Level 5's ABS sensor

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
I hate to break it to you but yours are probably the wrong ones also. Post pic's and we can tell you.

I'll be doing the Level 5's installation this weekend (along with AC427Cobra's bushing kit). I'll be sure to keep a camera handy to take plenty of pics...:uh oh:

GodStang

Established Member
Woot took me 45 mins to yank both of them. MAn I have gotten good. Missing a huge chunk of both ABS sensors. Thanks so much Posi for all your help.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I'll be doing the Level 5's installation this weekend (along with AC427Cobra's bushing kit). I'll be sure to keep a camera handy to take plenty of pics...:uh oh:

Give us a picture before the install and we can tell you if they are the wrong ones 100%. Please don't do a trial fit and hope they're the correct ones.

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
Give us a picture before the install and we can tell you if they are the wrong ones 100%. Please don't do a trial fit and hope they're the correct ones.

Okay here they are:

2276993DSSLevel53.jpg

2276994DSSLevel51.jpg

2276995DssLevel52.jpg

2276997DSSLevel54.jpg

What do you think? :??:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Russ check and see if your end snap ring is this close to the end of the shaft. There should be more like twice the amount of stock from the end of the shaft to the ring. Are those used or new? It looks like it is but really can't tell from the grease. The reason is if there's not enough stock then the shaft goes into your housing to far so then making the tone rings hit your abs sensors.

axle1.jpg

I hope this helps but your are kind of dirty.

Last edited:

DocB

Established Member
FlaSeaDude, I don't think you are going to finish your project this weekend.
Those won't fit. (not on an 03/04 Cobra anyway).

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
FlaSeaDude, I don't think you are going to finish your project this weekend.
Those won't fit. (not on an 03/04 Cobra anyway).

One thing that I didn't mention (becaues I thought it was pretty clear) is that I'm reusing my inner shafts. THus, what is seen in the picture is only the outer shafts by DSS.

Also, I didn't finish the install last weekend, but the reason had nothing to do with the half shafts. While I had the car up on the lift, we dropped the transmission and the complete IRS. I'm upgrading my clutch to a RAM dual disc setup along with a 26 spline input shaft in the tranny. The IRS is being upgraded with ACcobrbr427's complete bushing kit. So, the game plan is to finish everything this weekend... :rockon:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Good luck and keep us posted. If that picture shows the end that goes into the housing I still think they are the wrong ones though.

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
I have the same problem with my LVL5's. Oh and by the way this is my second set. I also got them from Lethal.

MJ

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Call Frank at Drive Shaft Shop

His number is 1-800-564-2244. Oh and that's by memory. Don't call until about 11:00 am because he won't be there.

Users who are viewing this thread