lets see them tool boxes & organization everybody

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
i was looking on another site & seen they had a tool box organization thread lets post up some pics

i know you guys got some ;)

1st off i want this guys box :rockon:

[ame=http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=466]Let's see your toolbox. - The Garage Journal Board[/ame]

I use socket "peg" organizers for all of my normal sockets in 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2" drive. I have socket holders for my specialty sockets as well.
normal_558549.jpg

I use the dividers for all of my non ratchet wrenches. ( smaller box )

I keep screwdrivers in their own drawer as well and separated.

I keep all ratchets and extensions & sockets in a drawer by themselves.

I keep all air tools in a drawer, and all electric tools and drill stuff in another.

I trays with dividers in some of these drawers to keep smaller parts organized

cutting, prying tools have their own drawer & hammers ,brass mini sledge & so on..... in a separate one too

I keep specialty tools in a separate drawer

i have a peg board on the wall were my gear wrenches stay ( in # order )
i keep them on the wall cause i use them the most

this is my current state of my garage cause i`m not done with my house yet from the nashville flood of may 2010 :(

5158575068_27dee056e6_b.jpg

and pics inside a couple random drawers too i havent reorganized from the last time i worked out of it

5157965911_66a379acfd_b.jpg

5157966223_7f2e222022_b.jpg

Last edited:

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
I wish my sockets were that organized! I have two drawers for them, one is all the 1/4" drive sockets and the other is for the 3/8 and 1/2" ones. Other than that separation it's a total free-for-all in there, no semblance of order. It sometimes takes awhile to find the right size.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Those Hansen socket trays are pretty neat. I should look into them.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
Those Hansen socket trays are pretty neat. I should look into them.

do NOT even bother with them. They are complete JUNK. Last week i picked up all of them from sears in their big sale, i returned them the same day. Not only does the small 1/4" sockets NOT fit, the larger ones arent even space out far enough to fit the sockets!

take my advise and buy these.
3 Piece SAE Socket Tray/Organizer

3 Piece Metric Socket Tray/Organizer

WAYYY better quality and you can get them at your local Harbor Freight. Will post pics of my setup later on.

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
do NOT even bother with them. They are complete JUNK. Last week i picked up all of them from sears in their big sale, i returned them the same day. Not only does the small 1/4" sockets NOT fit, the larger ones arent even space out far enough to fit the sockets!

WAYYY better quality and you can get them at your local Harbor Freight. Will post pics of my setup later on.

hmmmm weird thats what i`ve been using for almost 2yrs now & i have no problems with them other WHERE IN THE HELL CAN YOU FIND A 15mm 1/4" drive socket the local snap on man said they dont even have it :cuss:

hb712

Established Member
I have a Mac MB1000A box, 4 craftsman bottom boxes, 4 craftsman top boxes, and about 8 hand held tool boxes and a bunch of 5 gallon buckets. I'm about to start building a custom 10' work space so I can consolidate things a little better, but that will probably be a few months.

These pics are old, I have everything squared away a little better now that I'm totally moved into the new place. Things aren't near as messy now, these pics bother me.
101_0189.jpg

101_0194.jpg

101_0193.jpg

101_0192.jpg

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
No pics of my tool box at the office, but I've got a 26" Craftsman 3-tier tool chest, and a few Craftsman tool boxes for tools on the go. Nothing special, just don't have the room for anything bigger until one day (pipe dream) I build a detached in the backyard.

VtekII

Established Member
heres my box... snap on classic... box on the right is a top box that i made a platform for

garagecleanup003.jpg

i like sockets

garagecleanup005.jpg

garagecleanup006.jpg

garagecleanup007.jpg

some of my hammers
garagecleanup008.jpg

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member

I bought those years ago, they dont even have all of the sizes, they skip 12mm, 15mm, etc. I just replaced them with Hansen trays recently ($88 ****ing dollars for 6 pieces of plastic, but still, at least the sizes are usable!)

2003GTIZZLE

**** YO COUCH NIKKA!
Established Member
008.jpg

011.jpg

009.jpg

That little Craftsman ToolBox has been a lifesaver. I have installed everything short of my rearend gears in this very garage with that very toolbox. Goes with me on any long trip and comes in very handy. Otherwise all my other special or bigger tools get hung on the peg board. Compressor is under the bench ect.

JTR

Users who are viewing this thread