Lets see those trucks!

andymarkv

Established Member
Those look nice. I want some LED tails. It’s amazing how much the factory ones bring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Funny you brought this up... I just saw a guy on the F150 forums bought some '18-'20 LED replicas that looked pretty nice, so I bought a set.
I bought mine off Amazon, but there are other sources, like these guys
Spyder Auto 2015-2020 Ford F150 [Incandescent Model Upgrade] OE BLIS Style LED Tail Lights - ALT-JH-FF15019BS-FLED-RD

They are definitely chinesium for the wiring, but they look pretty much spot on. It will be interesting to see how durable they are.
The reason they look so close is they are also sold as an aftermarket replacement for stock LED lights.
Its a little crazy...they want almost as much for 1 as a replacement for the stock LED, as for 2 when they're incandescent replacements. (I think the only difference is additional wiring to plug in your existing BLIS sensor on the LED replacements)
f150 amazon.pngf150 amazon2.png

They come with adapters to run in the 15-17 trucks and LED hyperflash resistors.
I forgot the LED's are actually raised vs the surface of the bed, this allows them to be seen from the front of the vehicle. (and side mirrors)
I've always wanted a set but balked at the $700 price for used. (plus screwing around with Forscan to correct the hyperflash)
These were $358 so I thought, WTH. Still stupid money for...tail lights? lol

f150 tail.jpg

f150 tail 2.jpg

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Funny you brought this up... I just saw a guy on the F150 forums bought some '18-'20 LED replicas that looked pretty nice, so I bought a set.
I bought mine off Amazon, but there are other sources, like these guys
Spyder Auto 2015-2020 Ford F150 [Incandescent Model Upgrade] OE BLIS Style LED Tail Lights - ALT-JH-FF15019BS-FLED-RD

They are definitely chinesium for the wiring, but they look pretty much spot on. It will be interesting to see how durable they are.
The reason they look so close is they are also sold as an aftermarket replacement for stock LED lights.
Its a little crazy...they want almost as much for 1 as a replacement for the stock LED, as for 2 when they're incandescent replacements. (I think the only difference is additional wiring to plug in your existing BLIS sensor on the LED replacements)
View attachment 1810638View attachment 1810639

They come with adapters to run in the 15-17 trucks and LED hyperflash resistors.
I forgot the LED's are actually raised vs the surface of the bed, this allows them to be seen from the front of the vehicle. (and side mirrors)
I've always wanted a set but balked at the $700 price for used. (plus screwing around with Forscan to correct the hyperflash)
These were $358 so I thought, WTH. Still stupid money for...tail lights? lol

View attachment 1810640
View attachment 1810641

So you bought those? I like them plug and play?

andymarkv

Established Member
So you bought those? I like them plug and play?
Yep, I bought a set. Plug & play for '18-20. '15-'17 has an included adapter harness.
The gold LED hyperflash resister is also plug & play. (I tried without it, yep the turn signals flash at hyper speed!)
The wiring is all a bit long so you just have to get creative with routing & a little ziptie.
They definitely look like the factory BLIS LEDs.

I bought mine from Amazon because I had a giftcard, but the link in my last post are the same ones.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Yep, I bought a set. Plug & play for '18-20. '15-'17 has an included adapter harness.
The gold LED hyperflash resister is also plug & play. (I tried without it, yep the turn signals flash at hyper speed!)
The wiring is all a bit long so you just have to get creative with routing & a little ziptie.
They definitely look like the factory BLIS LEDs.

I bought mine from Amazon because I had a giftcard, but the link in my last post are the same ones.

I really like these they look like factory, adapter for 15-17 halogens included you say? I’m probably going to pull the trigger on these soon.

andymarkv

Established Member
Here's a pair I recently picked up. Both manual trans 4x4. 87 is a 6.2l diesel, 73 is a small block 350.
Man...on that '73, I'd do whatever is the softest riding 4" lift kit, small cam/carb/intake, recurve the HEI & let'er eat!
Someone swapped 3/4 ton axles under it...but kept all the 1/2 ton stuff? I assume 4.10 gears?

andymarkv

Established Member

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Man...on that '73, I'd do whatever is the softest riding 4" lift kit, small cam/carb/intake, recurve the HEI & let'er eat!
Someone swapped 3/4 ton axles under it...but kept all the 1/2 ton stuff? I assume 4.10 gears?

Great minds think alike. I already ordered a 4" ezride kit from Tuff country for the diesel. I will either leave the 73 stock height, or move the 2" lift from the diesel onto the 73.

I haven't quite figured out gears in the 73 yet.. but they are definitely either 4.10s or 3.73s. She's singing pretty good at 65 mph.

The 73 already has what feels like a warmed over small block. It rips pretty good! Has a 600cfm Holley and aluminum intake.. my bet is a small cam as well, although I can't "hear" it if it has one.

Good times!

IMG_5794.JPG

IMG_5793.JPG

andymarkv

Established Member
Great minds think alike. I already ordered a 4" ezride kit from Tuff country for the diesel. I will either leave the 73 stock height, or move the 2" lift from the diesel onto the 73.

I haven't quite figured out gears in the 73 yet.. but they are definitely either 4.10s or 3.73s. She's singing pretty good at 65 mph.

The 73 already has what feels like a warmed over small block. It rips pretty good! Has a 600cfm Holley and aluminum intake.. my bet is a small cam as well, although I can't "hear" it if it has one.

Good times!
Will the Tuff Country kit take into account the diesel weight? Sometimes they want you to add a leaf...but I've had it where that is too much. I've used an Offroad Design 1 inch "zero rate" add-a-leaf (basically a block that bolts to the spring pack) to get the stance I wanted without adding spring rate.

The '73 sounds like a BLAST. I am a manual shift guy to the core...but damn it, the 2-3 spread in a sm465 takes a big chunk of fun outa it! I wish there was a reasonable priced/readily available 5-6sp trans that was swappable.....

If you like the white wheel look, 92-97 F250 16x7 Accuride steelies are 1/2" wider and a more positive offset. (67-72 guys run them a lot)
Old set of SOS scrubbed chrome wagons, or a semi-beat set of aluminum slots would look pretty bitchin...if you're into a vintage/patina look.

Vforce700

Established Member
A bit older F150 shortbed with 5.0 and manual transmission. My 95-8 yrs with original owner and I've had for 20 now. Has been a great truck. This truck is expert in wheeler hauling. The doohickey across the front of the box is a "Cabsaver". Its a rubber covered flexible aluminum bar that keeps wheelers from colliding with the front of the bed or on newer trucks, busting out the back cab window. 61k original miles now....
20210528_110246.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread