LFP and Metco lowers

nolyaw

Been there owned that
Established Member
I was on LFP's website, and on Metco's, and their lower kits a re IDENTICAL looking. Is the LFP kit and alt. pulley Metco manufacture, or are they rip off parts?

If they are, I don't know how you could blatently rip off another manufacturer like that...

nolyaw

Been there owned that
Established Member
Great link, answered all of my questions, thanks.

GodStang

Established Member
I don't care what that post says THEY ARE THE SAME!! I have a LFP lower kit and when I had to get replacement parts they sent us to Metco. The instructions are word for word and picture for picture THE SAME!! You can see where Metco is photoshopped out and LFP is inserted. The parts are identical. Everything about them is the same. They are the same.

sneakysnake03

SVT
Established Member
I dont know if they are the same but the I like the people at metco and there stuff looks really well made I cant say the same about LFP because I havent seen any of their stuff. So when I buy my lower it will come from Metco and they are real close to me also.

SLOWBRA

Established Member
I dont know if they are the same but the I like the people at metco and there stuff looks really well made I cant say the same about LFP because I havent seen any of their stuff. So when I buy my lower it will come from Metco and they are real close to me also.

Agreed. The folks at Metco are excellent to deal with. I bought my lower direct from them.

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't care what that post says THEY ARE THE SAME!!
Actually if you read Mark's rambling post carefully (not recommended) he doesn't really say that they're different, only that LFP made pullies before Metco did. In fact he states they are of the same material and quality and even goes on to say that LFP has a close relationship with Metco... and then he goes into a random list of part promotions LOL. Anyway reading between the lines a bit I'd be willing to bet the parts come from the same mfg.

FWIW - I'd buy the Metco kit from them or Lethal.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
LFP has ripped off other people's parts and put their name on them before like the Hilton fiasco, do what JymBart said, Metco period!

bubblehead93

Established Member
I had bought a lfp lower setup before the whole overlay thing - it is a repackaged metco or at least from the same manufacturer that supplies metco. The idler support plate has metco cast into it and the instructions are copies of metcos. FWIW. Go with metco, take a pass on lfp. There prices are good, perhaps too good. With everything that has been written on them, something unsavory about them.

Last edited:

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
"We" meaning myself and the shop I deal with, and What I mean is " they are slow to get parts out"

Do you need name specifics?

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
A lot of companies do this in a lot of parts....tires, for example....heat pumps....plumbing products. I just ordered a single blade TB and plenum from LFP, and they labeled it as their brand, but when the box arrived, it was all Accufab with Accufab stickers included.
It's nothing new that's never been done before, but it was a helluva lot easier on the wallet.

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
You guys can do what you want. I won't jump on the bandwagon against LFP & here's why: I purchased my lower kit from LFP as well as my bassani ceramic coated headers and some other odds & ends that I can't recall anymore. Shipping was fast, service was good, parts were perfect and gave no issue at all. Plus for placing a big order all at once, they knocked another 10% or so off the price even though they had everybody beat to hell on the $ to begin with. I don't have one single bad thing to say about LFP or their parts. They've been good to me in my dealings and saved me money over any of the others. You guys can tear them apart if you like; that's my $0.02 on this subject

TBGT

JymBart

Established Member
You guys can do what you want. I won't jump on the bandwagon against LFP & here's why: They've been good to me in my dealings and saved me money over any of the others. You guys can tear them apart if you like; that's my $0.02 on this subject

TBGT

Hey true blue, . you don't want to bash LFP, . but do you remember saying this about Steeda?

Here's your quote
"far as I know they're just a remarketed borla. Steeda can't do shit for themselves imo."
TBGT[/QUOTE]

bubblehead93

Established Member
If you want to continue to do business with LFP so be it, eventually you will get burned by them. After the whole Hilton boost overlay debacle, i called it quits on LFP, you can't put a price on honor and integrity. if saving money at whatever the cost is your imperative... well - you decide

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread