Let's see some of that custom work!

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
The exhaust flows pretty well. The car makes 574 rwhp with a 2.3 Whipple at 13psi on 91 octane. The mufflers are all magnaflow. The piping is all 2.5" stainless steel. I built the exhaust to keep the car quiet and reduce droning. It works fairly well. Very little drone and the volume is close to stock but with a much deeper tone. The intake can still be seen a bit. The coating on the intake is to help make the killer chiller more efficient. The bumper looks much better in person. I thought it looked a bit off in pics also. Then I saw one in person and it looks very clean and finished. The side reflectors are also shaved off.

NOW IT MAKES SENSE you did it for sound ./ drone more less then power, yeah im sure its quiet and wow yeah thats really good numbers for only 13psi on pump gas, but imagine the gaines on normal 15-20psi boost with 93 octane and long tubes and diffrent exaust hahaha holY HELL! lol

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
They look good, mind sharing your measurements? Lol

Haha sorry don't remember them anymore, this was done over a year ago. Basically you have to find where you are going to mount the pins first (usually the bump stop locations) then mark the underside of the hood and start drilling! These mounts require a lot of fiberglass removal, especially for the backing plate on the underside. Here's the link to their website:

http://www.aerocatch.com/

That's really trick like it, gotta say I have not seen that done before way to think out of the box.

Thanks! I've seen two other mustangs with them now but still rare.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Those hood latches are nice. Great job with the measurements and install. Looks very professional.

SLPRCTM

Established Member
My intake manifold is ported also. The ceramic coating helps by reducing the heat absorbed from the motor into the manifold. The killer chiller it's self won't add power. It gives you the option to add more timing due to a colder intake charge. The additional timing will increase hp. I use it as a small bit of detonation insurance when I hit the road course every once in a while.

I would jump at the chance to run better fuel and long tubes but I live in Ca where the smog Nazi world headquarters resides. Lol!

SLPRCTM

Established Member
My intake manifold is ported also. The ceramic coating helps by reducing the heat absorbed from the motor into the manifold. The killer chiller it's self won't add power. It gives you the option to add more timing due to a colder intake charge. The additional timing will increase hp. I use it as a small bit of detonation insurance when I hit the road course every once in a while.

I would jump at the chance to run better fuel and long tubes but I live in Ca where the smog Nazi world headquarters resides. Lol!

Black93Fox

Established Member

Was kinda thinking heat absorb. How did you do the by pass valves?

Pantera1

Established Member
image.jpg
Hydrodipped valve covers

Last edited:

Pantera1

Established Member
That's awesome who did you have do the work blkgt500? Have some things to get powder coated but he's a tuff guy to communicate with. Undecided on hydrodipped can it scratch/flake off easy?

I actually used a company local to me in Colorado springs, K&T hydrographics. He cleaned them up, primered, painted, dipped then clear coat, seems very durable

CSCOBRA03

Established Member
I made a diffuser

Here is a photo of a diffuser I made for my cobra. I'm currently working on a newer more visible design.

v_zps5gc24ebx.jpg

Dalton_ray

Established Member
Didn't do anything to custom..

Finished my SRA swap, installed my hydro dipped radiator cover and expansion tanks, think it blends in perfect and looks killer with my matching nitrous bottle :)

20150208_024552_zpsntzubank.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

[/IMG]
20150122_135226_zpsb4x35atm.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

03slaminator

Established Member
Just got the motor dropped in the car a couple nights ago!! Hopefully I can have it fired up within the next few days! I can't wait. I did all the paint work myself.

image-47.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread