Premium Member

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Probably not the best. I wear these when I am more active. But if I am sitting in a tree and need warmth I wear my Elk Trackers.

Thanks, Im getting tired of my muck boots pulling my socks off and letting my toes freeze. May be time to try a standard insulated boot, have heard good things about the Salomon Toundra Pro's but have been holding off to see how this season pans out. I prefer leather so I may grab those instead, do you size up at all???

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
Probably not the best. I wear these when I am more active. But if I am sitting in a tree and need warmth I wear my Elk Trackers.

Thanks, Im getting tired of my muck boots pulling my socks off and letting my toes freeze. May be time to try a standard insulated boot, have heard good things about the Salomon Toundra Pro's but have been holding off to see how this season pans out. I prefer leather so I may grab those instead, do you size up at all???

Having been a hunter for many years and having gone through numerous boots, leather and rubber, I am to the point that the socks(s) are a more important consideration for keeping your feet warm than the insulation in the boots. Yes a 1000 gram boot will work better than no insulation, but I don't seem to detect a difference in the ability of a boot with 1000 gram insulation is worse than ones with 1600 gram (highest I have ever tried). Keep your feet dry from sweat is key, just hard to do.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member

I like my boots to fit true to size. This is one of the reasons I never liked the muck boots. They are so tough to walk in because they do not seem to fit. Agree on socks comment. Never cheap out on these. I wear one pair but get the best ones I can find. Wigwam and REI have been good. If it is super cold and I am not moving around I will use toe warmers.

Soloman makes a good product. I have some of their low top hikers and have been very happy with them.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Having been a hunter for many years and having gone through numerous boots, leather and rubber, I am to the point that the socks(s) are a more important consideration for keeping your feet warm than the insulation in the boots. Yes a 1000 gram boot will work better than no insulation, but I don't seem to detect a difference in the ability of a boot with 1000 gram insulation is worse than ones with 1600 gram (highest I have ever tried). Keep your feet dry from sweat is key, just hard to do.
I ditched my neoprene socks because of them not moving the moisture off my feet and freezing me out after a while. The Alpaca socks I got for this year so far are great if I could just keep them on my dam feet, I think the muck boots are the problem. I sized up to an 11 from a 10 and I think that extra room is part of my problem.

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
I ditched my neoprene socks because of them not moving the moisture off my feet and freezing me out after a while. The Alpaca socks I got for this year so far are great if I could just keep them on my dam feet, I think the muck boots are the problem. I sized up to an 11 from a 10 and I think that extra room is part of my problem.

I have good luck with Smartwool socks and La Crosse AlphaBurley boots. I mix and match various thicknesses of socks to get a good fit and the best warmth combo I can. I have 3 different pairs of knee boots for various things - deer hunting, goose hunting, farming, cold weather, warm weather, etc. A lot of trial and error.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Bought a couple of basic goodies for my Genesis G70. More visual candy than higher performance.
* Burger Motorsports Dual Intake (matte black with blue cone filters)
* Burger Motorsports Billet Strut Cross Brace Kit (silver anodized)
* Extra set of Burger Motorsports blue cone air filters

kazman

King of Kazmania
Established Member
Premium Member
Well poop! There wasn't an SCT X4 under the tree. :(
Who knows where the best deal on one is?

The best I've found is $399 -6% at C J Pony Parts with whom I'm not real fond of.

Anyone?

Last edited:

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Just got this in out of laziness. Saw a guy blowing the bed of his truck out and was like that looks handy! I'm going to use it to blow out air filters in the garage and blow off my table saw and planer. Who knows what else. Works off a Dewalt battery. Easier than using my compressor and dealing with the hose for short jobs.
View attachment 1821655

Well i just not post a pic when i get mine that im about to order on the same phone im typing on right meow lol

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Bought a couple of basic goodies for my Genesis G70. More visual candy than higher performance.
* Burger Motorsports Dual Intake (matte black with blue cone filters)
* Burger Motorsports Billet Strut Cross Brace Kit (silver anodized)
* Extra set of Burger Motorsports blue cone air filters
IN FOR DETAILS!!!
(y)

Fastback

Baker
Established Member
Premium Member
20231225_150232_compress64.jpg
20231225_150409_compress85.jpg
20231225_150208_compress14.jpg

Came home Sat!

66 Studebaker Daytona
4 speed

Needs a few things, but it just cruises right along as is!

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia

Fastback

Baker
Established Member
Premium Member
Gorgeous, and love the color. Had no idea such a car existed. Canadian right?
Reminds me of a Ford Cortina.

We need more info and pics!
Yep, toward the end Studebaker had to move production to Ontario.

Clean body, most of its life was in New Mexico. Tons of documentation! Registrations, paint body receipts, original sales papers, owners manuals, brochures.

Drove until 82' then sat until 2001. Went through a restoration, got a 305 SBC with a 883 4 Speed.

Needs odds and ends. Have the rear "Studebaker Daytona" trim coming in and some other stainless emblems.
Just going to go over everything and make it a cool cruiser. Down the line it will get some nicer suspension and make ot handle a bit better.
20231225_172859_compress29.jpg
20231225_152530_compress37.jpg
20231225_172639_compress91.jpg
20231225_172352_compress5.jpg
20231225_172558_compress48.jpg
20231225_152541_compress22.jpg
20231225_172546_compress78.jpg

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Yep, toward the end Studebaker had to move production to Ontario.

Clean body, most of its life was in New Mexico. Tons of documentation! Registrations, paint body receipts, original sales papers, owners manuals, brochures.

Drove until 82' then sat until 2001. Went through a restoration, got a 305 SBC with a 883 4 Speed.

Needs odds and ends. Have the rear "Studebaker Daytona" trim coming in and some other stainless emblems.
Just going to go over everything and make it a cool cruiser. Down the line it will get some nicer suspension and make ot handle a bit better.
View attachment 1822654View attachment 1822651View attachment 1822650View attachment 1822652View attachment 1822655View attachment 1822649View attachment 1822653

Thanks for the info/pics, what a gem!

Are those custom seat covers? They look classy and unique. The 4 speed would be a hoot to drive.

Fastback

Baker
Established Member
Premium Member
Is that a RD350?
Good eye, its the little brother

74' RD200

Also have
76' RD400

Grandpa Mione had the RD400 painted, put on a ducktail, added racing faring in 76' and displayed it in the restaurant in Lido Village or Balboa Island. Mione's was a cool little place. Grandma made the meatballs and sauce.

20230227_134031.jpg

Fastback

Baker
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks for the info/pics, what a gem!

Are those custom seat covers? They look classy and unique. The 4 speed would be a hoot to drive.
Haha! They are actually for a Chevy pickup, but they do fit perfect. The seats are beautiful under. Started life as a V8 Manual 3 speed with electric overdrive. Now has a 883 with a .76 overdrive 4th gear. Just a peach, ya know when some cars just want to stay on the road.

Users who are viewing this thread