Lightning road test on U.K. T.V.

BRIT-LIGHTNING

Established Member
Hello Mates
Its sunday morning here and I'm just getting ready to do some work on the truck for its M.O.T. test on tuesday ,so I'm having a coffee and flicking through the t.v. listings and I noticed that on B.B.C.2 tonight on TOP GEAR they are doing a test on a lightning the programme is on at 20.00hrs and is repeated on monday at 23.20hrs U.K. time
I dont know if any of you blokes can get B.B.C.2 on satellite ,it should be quite interesting ,although in the past they have been overly critical in my opinion of U.S. vehicles even though the main presenter jeremy clarkson recently bought a new ford g.t.
the usual format is to test on the road and then on a closed circuit with a racing car driver at the wheel or occasionly test the vehicle in its country of orign , after I've watched it I'll let you know how it went.
Stay Lucky
Brit-Lightning.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
What a gem of a GT he got too. Thanks for the info. The show usually comes on here in the states on wednesdays at 10:00 pm on the discovery channel.

OH-MAN

Established Member
Top Gear is a great show.
I liked the one with the gentleman sitting in the car and simulated (man made lightning) strikes the car to show it is safe :eek:
That took some big ole nuts to do that.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Subscribing...I wish they would test the 03/04 Cobra as well.

SkippyMcGee

Established Member
is this the newest episode of top gear over there from season 6??? if so im downloading it right now and would most likely be able to host it for all of you hooligans.

we have a crappy watered down full-screen version of the show here in the states(the one that is on the discovery channel) that kind of takes segments from 5 or 6 seasons ago and just crams them all together.

BRIT-LIGHTNING

Established Member
Hello Mates
I just logged in quickly to check on this thread ,to answer SkippyMcgee the programme tonight is the last one in the current series
its now two hours to go so I'm going out to buy some beers :beer: before the programme starts.
Stay Lucky
Brit-Lightning

Duende

Thomas @ AppOSL.com
Established Member
What a crappy time to be stuck with dial-up.

Someone please review this in-depth for me in here!

BRIT-LIGHTNING

Established Member
Hello Mates
well as they say hindsight is a wonderful thing I SO wished that I'd watched the programme before starting this thread
I've just spent an hour swearing and chucking beer cans at my telly :fm:
I'm sincerely ashamed to be a countryman of jeremy clarkson,
now I know he's known for his "tongue in cheek style" but frankly I found this report insulting to a country that has shown me nothing but kindness and sincere helpfulness in any contact I've had
the pre test intro made referance to "the truck that wants to make me sleep with my cousin"
when the programme got to the test itself he started off with some stats that the f150 series is the worlds best selling vehicle,bhp,0-60 e.t.c. and then onto the test itself the truck was 2005 registered so I assume it was a 2004 model with a right hand drive conversion ,he made a big issue about the fit of the interior ,gaps in panels etc he did'nt take time to think that was due to the right hand drive conversion job ,then he spent the rest of the test driving around a small village whining about fuel consumption vehicle size and a list of reasons why he thought the f150 series did'nt sell in england and do you know what his conclusion was? well as he put it due to the trucks "barn door engineering" he felt that people in the uk market were "too sophisticated" to buy it ,what an arrogant prick!! his final snide comment was that he thought it was the worst vehicle he had ever driven
the test was littered with "clever" stereotypical comments about americans (people I feel proud to call my friends!) so in conclusion I'm sorry to have started this thread and I apologise to any of you who have the missfortune to see the test on telly
for my part jeremy better hope and pray he never bumps into me as I'm 6"4' and 20 stone in wieght and I'd like to see the lanky streak of piss tell me that I like to sleep with my cousin! :kaboom:
Stay Lucky
Brit-Lightning.

nastynivek

Nov. 10, 1775
Established Member
No problem Steve. :beer:
Jeremy Clarkson would probably be a Pompous Prick regardless of his country of origin. I wish I could meet him in person. He needs a little history lesson...

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
BRIT-LIGHTNING said:
Hello Mates
well as they say hindsight is a wonderful thing I SO wished that I'd watched the programme before starting this thread
I've just spent an hour swearing and chucking beer cans at my telly :fm:
I'm sincerely ashamed to be a countryman of jeremy clarkson,
now I know he's known for his "tongue in cheek style" but frankly I found this report insulting to a country that has shown me nothing but kindness and sincere helpfulness in any contact I've had
the pre test intro made referance to "the truck that wants to make me sleep with my cousin"
when the programme got to the test itself he started off with some stats that the f150 series is the worlds best selling vehicle,bhp,0-60 e.t.c. and then onto the test itself the truck was 2005 registered so I assume it was a 2004 model with a right hand drive conversion ,he made a big issue about the fit of the interior ,gaps in panels etc he did'nt take time to think that was due to the right hand drive conversion job ,then he spent the rest of the test driving around a small village whining about fuel consumption vehicle size and a list of reasons why he thought the f150 series did'nt sell in england and do you know what his conclusion was? well as he put it due to the trucks "barn door engineering" he felt that people in the uk market were "too sophisticated" to buy it ,what an arrogant prick!! his final snide comment was that he thought it was the worst vehicle he had ever driven
the test was littered with "clever" stereotypical comments about americans (people I feel proud to call my friends!) so in conclusion I'm sorry to have started this thread and I apologise to any of you who have the missfortune to see the test on telly
for my part jeremy better hope and pray he never bumps into me as I'm 6"4' and 20 stone in wieght and I'd like to see the lanky streak of piss tell me that I like to sleep with my cousin! :kaboom:
Stay Lucky
Brit-Lightning.

That's about what I thought it'd be like.

Duende

Thomas @ AppOSL.com
Established Member
Oh well, that's too bad. Guess it just takes a special kind've person to enjoy a muscle truck.

Course, I do have a hot cousin... Hmmm... :-D

Last edited:

03SILVERCOBRA

Established Member
Brit have to say there are some great car guys in England like yourself. As for Clarkson BBC needs to fire him Was stationed in RAF Alconbury and we use to go to the drags at Santa Pod. Lots of American car loving Brits there. Well have to say even our Car and Driver show seems a bit one sided some times guess it's all what you like. And I love My Lightning enough to have bought 3 of them. Might make me pretty dumb because sold 2 of them lol. This one will be a keeper forever. :beer:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread