lets see what you got

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
i'm looking to change up my system in my car. the one i just took out was really heavy and shook my trunk really bad. i'm looking for something pretty light weight but still have some bump. so lets see what you got! :beer:

my old loud ass system:

172-1.gif

whitefiveo

Established Member
i think i already showed you mine, if you want ill post pics again, its probable not as heavy as yours and it also sounds great, plus i still have all my truck space, the box i have hides the speaker and amp behind the back seat, it hits pretty damn hard for one 10'...

also if some jackass was to pop my truck, and try to steal it, it doesnt even look like there is a system in it.

lemme know if you want me to repost the pic and i will

LDC2335

Established Member
my sound system...sorry. Guess it wasn't funny.

i think a pic of exhaust or something would have been funnier, but i got the joke..lol

on a serious note, i had a kicker L7 and matching amp, but ditched it when i got this car, it was too much for this little trunk and too heavy.. I told myself that was the last sub i'd ever own. Boy do i miss it. Ive been thinking about going with a single 10" or a under seat all in one unit just for a little extra low end.

for now, i just have some fosgate 3 way 6x8 components and some matching 6.5" 3 ways in the back.. they sound good, but i miss the low end of a sub..oh well half the time i keep it low to hear exhaust anyway.

img1255842597502.jpg

94venomV8

Established Member
I have two tens going in a custom box that fits right behind both wheel wells so you still have the whole trunk open. Nothing that is to loud, I listen to classic rock so I just have it sounding good not waking my neighbors lol.

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
i have rockford 5x7's all the way around and i did some custom work on the tweeter pod which really just had a small speaker anyway. it took me a little while but if you've seen what was originally in the triangle pod you'd know what i had to do.

DSCN1735.gif

SnkBit

Established Member
No pics, But im running 2 Rockford Punch 10s in a ported box. In the front I have a Kicker Resolution RS5 component set. Gives a clean sound with just the right amount of bass. Its just a leftover system I had laying around and decided it was alot better than the mach 460 crap that came in it.

Bouttime09

Oh, it's not 5.0?
Established Member
I have heard messing with the stock 460 system is a pita. is this the case, or is it really not that big of a deal compared to anyother system?

LDC2335

Established Member
I have heard messing with the stock 460 system is a pita. is this the case, or is it really not that big of a deal compared to anyother system?

its a pain, too many amps going to to many places, i bypassed all the amps and re wired the whole system to my new deck. Much better.

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
i don't have anything left of the mach 460. everything is replaced. i found a guy that builds the flush mounted boxes online. i'm thinking about 1 10" p3 rockford fosgate and one of the amps i already have. it should be plenty loud enough still and keep some of the weight out of my car.

Users who are viewing this thread