Lets talk pressure washers

lilcoop03

Established Member
Looking for some insight and experience with different models of pressure washers. Not really interested in anything electric as they usually don't perform anything like gas powered models..

I have borrowed 2 different ones in the past from family members and they both had issues and needed repair all the damn time...

I'm looking to buy one maybe in the next month or so (I'm guessing it may be better to buy now before it warms up in the spring for a better deal..?) I will use it to clean my brick house, and concrete patio/porch mostly. I don't mind spending some coin on one if I know its good and reliable, but as always I'm looking for a deal. I'm in upstate SC if that makes any difference..

What say you, SVTP?? Thanks!

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
I had the best consumer grade gas pressure washer I could get from Sears maybe 12 years ago. I had a lot of concrete driveway, a lot of patio, and a lot of brick house. Unless you have a commercial grade set up (read: expensive) you will spend way more time cleaning your driveway and house than you want to. Picture yourself coloring in a full sized piece of poster paper with a ball point pen. I finally gave mine to a friend and paid people to come do it for me.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.

DiB14-SAFD

Established Member
I've had the same one for 10 years and have done nothing but put fuel in it and change the oil a few times. I don't remember the brand, but it does have a Honda engine.

I second that. I bought a 3000 psi, Honda engine, pressure washer from Costco about 7-8 years ago and haven’t had to do anything beyond normal maintenance.

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
if your not looking for something professional then I would get the Generac. I've owned a few and I have to say this one works best. it will vibrate a little but its quality is second to none imo

the power dial is the shit! awesome feature!

https://www.amazon.com/Generac-7019...hr-20&linkId=5c992c258328db9aeecd5771471fbfc9

Have the same model. Very good pressure washer. Has the B&S motor and I've never had an issue with it and mine gets a lot of use on my property.

CGLhawk260

Established Member
I have the same model that GNBRETT referenced. It works great i only wish the handle was made better. Sometimes the handle folds when moving it around.

CV355

_
Established Member
Personally I run a little Greenworks electric power washer and it does just fine for what I need it for. I am cautious of longevity though. If you want to use a foam cannon, the higher GPM electric models are fine. Much beyond that, they really lack the pressure and flow to get heavy cleaning jobs done.

Every couple of years I borrow my father's Troybilt gas power washer for some heavy duty task and that thing is bulletproof.

08mojo

Established Member

lilcoop03

Established Member
So it sounds like one with a Honda engine is the way to go for me. Thanks for the insight guys!

And don't worry, this thing will NOT be lent out. Im sure that's the root cause of most of the problems associated with these things..

raustin0017

Established Member
Most of the problems come from letting it sit for a long time with fuel in the carb. Same thing with gas weed eaters, generators, etc... I have the 3100 psi Honda and every time I use it...I let it run out of fuel and burn what is in the carb. Same with all my small gas engines. When I need them, fresh fuel and first pull they start.

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
So it sounds like one with a Honda engine is the way to go for me. Thanks for the insight guys!

And don't worry, this thing will NOT be lent out. Im sure that's the root cause of most of the problems associated with these things..

Yeah, for the most part, you'll be fine. I picked up a Ryobi pressure washer a couple years ago with a Honda motor (3,100 psi) for $200 and it's been great

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
My mother in law has this one: https://www.lowes.com/pd/Briggs-Str...-Cold-Water-Gas-Pressure-Washer-CARB/50119637

We use it to wash 3 family houses, drive ways, tractors etc. It's a beast. You can add soap easily. I'm not sure if you need 3k psi because i didnt read the thread, im busy at work. Just letting you know if i was to buy one or recommend one, id get this one. We always shut the petcock off and when we use it after months of sitting, it fires up easy like Sunday morning.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread