Lightning road test on U.K. T.V.

Lightning LA

Mark it ZERO!
Established Member
I'm guilty! I slapped quite a few people in the face! Go to our good ol' Pres' 'W' and see what they think about him and our country.

Bootbox

Established Member
I just got done watching this and I'm tempted to get on a plane, find that limey poof and bash his head in.

In a period of 10 minutes he:

Said all Americans do is constantly commit incest.
Said the Lightning was the worst vehicle he's ever been in, hands down.
Called the Lightning "rubbish"
Said he now knows what it feels like to roll down a hill in a wheelbarrow (due to how antiquated the Lightning's suspension is, and how poorly it handles.)
He constantly insinuated Europeans are too classy and refined for the truck and that Americans are all crude dolts.

I was going to take the Lightning part out of the episode and put it up somewhere online but I can't bring myself to do it anymore. Take my word for it, you don't want to see this.

**** him, **** him right in his ear.

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Bootbox said:
I just got done watching this and I'm tempted to get on a plane, find that limey poof and bash his head in.

In a period of 10 minutes he:

Said all Americans do is constantly commit incest.
Said the Lightning was the worst vehicle he's ever been in, hands down.
Called the Lightning "rubbish"
Said he now knows what it feels like to roll down a hill in a wheelbarrow (due to how antiquated the Lightning's suspension is, and how poorly it handles.)
He constantly insinuated Europeans are too classy and refined for the truck and that Americans are all crude dolts.

I was going to take the Lightning part out of the episode and put it up somewhere online but I can't bring myself to do it anymore. Take my word for it, you don't want to see this.

**** him, **** him right in his ear.

He's just upset because you can't get it in the UK.

Bootbox

Established Member
He was driving a right hand drive one, probably converted over there I guess?

Leads up to a big part of what he complained about, the interior. Ok, I can see it being bland and plastic, no doubt. But, I have to wonder if the conversion company screwed everything up inside and never fixed it. I know Ford isn't famous for fit and finish but, I've never seen panels in a Lightning that fit this poorly before.

badfit11fc.jpg

badfit25nt.jpg

badfit38qj.jpg

He also mentions that the ladder frame (calls it 19th century garbage) is made of old shovels and that the brake rotors are "the size of milk caps"

BRIT-LIGHTNING

Established Member
Bootbox said:
He was driving a right hand drive one, probably converted over there I guess?

Leads up to a big part of what he complained about, the interior. Ok, I can see it being bland and plastic, no doubt. But, I have to wonder if the conversion company screwed everything up inside and never fixed it. I know Ford isn't famous for fit and finish but, I've never seen panels in a Lightning that fit this poorly before.

Hello Mate
I couldnt agree with you more as I mentioned in my last post on this
he was driving some dodgy chopped up right hand drive conversion it would also explain his criticism of the steering, did you see the slop on that steering wheel? the problem is he has'nt got the intelligance to work that out for himself he's too busy thinking up smart-arsed comments and having his thinning hair permed!
but I HAVE A PLAN! I thought I'd check out the top-gear website and I found you can apply for show tickets for the new season so I've applied for tickets for me and my brother (me 6' 4"-20 stone, my bro 6'2"-23 stone both with fiery red hair and tempers to match!) so we can have a little " face to face "time with Mr clarkson ,rest assured I'll be putting all your comments to him, in response to T-BOLT you can get them over here you just have to want one enough and have the will to not be like all the other sheep (mine "99" in black)
Stay Lucky
Brit-Lightning.

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
BRIT-LIGHTNING said:
T-BOLT you can get them over here you just have to want one enough and have the will to not be like all the other sheep (mine "99" in black)
Stay Lucky
Brit-Lightning.

I meant straight from Ford. Damn, that dash IS ****ed up. I say he should fly to the US and someone drive them in theirs. BTW, Brit-Lightning, how many BMW drivers have you scared to date? ;-)

BRIT-LIGHTNING

Established Member
nastynivek said:
When you and your brother get done with him, put him on a plane to the States so we can have our turn with him.
Hell, I'll even help ya pay shipping. :lol:
/\ :beer: mate,I'd love to but I think I'd get in trouble trying to sent a package of body parts to you :lol1:

BRIT-LIGHTNING

Established Member
T-Bolt said:
I meant straight from Ford. Damn, that dash IS ****ed up. I say he should fly to the US and someone drive them in theirs. BTW, Brit-Lightning, how many BMW drivers have you scared to date? ;-)
more than a few also audi TT's and shedloads of "hot hatchbacks" and after that top gear report I'll be doubling my efforts just so there is no element of doubt in peoples minds

Bootbox

Established Member
Brit, I missed your post reviewing the episode, that would have saved me some pain as I see we have nearly the exact same take on it.

:beer:

BRIT-LIGHTNING

Established Member
Bootbox said:
Brit, I missed your post reviewing the episode, that would have saved me some pain as I see we have nearly the exact same take on it.

:beer:
no problem mate my review was done straight after watching it and I was VERY angry so it was a case of what my missus calls my "angry speed typing" your review was spot on (cool screen stills by the way) we have both witnessed something truly awful, will the scars ever heal?

BRIT-LIGHTNING

Established Member
Hello Mates
I thought I'd bring this one back on to the front page so it can be read in conjunctoin with the thread "UK REVIEW OF THE L"
Stay Lucky
Brit-lightning.

bnglcat

Established Member
So the same guy that tells ford to take back his GT because of an aftermarket alarm system that HE wanted installed is screwed up, is complaining about a truck's fit and finish that was done by someone other than ford. Nice.

This guy really needs to realize that when something is done as aftermarket, that does NOT mean it is the original vehicle manufactures fault. Oh well, let him go back to his exotics.

Users who are viewing this thread