Lets see those trucks!

jessie_sanders

Established Member
That platform (99-06) is going down as one of the all-time greats in truck history. They really are unbeatable vehicles.
Unbuyable from what I'm finding.

I just can't make myself pay $15-20K for a 2500, gas, 4x4 with or over 200K.

Make the world go back to normal.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Unbuyable from what I'm finding.

I just can't make myself pay $15-20K for a 2500, gas, 4x4 with or over 200K.

Make the world go back to normal.

Youre so right. Things are coming back down though... slowly.. but its happening.

Check out this gem I picked up a few months ago. She's a 1-owner (retired Dentist) truck. 4.8l 4x4, front bench (LOVE me some front bench), cloth interior. A/C will freeze your balls off. Super well kept.

here's the kicker... thing has 275k miles!!!!!! Crazy to think. It runs like it has 50k. Truly amazing. I ran a compression test... all cylinders 140-145. Thing drives absolutely perfect. Guy gave me a stack of dealer service receipts 2" thick since it was new.

Picked it up for $2500 down by San Diego. It's such a great driver.. love this truck!

jessie_sanders

Established Member
Youre so right. Things are coming back down though... slowly.. but its happening.

Check out this gem I picked up a few months ago. She's a 1-owner (retired Dentist) truck. 4.8l 4x4, front bench (LOVE me some front bench), cloth interior. A/C will freeze your balls off. Super well kept.

here's the kicker... thing has 275k miles!!!!!! Crazy to think. It runs like it has 50k. Truly amazing. I ran a compression test... all cylinders 140-145. Thing drives absolutely perfect. Guy gave me a stack of dealer service receipts 2" thick since it was new.

Picked it up for $2500 down by San Diego. It's such a great driver.. love this truck!

That's awesome. And at that price you could afford to go with a remanufactured engine or transmission if necessary. What a find

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
That's awesome. And at that price you could afford to go with a remanufactured engine or transmission if necessary. What a find

Agree...

The motor will probably outlast the truck. Iron LS's are tough as nails.

Trans on the other had... ha. I'll definitely budget for a trans in the future if I keep her long term!

muscleatsrice

Established Member
New to me 2019, So far I love this thing!
IMG_1592.JPG
IMG_1593.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Just picked up a new addition.
2016 F150 Platinum - 5.0L

I've done the following quick mods -
- SCT Tune
- K+N filter
- Removed rear block from leaf springs (dropped 1.25 inch).
- Installed 2008 F150 Harley Davidson wheels and Nitto tires (285-45-22).
- Installed Flowmaster catback exhaust.
- Tinted front windows (20% ceramic).
- Removed the 4X4 decals off bed.

How’s the tune? Thought about doing it to my 15 once the warranty is over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OX1

Established Member

Good deal, but in jersey, that thing wouldn't have one solid body panel left on it. That is why jersey does not even bother checking OBDI emission at all anymore, most cars that old rotted away, or are treated like collector cars now anyway.

andymarkv

Established Member
That platform (99-06) is going down as one of the all-time greats in truck history. They really are unbeatable vehicles.
Agree 100%. My '06 Silverado was by far my favorite truck I ever owned. The size was right, bullet proof LS and clean body style.
I had the same bench in my truck, could drive it for hours without fatigue. The velour on those is much better for durability and comfort vs todays rough "burlap" cloth seats...
Stick RCLB.jpg

Last edited:

andymarkv

Established Member
Good deal, but in jersey, that thing wouldn't have one solid body panel left on it. That is why jersey does not even bother checking OBDI emission at all anymore, most cars that old rotted away, or are treated like collector cars now anyway.
Yep...this is what most 99-06 GMT800 trucks look like in the rust belt...the frame will be broken in another year or two.
You guys out west or down south don't know how good you have it.
rusty NBS.jpg

Fastback

Baker
Established Member
Premium Member
As we are on the topic, one of the tow pigs! Old man picked it up new. Just got back from a trip to the Ridge Motorsports Park in Shelton. The track has been upgraded a ton since last time I was there. The 2500HD 8.1 and the Allison transmission make towing the enclosed 20' trailer with gear and 3200lb car.
20230708_075726_compress95.jpg
20230708_080318_compress85.jpg

Ryan2KRedL

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
How’s the tune? Thought about doing it to my 15 once the warranty is over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It made a noticeable difference in takeoff and shifting.
I have been told that the trucks are different from the cars in how they respond to the drive by wire feeling of acceleration.
Have you reset your throttle pedal / throttle position lately?

- Turn key to ON (push button once) but don't hit brake and don't start engine.
- Mash the throttle to the floor like you are "rolling into it" and rapidly let off of it for it to full rebound.
- Turn key off.
- Repeat for total of 3 times to fully reset.

I may also invest in the Pedal Commander as lots of folks on the F150 forums seem to have positive results. But it's about $300.

Users who are viewing this thread