Let's see those REAL dogs...

LS WUT

Established Member
Glad she’s doing better!

I know exactly what ya mean, mine had it bad from the kidney stuff so had to keep an eye on that and just being relieved to come home and see she finally wasn’t throwing up
It’s a relief for sure man! Thank you for the kind wishes. It’s so tough not knowing what to do because it’s not like she can tell you what’s wrong.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
Gunner and Gracie taking their afternoon nap:
IMG_7536.jpeg

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Gf found this guy at the local shelter and fell in love so he ended up coming home. He's an Alaskan Husky/Shepherd mix and I warned her that we would have to be really careful with him and the other animals since we don't know his history. Turns out he is one of the most well-behave and intuitive dogs I have ever had; very similar to the Mals and their demeanor. He's been great with small kids, the 3 cats in the house, and also the Ferret. He hasn't even shown an interest in messing with them or aggression, although the largest cat swiped at him from the counter and left his claw embedded in his snout, but he didn't even react to it.

His name is King which we don't really feel fits him but being just over 3 years old I don't think we'll be able to change it since he answers to it.

20230616_194943.jpg
20230616_184558.jpg
20230618_141125.jpg

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Gf found this guy at the local shelter and fell in love so he ended up coming home. He's an Alaskan Husky/Shepherd mix and I warned her that we would have to be really careful with him and the other animals since we don't know his history. Turns out he is one of the most well-behave and intuitive dogs I have ever had; very similar to the Mals and their demeanor. He's been great with small kids, the 3 cats in the house, and also the Ferret. He hasn't even shown an interest in messing with them or aggression, although the largest cat swiped at him from the counter and left his claw embedded in his snout, but he didn't even react to it.

His name is King which we don't really feel fits him but being just over 3 years old I don't think we'll be able to change it since he answers to it.

View attachment 1797722View attachment 1797723View attachment 1797724

Fantastic backstory! Such a unique, great looking King!

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Couple more I just took. He's connected at the hip with my girl and doesn't want to leave her side, but will sometimes come hang with me now. She just left him for the first time though to go get her sister and so he's intently watching the windows for her to return while chilling with me on the couch. I do like how protective he seems to be of her as he did bark for the first time when I came home yesterday and started to unlock the front door and then stopped as soon as he saw me.

When we're both on the couch though he is snuggled up between us switching sides on who he lies on lol. Really happy about how well behaved he is and just so calm. It makes me wonder how he ended up at a shelter because his previous owner clearly spent a lot of time with him.

20230618_141058.jpg
20230618_142745.jpg
20230618_142754.jpg

Last edited:

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Fantastic backstory! Such a unique, great looking King!

Thanks! We're really just dumbfounded how he ended up in a shelter, but I do believe he was raised by someone who was very knowledgeable with dogs and probably more mature so maybe the owner passed and there was nowhere else for King to go? Or they had to move and he was a breed that wasn't allowed? I know a lot of Mals and Huskies end up in shelters because people don't realize how much space they need and apartments are usually too small for them, but this guy doesn't seem like the previous ones I've had encounters with.

Recon

Established Member

View attachment 1797722View attachment 1797723View attachment 1797724

He’s beautiful, congratulations! If you are serious about a name change it could work, it just takes time. My little lab’s name was Dah that another family member gave her. I though it was a ridiculous name, and decided I wasn’t calling her that. I named her Daisy as it was close to her other name but wasn’t ridiculous. It’s been almost 2 months and she’s almost fully acknowledging her new name whenever it’s said. She’s almost 6 years old. It’ll take some time but if you commit to it; the dog will start to learn his new name.

Sent from somewhere in the twilight zone…

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
New neighbors have a 2 y.o. black & white German Short Hair. She's so cool and so fast.

Nose is going 1000 mph, tail wags at twice that speed - lol.

All that's important in her life is her ball, her nose, and her family.
She's the best dog with kids too. Doesn't jump up or snap. Guess she gets very anxious though when they're away.
They do a great job of exercising her. Its wonderful.

Last edited:

Recon

Established Member
Are they female? My male was nearly 70lbs.
She’s a beautiful Merle by the way.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Are they female? My male was nearly 70lbs.
She’s a beautiful Merle by the way.

Our black tri-color Cody (RIP) was a healthy 45lbs, if we get another Aussie we want a red merle with 70lb parents.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
All have been females. Males, I'm told, are a little more mellow. This particular breeder is very particular in how she picks breeding traits. Her males are around 50-60 pounds. She has done quite well in competition.

Last edited:

Recon

Established Member
Our black tri-color Cody (RIP) was a healthy 45lbs, if we get another Aussie we want a red merle with 70lb parents.

74a91779b5366d59c3b4e2c5b35a3aad.jpg

My boy with my 55lb beagle/border collie mix. Aussies are beautiful dogs. I normally wouldn’t choose them, but mine chose me and I’m sold now.
That’s about the only good size comparison photo I have of him. Another one would be him and his girlfriend, who’s a small Aussie.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
If we didn't have a lot of property, I'd never consider an Aussie, just too much energy for inside and small yards. We have to run them around nearly everyday or they get restless.

bullitt2735

Established Member
moved into a new house recently and today, one of my dogs Paxton discovered what turtles are for the first time... Hilarity ensued, could not get her to respond to her drop it command at all. (she is usually very well behaved and it probably didn't help that my wife and I could not stop laughing at the situation.) Eventually she dropped it the second I got a hold of her but not before the turtle peed in her mouth... Turtle is AOK also LOL

Users who are viewing this thread