Lets hear some Key West experiences

venmos1

Established Member
im looking into going down to key west after my wedding. im not sure when i would want to go. dont want to go when its extremely crowded. looking to stay at Reflections at Ocean Key House (grandparents have a timeshare). im def going to do some fishing while im down there. lets hear your experiences. when to go, when not to go, where to go, where not to go etc.

Lumpydogs

Established Member
Go drinkering at Irish Kevins one night. It's a good time. Live entertainment by rude entertainers that have lots of crowd participation. :beer:

The fishing is great. The group I was with caught limits of dolphin (mahi mahi)

p.s. I got hit on by the guy working at the Coach Store. He told my wife to keep an eye on me or he would snatch me up :xpl:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Key West is a absolute riot.We used to have a frozen fruit drink(alcohol) at Fat Tuesday`s for breakfast and just keep on cranking-em the rest of the day.

SinisterX

Makin ALL KINDS of gains
Established Member
Was there for Fantasy Fest last year. Partied till 6am everynight and made out with countless chicks and almost one dude that looked like a chick.

GOOD TIMES but very crouded,

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
If you drop your keys, make sure that you kick them home.

Bwahahaha! Yeah, gay central. I didn't seem to notice many, except near the gay bar on Duval... Had the pleasure of seeing some chick take her top off at our hotel pool though.

I had a great time in Key West last year. Stayed in the amazing Santa Maria Suites, which had an awesome sushi restaurant attached. Went out drinking at Margaritaville, Sloppy Joes, Capt. Tony's, and the Green Parrot. Our place was on the south side of the island near the southernmost point, so it was much quieter than the north side where all the bars are. I recommend renting scooters, only about $100 for 2-3 days and much easier to get around and park than a car. This lets you see all the sites and places you want to visit later. Try the A&B Lobster house (I think that's the name) for great seafood, but kinda pricey.

We went out for a day of deep sea fishing, but my gf, her sister, and her sister's bf all puked before we got all the way out, so a guy we were with paid the captain to take us all back to shore. So it ended up being a shitty 3 hour boatride for nothing.

I lived wayyyy above my means on that trip because my gf's dad paid for almost everything and his rich friend paid for a lot of stuff too. I could have easily dropped a grand or more on the 5 days we were there, but probably ended up paying around $250 total (flights, rental car, suite, food & drink, activites). :rockon:

Last edited:

venmos1

Established Member
sounds like a good time. i really dont want to go when its crowded (i think mostly feb through april?). i figure its going to be fairly pricey. i dont mind too much. ill only be getting married once. how often do cruise ships stop in? that could get crowded quickly.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I was there in mid March, actually we got there the day before St. Patricks Day. Even then, the place wasn't really that crowded I didn't think. I know one day when we were walking around the shops on the north side of the island, there were 2 cruise ships docked and it still wasn't bad.

Look for places on the west side of the island near the southernmost point. There were a lot of nice looking hotels around our area. If this is your honeymoon, check out the Casa Marina, which is the biggest and nicest resort on the Island. We went a few times for breakfast at their buffet and lunch at the outdoor bar next to the private beach. Such a nice place, my ex's uncle actually used to own the place, and he owns the condos we stayed at in the Santa Maria. Also, The Reach Resort is right next to the Santa Maria and has an awesome pool and private beach right behind it. It'll be a tad pricey as well, but worth it for your first and maybe only time in KW. Scooter rentals are right across the street, as well as a few nice little restaurants. Good luck man!

Last edited:

THE_STIG

Established Member
Go for a week and stay at Sunset Key, you will never want to come home. I left 6 years ago and I still want to go back.

venmos1

Established Member
glad to hear how everyone has a blast. im getting a good deal through my gparents for a place to stay. they have a timeshare and i can get a week for $200. cant beat that. that is at the reflections at ocean key House. its looks really nice. its on the north side, pretty much right in the middle of everything. it overlooks the parking lot on mallory square and is right beside where the cruise ships dock up. has a nice pool but no beach. no big deal, plenty of those around. fishing for some grouper and snapper is a must do. some decent prices too. yeah this is my honeymoon so its a one time thing. any places to stay away from (aside from the gay bar)?

BayouFX4

GEAUX TIGERS
Established Member
Duval Crawl

/thread

If you drop your keys, make sure that you kick them home.

+1 to both. I had a blast when I went down there last June. I didn't really notice too many flamers except under the rainbow flags. I did see a 6'8 transvestite that could play for the Saints though lol. The street performers weren't to bad at sunset. So many hot girls girls walking around too.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Sloppy Joes gets super crowded, we didn't even try to go in there. Try Capt. Tony's and Hogs Breath, which are right across the street. The margaritas at Margaritaville are amazing! I had 5.5 in one night, among other drinks, and got hammmmmered. Lots of little places along Duval to get drinks.

TGS2

Dr.Gonzo
Established Member
I've been there many times. Great place. Best time of year to go is spring before it gets to hot, it's also most crowded then. The cheapest and least crowded will be July/August, or Dec/Jan.

Their are two gay bars on the North side of Duval, but the gay dudes don't bother anyone.

Rent a few scooters and try para-sailing. Make sure to hit up Hog's Breath and Sloppy Joe's. The key is to get there early and just start drinking.lol

A free place to stay is always good. If you get the chance sometime, stay at a guest house. I stay at the Douglas house when I go down there.

jmk97GT

Established Member
I was there in mid March, actually we got there the day before St. Patricks Day. Even then, the place wasn't really that crowded I didn't think. I know one day when we were walking around the shops on the north side of the island, there were 2 cruise ships docked and it still wasn't bad.

Look for places on the west side of the island near the southernmost point. There were a lot of nice looking hotels around our area. If this is your honeymoon, check out the Casa Marina, which is the biggest and nicest resort on the Island. We went a few times for breakfast at their buffet and lunch at the outdoor bar next to the private beach. Such a nice place, my ex's uncle actually used to own the place, and he owns the condos we stayed at in the Santa Maria. Also, The Reach Resort is right next to the Santa Maria and has an awesome pool and private beach right behind it. It'll be a tad pricey as well, but worth it for your first and maybe only time in KW. Scooter rentals are right across the street, as well as a few nice little restaurants. Good luck man!

I stayed there, it was ridiculously nice considering the price wasn't too crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread