LFP Service a Complete Failure

vintageyz

I normally do not post negative commentary, but the service received from LFP needs to be discussed.

I purchased, via Evilbay, a LFP Big Oval throttle body. The purchase was on August 7, and the listing noted it would be delivered by August 17. That date came and went, with no item. I had to reach out to LFP to ask what happened. Excuses flew from them and it would be there by September 1. September 1 passed and no throttle body. So, I had to contact them again. OMG, it was Covid excuse this and that. But, they would make it up to me it was said. (also, I had purchased a MAF from them just a short while before)

Back and forth occurred, including a direct call to Mark (title?) who assured me I would be the throttle body, that it would be shipped Priority, and he would supply a tune at discount. He would call this next day to confirm. Finally the item shipped; Ground. Plus, no call. So, I message back again with no reply.

LFP baited the Ebay listing knowing full well they could not supply the product. They didn't fulfill any of the commitments they said (all documented btw) LFP apparently doesn't consider the customer a priority enough to do what they say they will do. I suggest avoiding them for your Lightning or Mustang mods.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I remember way back in 2005 or 2006 when Mark and LFP were not to be trusted. Nothing has changed, apparently.

So, did you get a refund?

vintageyz

I remember way back in 2005 or 2006 when Mark and LFP were not to be trusted. Nothing has changed, apparently.

So, did you get a refund?
No. I should have pressed for that but lost the chance with ebay. I did get the product, just way late and no follow through.

Ryebread

Established Member
i had a difficult time as well with mark and his wife trying to just get the radiator tank shipped to me. when it arrived it was an intercooler tank for a c7 lol but it was nice at least, with a 4" billet cap. the radiator tank did finally get to me but it did take some calling over and over to remind them. overall im not surprised, its hard times with all kinds of online ordering its seems with the covid my wife bought some seeds for her garden and had missing orders and other logistic problems. im not the one to bash companies but i feel like costumer service NEEDS to be a priority if you want returning customers.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sorry to hear that you had an issue with LFP and Mark as well. Easy answer.....avoid LFP altogether. There are other vendors out there who actually do care, and who actually do communicate with the customer, and who actually do follow through on their commitments.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Yea, LFP has always been a big hit or miss place to order from.

Almost like rpmoutlet, which surprisingly is still around too.

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
I gave them a shot a couple years back.

Ordered a polished coolant tank that arrived months late. When it finally arrived it had a scratch on the top so deep that it looked like it was packaged by Edward Scissorhands.

Mark told me to simply polish it out. Lol. Sent it back and got a refund but that was an ordeal in and of iteslf.

LFP is a clown show. Never again.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Really? I hadn't heard them mentioned in YEARS. Still around.

I cant remember if it was them or some other site with a terrible reputation that someone bought up and took over. I find it hard to believe someone would pay money for something with a tarnished reputation to have to fix. Even if you bought at the inventory I woulda changed the name on everything

MSpellman562

Where do you guys recommend?

I bought a few things from LFP recently, but not sure where else to go?

I will need suspension parts, looking at long bars? Maybe stifflers? brakes, rotor/pads... ohhh and I'm going to need headers...

thank you

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
We have excellent, recommended Vendors here on SVTP. LMR (Late Model Restoration), Lethal Performance, Team Beefcake Racing are three I recommend).

MSpellman562

Awesome thank you...

I also need some trans work... think I either smoked my torque converter or cracked my flex plate...

I’m hearing rattles comping from the bell housing. Sounds like a bad catalytic converter.... but I know those are not bad since I just bought bassani mids and the cats have less than 100 miles...

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
theres also JDM, JLP, woodbine motorsports, junior-racing (jeff wallace, I ordered some Stifflers parts through im at a good price recently) among others

Users who are viewing this thread