Lightning guys: What do you think of this claim?

Dusten

Established Member
It allows your truck to perform off-road.

the body kit and low ride height negate that. Besides, awd isn't a truck quality, option 4wd is. Here's an off road tip, use 2wd to get stuck and 4wd to get out, because if you're stuck in 4wd, its to late...

PACETTR

Established Member
I don't see a Syclone/Typhoon going off road. On purpose. :lol:

the body kit and low ride height negate that. Besides, awd isn't a truck quality, option 4wd is. Here's an off road tip, use 2wd to get stuck and 4wd to get out, because if you're stuck in 4wd, its to late...

Both true, but AWD is more "trucky" than 2wd.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter. The Sy was a stoplight KILLER because of its AWD. L obviously has more out the back door and more potential.

Kiohtee

Established Member
At the end of the day it doesn't matter. The Sy was a stoplight KILLER because of its AWD. L obviously has more out the back door and more potential.

This this this! And I'd expect nothing less. The Lightning was a monster F-150, which itself is already a capable truck, while the Syclone is a hopped up S10, which has always been more suited for hardware store runs than Home Depot visits.

I'm personally not a fan of these so called sport trucks anyway, but I don't yet need one either. Just enjoy what you drive and give no cares to the rest of the world and their thoughts. :beer:

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
What you don't seem to understand is the gap in time between these two trucks. 14.1 @ 93 was moving pretty good back then, but especially for a truck. It didn't have a big V8 with a supercharger bolted to the top, so it wasn't expected to be a 1/2 mile bruiser (I'm not saying the Lightning is either).

Is 6-7 years a lot though? Nowadays it doesn't seem much but back then the time comparison between both trucks seems more like 10-15 years if you ask me.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Ask the owner of an 04 Mustang GT how big of a deal 7 years is...

If they are looking at it in the same way I am, they'd answer in the negative to your question.

The GMC just didn't age well and even at a slight six years when the Ford was released, it felt ancient in so many different aspects not even including engine wise. In 2005 or 2006, the Ford didn't feel the same way, to me, as the GMC did in the same period of time.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
You mean 93-02

Icwutudidder

landscape-1428935780-terminator-genisys-arnold-smile.jpg

PACETTR

Established Member
If they are looking at it in the same way I am, they'd answer in the negative to your question.

The GMC just didn't age well and even at a slight six years when the Ford was released, it felt ancient in so many different aspects not even including engine wise. In 2005 or 2006, the Ford didn't feel the same way, to me, as the GMC did in the same period of time.

So the fact that it was as quick as a far more "modern" truck is that much more impressive.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
So the fact that it was as quick as a far more "modern" truck is that much more impressive.

You and you alone make the determination of what impresses you. Whatever that may be, it isn't my concern. I just think the truck always looked old and didn't age gracefully like many other vehicles on the road.

PACETTR

Established Member
You and you alone make the determination of what impresses you. Whatever that may be, it isn't my concern. I just think the truck always looked old and didn't age gracefully like many other vehicles on the road.

lol the point was never the LOOKS of the two trucks.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
It's really apples to oranges here....
The
Chevy 454ss
Gen 1 Lightning
Dodge Ram SS/T
Dodge Dakota R/T
Gen 2 Lightning

Are the sport truck Class.

I really don't know what class you'd put the Syphoon in.... It's too small and too low to do anything a truck does... Idk. Id put it with the WRX... Shit like that. It's a neat little vehicle. But it's not a truck in my opinion.

And even IF... It's a truck... It's no comparison to the Gen 2 Lightning.

And a lets get real... Minor boltons.... My Gen1 will walk it's ass.

It's really not that impressive.... In my opinion.

truefiveo

Established Member
It's really apples to oranges here....
The
Chevy 454ss
Gen 1 Lightning
Dodge Ram SS/T
Dodge Dakota R/T
Gen 2 Lightning

Are the sport truck Class.

I really don't know what class you'd put the Syphoon in.... It's too small and too low to do anything a truck does... Idk. Id put it with the WRX... Shit like that. It's a neat little vehicle. But it's not a truck in my opinion.

And even IF... It's a truck... It's no comparison to the Gen 2 Lightning.

And a lets get real... Minor boltons.... My Gen1 will walk it's ass.

It's really not that impressive.... In my opinion.

Minor bolt on 351w GEN 1 vs a Typhoon/Syclone?
1372272614_tumblr_m7us2z0OlP1r60v6do1_500.gif

Users who are viewing this thread