Before:
Headlights - old.jpg

After:
Headlights - new.jpg

andymarkv

Established Member
Should have sold me that chevy lol

Great trucks
I know!! I've watched 10+ manual GMT800 trucks come through Pick A Part, and I keep telling myself I need to harvest that stuff if I ever want to do a manual swap in the future... But I'm getting too lazy, and reg cabs were rare when new.

Not my truck...but if you fast forward to 4:30-5:30 you'll see what I mean. Reg cab GMT800 has a great seating position, green house and the NV3500 is "car like" to shift(but you can't bang shift one)
A manual V8 GMT800 reg cab is a BLAST for a daily!

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Finally tackled putting on the hidden winch on this bad boy. Pain in the ass, but it looks nice..
Still trying to talk my wife into one of these. Kind of hard to justify when she only drives about 8 miles a week, and she likes her 04 Escape. I hate that thing.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Agreed, that really works. What's the story behind the winch & bumper?
I had been thinking about a winch for this thing from day 1. Ford wanted $3500 for their version and it interfered with the front camera and made the front sensors inoperable, so no adaptive cruise. Another member on here, wish I could remember who it was, posted up his Bronco with this winch. I liked it and bought it the next day. It's been sitting in the garage for about 4 months now. It was a bit nerve racking, because they have you cut off frame extensions, brackets on the oil cooler and shorten hoses. The whole time I'm thinking "I hope I'm reading these instructtions right". Front bumper is the stock unit.
Still trying to talk my wife into one of these. Kind of hard to justify when she only drives about 8 miles a week, and she likes her 04 Escape. I hate that thing.
Have her trade in that turd. We've had this over 1.5 years and only have 15k on it. The wife loves it. It drives great and is fun to take the top off and tool around.

C2tuck

Established Member
I had been thinking about a winch for this thing from day 1. Ford wanted $3500 for their version and it interfered with the front camera and made the front sensors inoperable, so no adaptive cruise. Another member on here, wish I could remember who it was, posted up his Bronco with this winch. I liked it and bought it the next day. It's been sitting in the garage for about 4 months now. It was a bit nerve racking, because they have you cut off frame extensions, brackets on the oil cooler and shorten hoses. The whole time I'm thinking "I hope I'm reading these instructtions right". Front bumper is the stock unit.

Have her trade in that turd. We've had this over 1.5 years and only have 15k on it. The wife loves it. It drives great and is fun to take the top off and tool around.

157315fea4a4c764f4850971b813cdaf.jpg

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
That's it!

Thanks for the heads up on this kit. Not gonna lie, it was a bitch. Thank goodness I have a lift.
I see that bumper still retains all the sensors. May have to look into that.

BTW, what coolant did you use to top off the reservoir? I looked it up and got some conflicting info. I think it's supposed to be the yellow prediluted.

Last edited:

C2tuck

Established Member
That's it!

Thanks for the heads up on this kit. Not gonna lie, it was a bitch. Thank goodness I have a lift.
I see that bumper still retains all the sensors. May have to look into that.

BTW, what coolant did you use to top off the reservoir? I looked it up and got some conflicting info. I think it's supposed to be the yellow prediluted.

Yes sir, YUGE pain in the ass, did mine with no lift…

I used the yellow pre-diluted from Oreilly’s. Was surprised at how much I actually lost so fast.

andymarkv

Established Member
97 4x4 short bed lariat
Not gonna lie...this is not my favorite body style for F150's...BUT! The color matched trucks with factory flares kick ass!! Very nice!
Yours looks to be pristine & reg cab/short bed is icing on the cake!
Lariat truck in that configuration had to be somewhat rare when new?
Its a shame that the 5.4 only made 230hp back then. This truck could be made perfect when 7.3 Gozilla's get cheaper/more available...

HEMIMACH 98

Established Member
Not gonna lie...this is not my favorite body style for F150's...BUT! The color matched trucks with factory flares kick ass!! Very nice!
Yours looks to be pristine & reg cab/short bed is icing on the cake!
Lariat truck in that configuration had to be somewhat rare when new?
Its a shame that the 5.4 only made 230hp back then. This truck could be made perfect when 7.3 Gozilla's get cheaper/more available...
It was my father's I just restored it back in 2013
It's is very nice inside out
I need to buff out the paint

Users who are viewing this thread