Level 5's ABS sensor

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Drove the car today and chewed the hell out of the ABS sensor's. Also started rounding the edge's of the ring gears. Talked to Jared (Lethal) a few minutes ago (Sunday night:rockon:) and he's aware and we'll get it fixed. I just don't know what happened.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Here's what they did after a very short drive. I'll be calling DSS this morning.

abssensorsdynovideo009.jpg

abssensorsdynovideo008.jpg

abssensorsdynovideo007.jpg

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
It's these little details that will drive you crazy trying to finish a project!
I hope you get it worked out so you can finally get to dtive that beast.

-

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
^Yeah but the little detail is on a $1,600 set of axles.

Agreed!
I have heard of way to many complaints about the DSS halfshafts to put my money down on a set.
Luckily I'm still on my original ones with 35,000 miles and lots of high rev clutch dumps on slicks. :shrug:
I guess I'm just lucky.
Good Luck with yours.:burnout:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
The axles were the wrong length at that dimension. I'll be getting new ones for free. Thanks Lethal!

DocB

Established Member
For posi

Hey posi, I am also having a problem with the lv 5s.
Looking at pic #4 in your OP, the distance from the groove for the retaining C-clip to the end of the splined shaft is much shorter than the OEM shaft.
This is the same (shorter) on mine.
Is this what you meant by "the axles were the wrong length at that dimension"?

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Hey posi, I am also having a problem with the lv 5s.
Looking at pic #4 in your OP, the distance from the groove for the retaining C-clip to the end of the splined shaft is much shorter than the OEM shaft.
This is the same (shorter) on mine.
Is this what you meant by "the axles were the wrong length at that dimension"?

As far as I can tell yep! That's why they go in to far and hit the ABS sensor. Do not drive the car! If it's hitting the sensor then it's the exact same thing. Call who ever you got them from and let them know. Or call Frank at DSS and talk to him about it. Tell him they're doing the same as Brian's who bought his from Lethal. You can pm me back.

GodStang

Established Member
Posi I needed to talk to you. My sprokets or gears or what not are rubbing on my ABS sensor. I thought they were going to clear but they did not. It has fubared my gears. I am guessing I need to send a second set back>?

GodStang

Established Member
Posi

Just went back and saw that you did post pics of the ABS sensor and mine looks exactly the same. The only difference is one of mine is messed up a bit more. Did you have to replace the sensor or the gear? Does anyone know how much the cost? Sending back these Half shafts every 2 weeks is costing me alot of money and TIME!!

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
You need to call who you bought them from. Then get them to pull some strings. I just called Jared (Lethal) and he is aware of this.

Last edited:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
That's not a little wear that's a lot. Thanks for posting your pic's because now Frank (owner of DSS) can come in here and see them.

GodStang

Established Member
My only thoughts are on the top one some are very warn and some are not warn at all. Almost like it is off center. Some hit and some don't. That may cause problems. Before I yank them again I am going under tonite and reevaluate the whole thing.

Users who are viewing this thread