys rule

Red Blown Sled
Established Member
I was leaving the house this morning to run up to the 7-11. I was gonna ride my bike so had to move the cars to get it out of the garage.The lightning was the first to be moved so I parked in front of my daughters house next door. Just as I shut it off this blue srt4 drives by and throws me a couple of hard revs. Well cant let that go so I fired the L up and up the street I went. He slowed down and waited for me. We turned the corner and about 20 mph he hits it and I hit the lightning. 1st gear pull I pulled next to his door as he started in front of me, the truck shifted to 2nd and I pulled on by to about 3 lengths then shifted to 3rd and just pulled away. Almost didnt stop for the store. I believe he is bone stock it looked about like a mid 14 sec car but that is just a guess. It was a lot of fun.

Last edited:

DrZacharyus

Banned
im not saying i can keep up with him at all haha his trucks really quick (modded, i know bout chipped, pullied lightnings) but im pretty sure id pull a lightning now since i ran one with intake when i just had stock downpipe and it was pretty puch winning with a slow pull at around 100 going to the lightning (from 20)

03svtsnakevert

COPASNICKA
Established Member
DrZacharyus said:
im not saying i can keep up with him at all haha his trucks really quick (modded, i know bout chipped, pullied lightnings) but im pretty sure id pull a lightning now since i ran one with intake when i just had stock downpipe and it was pretty puch winning with a slow pull at around 100 going to the lightning (from 20)

Well, that sounds like a quick GTI you have...I would love to see some video of it...

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
DrZacharyus said:

no offense, but you always seem to jump into other people's kill stories and comment on how your car would do against theirs. don't take this the wrong way, but sometimes its o.k. to just tell someone that they had a nice kill, and be done with it.

for some reason in this thread you feel the need to tell us that your car is faster than a stock srt-4 and a stock lightning. i don't see where anybody is asking you how your car would stack up against both cars in the thread, but you feel the need to tell us anyways.

i'm not one to search back through all your posts and bring up multiple instances when you've done this, but you have in the past. if you want to do that its your right to do so, but try this instead:

"nice kill, sweet truck!"

03svtsnakevert

COPASNICKA
Established Member
kirks5oh said:
no offense, but you always seem to jump into other people's kill stories and comment on how your car would do against theirs. don't take this the wrong way, but sometimes its o.k. to just tell someone that they had a nice kill, and be done with it.

for some reason in this thread you feel the need to tell us that your car is faster than a stock srt-4 and a stock lightning. i don't see where anybody is asking you how your car would stack up against both cars in the thread, but you feel the need to tell us anyways.

i'm not one to search back through all your posts and bring up multiple instances when you've done this, but you have in the past. if you want to do that its your right to do so, but try this instead:

"nice kill, sweet truck!"

+1...and yes, I have read several of his posts...that is why I asked for a vid as several posters have asked for one to see the cars performance and he has not produced one yet...

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
03svtsnakevert said:
+1...and yes, I have read several of his posts...that is why I asked for a vid as several posters have asked for one to see the cars performance and he has not produced one yet...

i'm not totally knocking on him. its just annoying to see someone continually hijack kill threads to comment on how their car would stack up against the cars in the thread.
we are all occasionally guilty of it, but i thought it was kind of funny how he stated how his car was faster than stock versions of BOTH the cars in the original thread. i can't put my finger on it exactly, it just seems that this guy is just way too eager to tell everyone who he's raced and how fast his car is.

maybe that's not the case, and i'm sorry if it isn't, it just seems that way.

2tonOfun

Established Member
Nice Kill.
Our trucks have nearly the same mods (except for the headers) and I have had the same results against an SRT4.
Was the guy cool about it and acknowladge the kill?

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
2tonOfun said:
Nice Kill.
Our trucks have nearly the same mods (except for the headers) and I have had the same results against an SRT4.
Was the guy cool about it and acknowladge the kill?

this is a perfect example of the correct way to relate your vehicle's potential to one of the cars in the original thread.

DrZacharyus

Banned
well everyone just thinks its a golf i guess its just a habit...sometimes i say good kill sometimes i blabber on...i am gonna try to get a video of my cars speedo this week with my friends digital camera

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
DrZacharyus said:
well everyone just thinks its a golf i guess its just a habit...sometimes i say good kill sometimes i blabber on...i am gonna try to get a video of my cars speedo this week with my friends digital camera

no big deal. most of the people who post/lurk on this site realize your car is pretty quick.

old guys rule

Red Blown Sled
Established Member
I didnt get a chance to talk to him but I believe he was cool with it. It is all good clean fun. You know one night at the drags last year I had a 240sx hand me my ass. I told him that was a bad little ride and told him face to face good kill. There is always someone out there that will blow your doors off. And Dr. dont take a snapshot shoot the damn video and maybe you wont get flamed so much, just a suggestion.

Silver04L

93 Octane Member
Established Member
DrZacharyus said:
still a lot of non believers lol but i was beating on it 4th let off and shot a flame that lit up the whole street twas nice!
there you go again....."my car is so cool"

2tonOfun

Established Member
Silver04L said:
there you go again....."my car is so cool"

:burn: I know I am tired of hearing about his VW.
I just didn't want to feed into his thred hijacking and have him start rambling on in someone elses thred.
But, he will.

Anyway, good kill.

I seldom if ever get to talk to someone before or after a street race. If I get beat I always try to at least give them a :thumbsup:

Other wise it's just a :burnout: and "see ya"

Users who are viewing this thread